The Third Amendment Refutes all Gun Control Arguments

...and homicides total per captia???

UK 1.2 per 100,000

USA 4.8 per 100,000

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So which society has the more effective laws?

Wrong question...

Which society has a bigger GANG PROBLEM?

I'm for any law that directly takes guns from gang members...

NOW, take gang killings out of the comparrison and tell me again homicides per capita...

Now you are starting to see the REAL picture...

you went from 20-1 to 4-1 ---- any guess what the removal of gang violence is going to do to the numbers???

so you see, the problem isn't GUNS --- the problem is GANGS!!!

...and homicides total per captia???

UK 1.2 per 100,000

USA 4.8 per 100,000

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So which society has the more effective laws?

You are ignoring the Federal vs Unitary argument from post 7, which invalidates that reasoning (click the link below to return to post 7).

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...es-all-gun-control-arguments.html#post6986662

-----------------------
Furthermore, Gun Violence is the Effect of crime, it is not the Cause of crime. You cannot solve the effects of crime, you can only solve the causes.

Last edited:
So by this logic, if there is no declaration of war in place, the police can't forcibly enter a home to arrest a fugitive child molester? Or rather, the fugitive has the right to shoot them, without penalty?

No, because they have a warrant, and no because they aren't be quartered (living long term) in the home. Retard.

So... how long do they have to stay before it is considered quartering?

So by this logic, if there is no declaration of war in place, the police can't forcibly enter a home to arrest a fugitive child molester? Or rather, the fugitive has the right to shoot them, without penalty?

No, because they have a warrant, and no because they aren't be quartered (living long term) in the home. Retard.

It was asinine when you posted it the first time.... it is still asinine...

It still wouldn't matter, because the the number one cause of violent death is:

DEMOCIDE

Source of this statistic?

It's sad that you would even challenge that assertion, keep in mind this is violent death only, perhaps you thought I meant all causes of death?

Dictatorships’ death toll: 262 million murdered in the 20th century -- and not by war

R.J. Rummel at the Democratic Peace blog has been keeping track of the damage dictatatorships do, and the indispensability of democracy to building a lasting peace.

Rummel has come up with estimates for the millions of people killed by dictatorships -- "mortacracies" -- in the 20th century. These deaths are not from the battles of war. They are murders through executions and intentional mistreatment of unarmed civilians.

Check out the horrifying death totals:

MORTACRACIES

The Deka-Megamurderers ... 219.634 million

China (PRC) 1949-87 .... 76.702 million
U.S.S.R. 1917-87 ........ 61.911 million
Colonialism .............. 50.000 million
Germany 1933-45 ....... 20.946 million (including 5.291 million Jews)
China (KMT) 1928-49 ... 10.075 million

The Megamurderers .... 19.180 million

Japan 1936-45 ............ 5.964 million
China (Mao Soviets) 1923-48 ... 3.468 million
Cambodia 1975-79 ........ 2.035 million
Turkey 1909-18 ........... 1.883 million
Vietnam 1945-87 .......... 1.647 million
Poland 1945-48 ........... 1.585 million
Pakistan 1958-87 ......... 1.503 million
Yugoslavia (Tito) 1944-87 ... 1.072 million

Fatal regimes. Add the mega-massacres with the other genocides, purges and mass killings, and Rummel comes up with a 20th century death toll by abusive governments of 262 million.

He points out that of the bloody total, 20.9 million were murdered by the Nazis, and 148 million were killed by Communist regimes. Rummel says:

"The sheer massive ignorance and denial of the 262,000,000 people murdered by government is revealed by these facts: this total is over 6-times those killed in combat in all domestic and foreign wars (including WWI and WWII, and the Korean and Vietnam Wars) over the last century, and laid head-to-toe the corpses of all these murdered would circle the earth about 10-times."

Lethal legacy. It’s enough to make you push for the rapid end to all despotic regimes. The fact is, dictatorship is war. Dictatorships kill, and at their whim, totalitarian dictatorships can kill by the tens of millions.

Leaving tyrants alone is not pacifism. It is callous indifference to the suffering of others.

Frank Warner

Meanwhile, the 15 bloodiest wars:

1. World War II, 20 million dead (1937-45).
2. World War I, 8.5 million dead (1914-18).
3. Korean War, 1.2 million dead (1950-53).
4. Chinese civil war, 1.2 million dead (1945-49).
5. Vietnam War, 1.2 million dead (1965-73).
6. Iran-Iraq War, 850,000 dead (1980-88).
7. Russian civil war, 800,000 dead (1918-21).
8. Chinese civil war, 400,000 dead (1927-39).
9. French Indochina war, 385,000 dead (1945-54).
10. Mexican Revolution, 200,000 dead (1911-20).
11. Spanish Civil War, 200,000 dead (1936-39).
12. French Algeria war, 160,000 dead (1954-62).
13. Afghanistan war, 150,000 dead (1980-89).
14. Russo-Japanese war, 130,000 dead (1904-05).
15. Riffian war (Morocco), 100,000 dead (1921-26).
15. First Sudanese Civil War, 100,000 dead (1956-72).
15. Russo-Polish War, 100,000 dead (1919-20).
15. Biafran War, 100,000 dead (1967-70).

Total 20th century war death toll: 35 million to 40 million.

However, notice that not a single one of your arguments has even begun to dismantle ANY of the arguments made in the OP (in other words, you can talk about crime all you want, even if you're theories about crime are correct, because they have NO effect on the argument being made in the OP).

Last edited:

according to the argument you cited in the OP:

"it doesn’t matter if you trust or don’t trust any particular soldier. You have a right to refuse any soldier entry to your house, for any reason."

does this not apply to the above scenario? :eusa_eh:

"it doesn’t matter if you trust or don’t trust any particular soldier. You have a right to refuse any soldier entry to your house, for any reason."

It's a cheap --- no wait --- EXTREMELY CHEAP attempt at an end around...

It's asinine, and I won't even give it a response...

It is beneath me!!!

Why don't you read a high school level textbook to discover this answer? Either you are woefully ignorant of both Constitution and US History, or conceding defeat. In either case, you are unqualified to continue arguing against this thread.

no, because they have a warrant, and no because they aren't be quartered (living long term) in the home. Retard.

so... How long do they have to stay before it is considered quartering?

why don't you read a high school level textbook to discover this answer? Either you are woefully ignorant of both constitution and us history, or conceding defeat. In either case, you are unqualified to continue arguing against this thread.

lmao!!!!

It still wouldn't matter, because the the number one cause of violent death is:

DEMOCIDE

Source of this statistic?

It's sad that you would even challenge that assertion, keep in mind this is violent death only, perhaps you thought I meant all causes of death?

Dictatorships’ death toll: 262 million murdered in the 20th century -- and not by war

R.J. Rummel at the Democratic Peace blog has been keeping track of the damage dictatatorships do, and the indispensability of democracy to building a lasting peace.

Rummel has come up with estimates for the millions of people killed by dictatorships -- "mortacracies" -- in the 20th century. These deaths are not from the battles of war. They are murders through executions and intentional mistreatment of unarmed civilians.

Check out the horrifying death totals:

MORTACRACIES

The Deka-Megamurderers ... 219.634 million

China (PRC) 1949-87 .... 76.702 million
U.S.S.R. 1917-87 ........ 61.911 million
Colonialism .............. 50.000 million
Germany 1933-45 ....... 20.946 million (including 5.291 million Jews)
China (KMT) 1928-49 ... 10.075 million

The Megamurderers .... 19.180 million

Japan 1936-45 ............ 5.964 million
China (Mao Soviets) 1923-48 ... 3.468 million
Cambodia 1975-79 ........ 2.035 million
Turkey 1909-18 ........... 1.883 million
Vietnam 1945-87 .......... 1.647 million
Poland 1945-48 ........... 1.585 million
Pakistan 1958-87 ......... 1.503 million
Yugoslavia (Tito) 1944-87 ... 1.072 million

Fatal regimes. Add the mega-massacres with the other genocides, purges and mass killings, and Rummel comes up with a 20th century death toll by abusive governments of 262 million.

He points out that of the bloody total, 20.9 million were murdered by the Nazis, and 148 million were killed by Communist regimes. Rummel says:

"The sheer massive ignorance and denial of the 262,000,000 people murdered by government is revealed by these facts: this total is over 6-times those killed in combat in all domestic and foreign wars (including WWI and WWII, and the Korean and Vietnam Wars) over the last century, and laid head-to-toe the corpses of all these murdered would circle the earth about 10-times."

Lethal legacy. It’s enough to make you push for the rapid end to all despotic regimes. The fact is, dictatorship is war. Dictatorships kill, and at their whim, totalitarian dictatorships can kill by the tens of millions.

Leaving tyrants alone is not pacifism. It is callous indifference to the suffering of others.

Frank Warner

Meanwhile, the 15 bloodiest wars:

1. World War II, 20 million dead (1937-45).
2. World War I, 8.5 million dead (1914-18).
3. Korean War, 1.2 million dead (1950-53).
4. Chinese civil war, 1.2 million dead (1945-49).
5. Vietnam War, 1.2 million dead (1965-73).
6. Iran-Iraq War, 850,000 dead (1980-88).
7. Russian civil war, 800,000 dead (1918-21).
8. Chinese civil war, 400,000 dead (1927-39).
9. French Indochina war, 385,000 dead (1945-54).
10. Mexican Revolution, 200,000 dead (1911-20).
11. Spanish Civil War, 200,000 dead (1936-39).
12. French Algeria war, 160,000 dead (1954-62).
13. Afghanistan war, 150,000 dead (1980-89).
14. Russo-Japanese war, 130,000 dead (1904-05).
15. Riffian war (Morocco), 100,000 dead (1921-26).
15. First Sudanese Civil War, 100,000 dead (1956-72).
15. Russo-Polish War, 100,000 dead (1919-20).
15. Biafran War, 100,000 dead (1967-70).

Total 20th century war death toll: 35 million to 40 million.

OHHHHHHHH... In the 20th Century? I thought you meant throughout all time

It is beneath me!!!

it isn't an end-around. We are testing the conclusion that you came to in your OP, by examining it against real-world scenarios. The real end-around was your parsing the definition of quartering in a manner that was inconsistent with what you had already stated in your OP.

Why don't you read a high school level textbook to discover this answer? Either you are woefully ignorant of both Constitution and US History, or conceding defeat. In either case, you are unqualified to continue arguing against this thread.

Right. Because textbooks tell how the Third Amendment was about gun control. Oh wait, that is only ever done in advertisements for hybrid carbines, and in the regurgitations of the addled morons who believe things that they read in advertisements :rolleyes:

It is beneath me!!!

it isn't an end-around. We are testing the conclusion that you came to in your OP, by examining it against real-world scenarios. The real end-around was your parsing the definition of quartering in a manner that was inconsistent with what you had already stated in your OP.

You are full of crap... It isn't even MY op. ...and I never said a word about quartering...

bringing up "quartering" as if it relates to the issue is asinine...

It is nothing more than an attempt at an end around.

The REAL issue deals with the definition of "bearing arms". At issue with morons on the left in the 2nd, clarified and qualified CLEARLY in the 3rd...

It is beneath me!!!

You are full of crap... It isn't even MY op. ...and I never said a word about quartering...

bringing up "quartering" as if it relates to the issue is asinine...

It is nothing more than an attempt at an end around.

The REAL issue deals with the definition of "bearing arms". At issue with morons on the left in the 2nd, clarified and qualified CLEARLY in the 3rd...

If you think that quartering isn't related to the Third Amendment, there is a bigger problem with reading comprehension that I had realized. And you wonder why your arguments are so interchangeable that y'all are readily confused as one for another :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back