The taxes and spending connection

Ummmmm...no.

Trump and the Republican Congress set about doubling the deficit long before Covid.

I know, because I kept starting topics about it, and the pseudocons who whined about Obama's spending were dead silent. These hypocrites could not bring themselves to criticize Trump's insane spending.

I even had a lot of fun posting their past whining about Obama's spending when they tried to defend Trump's.

So...nice try.

Just under a year before the pandemic:

Trump Proposes a Record $4.75 Trillion Budget

Hypocrites. I'm sick of 'em.
LOL. Of course you started many topics on it because you are anti-Republican and anti-Trump.

OK. So it's no secret that both parties suck at being fiscally responsible. The best combination for that is a Democratic president with a Republican Congress refusing to let the president spend any money. No other combination works.
Perhaps you should compare how the deficit grew under Trump and how it has grew under Biden thus far.

When democrats are in power the deficit goes up because taxes largely stay the same as spending increases. This is fiscally irresponsible but it pales in comparison to when republicans are in power.

When republicans are in power the deficit blows up because taxes are reduced and spending goes up at the same time. It’s a complete calamity and Republican voters do not see the connection for some bizarre reason.

Republicans complain an awful lot about taxes but don’t seem to understand that it pays for government spending. If rich people and corporations are taking advantage of loopholes that allows them to effectively little to nothing in taxes, that’s of course a problem. Those entities paying taxes is the only way to pay for our defense budget which is the spending republicans get hard ons over.
The problem is not that taxes are too low. The problem is always that spending is too high.

Fuck government spending. It is always bloated and tremendously unnecessary most of the time.

There are few necessary things that government should be doing; defense, courts, police etc. Fuck welfare, grants, bailouts, entitlements, subsidies and all those worthless government agencies that don't do jackshit except spend money.

LOL. Of course you started many topics on it because you are anti-Republican and anti-Trump.
I am anti-debt, dipshit.

The Federal debt is the single greatest threat to our national security and the future of our Republic. Not abortion, not gays, not guns.

Since Trump was a record spender, and added $8 trillion to the debt in half the time it took Obama, it is in keeping with my principles that I am opposed to him. So suck on that.

The people who whined about Obama's spending were DEAD SILENT about Trump's spending.

Your problem should be with the hypocrites, not me. But you are nothing but a partisan hack like the rest of them.

The problem is not that taxes are too low. The problem is always that spending is too high.

Fuck government spending. It is always bloated and tremendously unnecessary most of the time.

There are few necessary things that government should be doing; defense, courts, police etc. Fuck welfare, grants, bailouts, entitlements, subsidies and all those worthless government agencies that don't do jackshit except spend money.
You do know that defense is where most of the spending comes from right?

Dems Plan - Tax and spend, tax more and spend more, tax even more and spend even more without end.
Like I've been saying for years.

Democrats - Tax and spend
Republicans- Borrow and spend

Make sure you tell the WHOLE truth in the future. Otherwise you are lying by omission.

Perhaps you should compare how the deficit grew under Trump and how it has grew under Biden thus far.
Again, under Trump we were fighting Covid with huge stimulus money, after which the economy collapsed for a while, which automatically cut Biden's spending, which cut the deficit. Talk about cherry picking. Now you're just relaying the false Democratic narratives.

Again, under Trump we were fighting Covid with huge stimulus money, after which the economy collapsed for a while, which automatically cut Biden's spending, which cut the deficit. Talk about cherry picking. Now you're just relaying the false Democratic narratives.
I really just think you’re making shit up as you go along. I mean for one thing, defense spending per year costs more than the stimulus did.

I really just think you’re making shit up as you go along. I mean for one thing, defense spending per year costs more than the stimulus did.
LOL. So, we didn't have a democratic endorsed Covid stimulus package under Trump? And we didn't have an economic downturn when Biden came into office, which slowed down government spending? Is that what you're trying to claim?

It's a constitutional duty of our leaders to protect this country. It's not a constitutional duty of them to hand out money.
I mean, I’m not sure what you mean by “hand outs”. I’m sure you’re probably talking about welfare, but the principle really isn’t anything different as far as you benefiting from a government service. You drive on highways that are maintained by the government. Infrastructure in general is something you rely on. You let snowplows do their thing in the winter. You call the police and other emergency services when you need to. All those programs are funded by tax payers as are welfare.

LOL. So, we didn't have a democratic endorsed Covid stimulus package under Trump? And we didn't have an economic downturn when Biden came into office, which slowed down government spending? Is that what you're trying to claim?
Um no I did not say there was not a bipartisan stimulus package. It’s just in addition to a lot of other spending. Not sure what you mean by economic downturn with Biden. 9 million jobs have been created under Biden in total.

I don’t get why you can’t just be an adult and be objective. It’s okay to admit Trump foolishly exploded the deficit. You can still like him afterwards if you want.

I mean, I’m not sure what you mean by “hand outs”. I’m sure you’re probably talking about welfare, but the principle really isn’t anything different as far as you benefiting from a government service. You drive on highways that are maintained by the government. Infrastructure in general is something you rely on. You let snowplows do their thing in the winter. You call the police and other emergency services when you need to. All those programs are funded by tax payers as are welfare.

You’re still doing the Highways and police thingy! Sad but hilarious!

You’re still doing the Highways and police thingy! Sad but hilarious!
Are they not something people use? I mean I can rattle off more if you want. Rattle off on more services to remind you of what you already use I guess lol. Public schools. Parks and recreation. Sanitation. National security. The court system. Should I go on?

Are they not something people use? I mean I can rattle off more if you want. Rattle off on more services to remind you of what you already use I guess lol. Public schools. Parks and recreation. Sanitation. National security. The court system. Should I go on?
Sure. Go on so I can laugh at you some more.

Um no I did not say there was not a bipartisan stimulus package. It’s just in addition to a lot of other spending. Not sure what you mean by economic downturn with Biden. 9 million jobs have been created under Biden in total.

I don’t get why you can’t just be an adult and be objective. It’s okay to admit Trump foolishly exploded the deficit. You can still like him afterwards if you want.
I get it. You don't like Trump. You try to claim democrats are also bad at the deficits and then you only single out Trump and the Republicans. The stimuluses happened under Trump and they were signed off on by Democrats. The country was locked down for a while, sending the economy into a tailspin with lots of unemployment. Then Biden came in just as the country came out of lockdowns and we got the jobs back that had been lost during the pandemic. I don’t get why you can’t just be an adult and be objective. It’s okay to admit BOTH parties foolishly exploded the deficit and always do. You act like Republicans are responsible for all of our 30 trillion dollars in debt. If it wasn't for Manchin and Sinema, Democrats would have tacked on another 10 trillion onto our debt.

Forum List

Back