The taxes and spending connection

Fucking of course we should spend less money. I never said we shouldn’t. I’m just not going to delude this fantasy of yours that tax cuts pay for themselves.
I never said that tax cuts always pay for themselves. However, the latest Trump tax cuts brought in more tax revenue.

When democrats are in power the deficit goes up because taxes largely stay the same as spending increases. This is fiscally irresponsible but it pales in comparison to when republicans are in power.

When republicans are in power the deficit blows up because taxes are reduced and spending goes up at the same time. It’s a complete calamity and Republican voters do not see the connection for some bizarre reason.

Republicans complain an awful lot about taxes but don’t seem to understand that it pays for government spending. If rich people and corporations are taking advantage of loopholes that allows them to effectively little to nothing in taxes, that’s of course a problem. Those entities paying taxes is the only way to pay for our defense budget which is the spending republicans get hard ons over.

Another baseless "this is why Republicans are bad" post. Don't you ever post something that isn't just a opinion post about "arrgghhh Republicans bad"? It's never based on imperial evidence, it's just highly contextualization of a fictional scenario or idea.

This is an instance of "well it sounds good to me". The only part you got right is that taxes pay for government spending. Everything else you said is like .3% of the whole picture.

And when the current administration is sending billions to Ukraine, leaving behind millions of dollars of equipment in Afghanistan, 3.5 trillion on a infrastructure plan that is being carried in a leaky bucket and hasn't actually done anything, and so on.

As shown here, even Obama's economic advisor is against his wasteful spending.

But the real problem is Biden is printing trillions of dollars, backed by absolutely nothing. When you do that the value of the dollar goes down, the lower it goes the more they have to tax because each dollar is worth less.

The current administration has raised the interest rates a 2nd time in as many months because they weakened the dollar so much they have to raise rates so people buy less.

Then what happens?

The treasurer says we need to spend even more money. Printing and spending more money will fight inflation. Those are the 2 things that got us in this mess.

So does any of that sound fiscally responsible to you?

I don't know why I asked, you'll either ignore me or whip up some half baked comment about how Republicans are all to blame that doesn't actually have any unbiased thought in it.

Another baseless "this is why Republicans are bad" post. Don't you ever post something that isn't just a opinion post about "arrgghhh Republicans bad"? It's never based on imperial evidence, it's just highly contextualization of a fictional scenario or idea.

This is an instance of "well it sounds good to me". The only part you got right is that taxes pay for government spending. Everything else you said is like .3% of the whole picture.

And when the current administration is sending billions to Ukraine, leaving behind millions of dollars of equipment in Afghanistan, 3.5 trillion on a infrastructure plan that is being carried in a leaky bucket and hasn't actually done anything, and so on.

As shown here, even Obama's economic advisor is against his wasteful spending.

But the real problem is Biden is printing trillions of dollars, backed by absolutely nothing. When you do that the value of the dollar goes down, the lower it goes the more they have to tax because each dollar is worth less.

The current administration has raised the interest rates a 2nd time in as many months because they weakened the dollar so much they have to raise rates so people buy less.

Then what happens?

The treasurer says we need to spend even more money. Printing and spending more money will fight inflation. Those are the 2 things that got us in this mess.

So does any of that sound fiscally responsible to you?

I don't know why I asked, you'll either ignore me or whip up some half baked comment about how Republicans are all to blame that doesn't actually have any unbiased thought in it.

Okay this post is incredibly stupid. I made it clear that democrats in office do not spend responsibly. You’re just being a child pretending I did not say this. It’s even worse that you don’t even acknowledge republican policies in addition to democrat ones. Either way, one of the reasons why money is printed is to replace old currency in poor quality in circulation. It may cause inflation, but that is why it is done. That is the only purpose. More importantly, the fucking president is NOT the one who makes the decision to do that.

Last edited:
When democrats are in power the deficit goes up because taxes largely stay the same as spending increases. This is fiscally irresponsible but it pales in comparison to when republicans are in power.

When republicans are in power the deficit blows up because taxes are reduced and spending goes up at the same time. It’s a complete calamity and Republican voters do not see the connection for some bizarre reason.

Republicans complain an awful lot about taxes but don’t seem to understand that it pays for government spending. If rich people and corporations are taking advantage of loopholes that allows them to effectively little to nothing in taxes, that’s of course a problem. Those entities paying taxes is the only way to pay for our defense budget which is the spending republicans get hard ons over.
Oh, it's much worse than that.

When Democrats are spending like drunken sailors in a whorehouse, the Right whines and screams and gnashes their teeth into nubs. They cry "Marxists!" and let loose the dogs of war.

But then...when Republicans are spending like drunken sailors in a whorehouse, and setting new records of defiits and spending, the Right suddenly goes deathly quiet. You can hear a pin drop!

Then when the Democrats are back in power, the Right Rage Hustlers are right back in business.

Hypocrites. I'm sick of 'em.

Oh, it's much worse than that.

When Democrats are spending like drunken sailors in a whorehouse, the Right whines and screams and gnashes their teeth into nubs. They cry "Marxists!" and let loose the dogs of war.

But then...when Republicans are spending like drunken sailors in a whorehouse, and setting new records of defiits and spending, the Right suddenly goes deathly quiet. You can hear a pin drop!

Then when the Democrats are back in power, the Right Rage Hustlers are right back in business.

This just proves that the policies themselves that democrats come up with are not what makes republicans whine. It’s simply that democrats came up with them so the immediate reaction is to whine about them regardless of what they actually are.

That's because we spent more money and a lot of it had to do with the pandemic, which democrats signed off on.
It’s so goddamn pitiful how you desperately try to absolve Trump of any responsibility. Your ilk LOVES to talk about “personal responsibility” but you cherry pick when to apply the concept. Trump spending and tax cut policies speak for themselves. Trying to pin it all on democrats is a waste of your time.

It’s so goddamn pitiful how you desperately try to absolve Trump of any responsibility. Your ilk LOVES to talk about “personal responsibility” but you cherry pick when to apply the concept. Trump spending and tax cut policies speak for themselves. Trying to pin it all on democrats is a waste of your time.
Wowa. I never did any of that. In fact, it was YOU who were trying to pin everything on Trump and the Republicans.

Not at all, it's just that when you only single out Trump, more needs to be said because we don't live in an autocracy. Our system of making laws, passing taxes and spending money comes from three different entities, not just the President of the United States. A simple majority does not give you ultimate power in our system. Republicans are in the minority, and they stopped several agendas by the Democrats. When Republicans are in a simple majority, Democrats are able to stop their agendas. That's how it was designed to work.

That's because we spent more money and a lot of it had to do with the pandemic, which democrats signed off on.
Ummmmm...no.

Trump and the Republican Congress set about doubling the deficit long before Covid.

I know, because I kept starting topics about it, and the pseudocons who whined about Obama's spending were dead silent. These hypocrites could not bring themselves to criticize Trump's insane spending.

I even had a lot of fun posting their past whining about Obama's spending when they tried to defend Trump's.

So...nice try.

Just under a year before the pandemic:

Trump Proposes a Record $4.75 Trillion Budget​

Not at all, it's just that when you only single out Trump, more needs to be said because we don't live in an autocracy. Our system of making laws, passing taxes and spending money comes from three different entities, not just the President of the United States. A simple majority does not give you ultimate power in our system. Republicans are in the minority, and they stopped several agendas by the Democrats. When Republicans are in a simple majority, Democrats are able to stop their agendas. That's how it was designed to work.
You guys keep saying I’m ignoring democrats’ role in this but it’s bullshit. Read the OP.

Both are irresponsible for our debt and its continuous climb.

Historically, the US does better with debt when we have a Democrat as President and a Congress that is Republican.

Uhh no you’re lying. I clearly discussed democrats in my OP.
OK. So it's no secret that both parties suck at being fiscally responsible. The best combination for that is a Democratic president with a Republican Congress refusing to let the president spend any money. No other combination works.

Forum List

Back