THE “TAKE CARE CLAUSE” …A Reason to Impeach?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
THE “TAKE CARE CLAUSE” …A Reason to Impeach?

[The President] shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed....

Article II, Section 3

The Take Care Clause (also known as the Faithful Execution Clause) is best read as a duty that qualifies the President's executive power. By virtue of his executive power, the President may execute the lawful and control the lawful execution of others. Under the Take Care Clause, however, the President must exercise his law-execution power to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed."

Through my travels on the internet, I came across this nugget of wisdom and was amused when I thought of Obama and his passion for ignoring laws and/or changing them to suit his own agenda.

In the past, our president has taken parts of the ACA and changed them by whim by changing dates of sign ups, delaying them again and again. These dates were written into law and had to be changed by congress, not by the wielding of a pen or a comment from the Wise One in the Oval Office.

The president plans to change the standing immigration laws, giving illegals visas and green cards and not deporting them as mandated in current law. Is that “faithful execution of existing law?” Does this rise to the level of High Crimes and Misdemeanors? Did you know it takes a simple majority in the House to impeach? What are your thoughts on

[The President] shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed....?

It takes a simple majority in the House to impeach and 2/3 of the Senate to remove Obama from office.

Another interesting note. We saw how those Democrats who were fighting for their jobs were distancing themselves from Obama this election. Well, there are 11 up for election in 2016 and the first question will be, did you vote for impeachment...and they will be on the record.

Republicans will need 12 Democrats (most likely) to get the 2/3. Manchin will round out the 12. (Of course Harry Reid is one of l of the 11. Will he do it?,lol)

Forum List

Back