"The swing state polls are horrific" a prominent Repubican said.

She got 3 million more vote than him <shrug>...

And yet ...

View attachment 335363

Apparently only legal votes count.

Not my point. The polls stated that Hillary would win. She got the popular vote. Not saying polls are perfect, but they were on the money. It's not like Trump smashed her like Raygun did Mondale.
As an aside, look at McConnell's face in the background of your pic. It's a "WTF just happened!" look.
Yet if you go by county she won only a very small potion of the whole country.

Buh-bye Humpty Trumpty. Love the last sentence in the snippet (my bold)..

With the coronavirus death toll surpassing 80,000 and the unemployment rate at Great Depression-era levels, there is a growing consensus among senior Republicans that Donald Trump’s reelection is slipping away. Recent internal polls show Trump trailing Joe Biden in six swing states, a data point that augurs a landslide loss in November. “The swing state polls are horrific,” a prominent Republican briefed on the numbers told me. The White House’s COVID-19 outbreak is only the latest headline that reinforces the narrative that Trump can’t get control of the pandemic. “This is what should worry the campaign: Biden is in his basement and he’s beating Trump,” a former West Wing staffer told me. “If I were Biden, the lesson I would learn is: Shut the fuck up and let Trump go out there and destroy himself.”

You should caution your joy/disdain over polling information. That much 2016 taught us.

Buh-bye Humpty Trumpty. Love the last sentence in the snippet (my bold)..

With the coronavirus death toll surpassing 80,000 and the unemployment rate at Great Depression-era levels, there is a growing consensus among senior Republicans that Donald Trump’s reelection is slipping away. Recent internal polls show Trump trailing Joe Biden in six swing states, a data point that augurs a landslide loss in November. “The swing state polls are horrific,” a prominent Republican briefed on the numbers told me. The White House’s COVID-19 outbreak is only the latest headline that reinforces the narrative that Trump can’t get control of the pandemic. “This is what should worry the campaign: Biden is in his basement and he’s beating Trump,” a former West Wing staffer told me. “If I were Biden, the lesson I would learn is: Shut the fuck up and let Trump go out there and destroy himself.”

You should caution your joy/disdain over polling information. That much 2016 taught us.
Holt shites! One of them learned! :aargh:

That is an idiotic argument. I expect better from you.
I'm only talking in relation to the polls. The polls were saying she was going to win. I don't think polls delve deep into each county in each state. Therefore the polls were correct. What they didn't seem to take into account was the idiosyncrasies of the EC
EC polls were too...her blue wall....how did that turn out?

And yet ...

View attachment 335363

Apparently only legal votes count.

Not my point. The polls stated that Hillary would win. She got the popular vote. Not saying polls are perfect, but they were on the money. It's not like Trump smashed her like Raygun did Mondale.
As an aside, look at McConnell's face in the background of your pic. It's a "WTF just happened!" look.
Yet if you go by county she won only a very small potion of the whole country.

Which is exactly what is wrong with polls. They only sample urban centers or they disproportionately over-sample them.

Hillary's people did the same thing. They told her it was OK to refer to non-coasters as "flyover states" and rural voters as "deplorables". They told her she could ignore the country outside of liberal enclaves where she wouldn't be challenged.

The trouble is ... if you win California by a single vote or 20 million votes ... it's still only 55 electoral votes.

No one will ever be President again by ignoring middle-America.

That is an idiotic argument. I expect better from you.
I'm only talking in relation to the polls. The polls were saying she was going to win. I don't think polls delve deep into each county in each state. Therefore the polls were correct. What they didn't seem to take into account was the idiosyncrasies of the EC

There is some truth to that as far as it goes.

Did the polls say HRC was going to win WI, MI, and PA? The only 3 states that really matter in 2020? The DEMS need to flip at least 2 I believe.

donald_trump_swearing_in_ceremony-jpg.335363

And yet ...

View attachment 335363
He's got his prayer face on, like when he's pretending to believe someone else is god.

Forum List

Back