The swatting whodunit

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
I'm going to ask you all not to be utterly stupid (which will be difficult to impossible for some) by serving up conspiracy level trash. This is a real event, there is a real perpetrator, and while speculation is one thing, inventing your own garbage is entirely another.

Obviously there's been a rash of swatting politicians in the past week or so. The trends has overwhelmingly been against Republicans. So far the only Democrats that I'm aware of as being targeted is Michelle Wu of Boston, and Shenna Bellows of Maine. These pranks are, of course, dangerous, criminal, and otherwise entirely obscene. For all our modern day caller ID technology and NSA masturbating to Americans' sexting messages, we can't seem to identify the culprit(s) so far.

The first inclination would be to suspect that these calls are being made by some impotent idiot leftist wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt. That was my first assumption when I heard about the first episode on Marjorie Taylor Greene. But the scenario has really developed into something different. I am now starting to seriously suspect that the swatting may be a nasty right wing ploy. Not for nothing, mind you. Here's the fundamental basis for my suspicion.

Facts that we know.
  • The targets are overwhelmingly Republican politicians or less prominent figures admired by the right
  • The targets are spread across the country
  • The targets have been both federal and state level elected officials
  • The incidents have all been happening very rapidly and within a short time period
  • The locations have all been private residences not readily known to the general public

Based on these facts, there are some reasonable likelihoods that can be drawn.
  • The swatting attacks are highly coordinated/organized
  • The coordinated attacks are clearly attacking Republicans specifically
  • Knowing home addresses would require either being local members of the general public, or have priveleged access the targets' info
  • The local populations of elected officials inherently favor those officials (who they elected)
  • Organized coordination weights against the chance of locals across the country being the bad actors

Karl Rove spread rumors during the 2000 primary that John McCain had an interracial love child, which tanked his steamrolling campaign and propelled GWB to the nomination. In 2007 the same state's Presidential primary saw fake Christmas cards pretending to be from Mitt Romney went out to Republican voters, making a point to claim that God was a polygamist. Dirty tricks abound in the Republican party.

Swatting is being done by internal corrupted bored Deep State employees. They have access and time on hand. They know even if caught, nothing will happen to them at this time. They are a member of the protected grouping.

Swatting is being done by internal corrupted bored Deep State employees. They have access and time on hand. They know even if caught, nothing will happen to them at this time. They are a member of the protected grouping.
However, we must remember. When the time comes it cannot be "forget about what happened time". These people have causes real pain for others for their agendas.

I think my mistake was asking people not to be utterly stupid.
Your mistakes:

1/Starting a thread in bad faith which barely meets the TCG.

2/Posing black/white alternatives.

3/Starting yet ANOTHER thread on this topic rather than contributing to one of the many existing.

4/Trolling your own thread.

I'm going to ask you all not to be utterly stupid (which will be difficult to impossible for some) by serving up conspiracy level trash. This is a real event, there is a real perpetrator, and while speculation is one thing, inventing your own garbage is entirely another.

Obviously there's been a rash of swatting politicians in the past week or so. The trends has overwhelmingly been against Republicans. So far the only Democrats that I'm aware of as being targeted is Michelle Wu of Boston, and Shenna Bellows of Maine. These pranks are, of course, dangerous, criminal, and otherwise entirely obscene. For all our modern day caller ID technology and NSA masturbating to Americans' sexting messages, we can't seem to identify the culprit(s) so far.

The first inclination would be to suspect that these calls are being made by some impotent idiot leftist wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt. That was my first assumption when I heard about the first episode on Marjorie Taylor Greene. But the scenario has really developed into something different. I am now starting to seriously suspect that the swatting may be a nasty right wing ploy. Not for nothing, mind you. Here's the fundamental basis for my suspicion.

Facts that we know.
  • The targets are overwhelmingly Republican politicians or less prominent figures admired by the right
  • The targets are spread across the country
  • The targets have been both federal and state level elected officials
  • The incidents have all been happening very rapidly and within a short time period
  • The locations have all been private residences not readily known to the general public

Based on these facts, there are some reasonable likelihoods that can be drawn.
  • The swatting attacks are highly coordinated/organized
  • The coordinated attacks are clearly attacking Republicans specifically
  • Knowing home addresses would require either being local members of the general public, or have priveleged access the targets' info
  • The local populations of elected officials inherently favor those officials (who they elected)
  • Organized coordination weights against the chance of locals across the country being the bad actors

Karl Rove spread rumors during the 2000 primary that John McCain had an interracial love child, which tanked his steamrolling campaign and propelled GWB to the nomination. In 2007 the same state's Presidential primary saw fake Christmas cards pretending to be from Mitt Romney went out to Republican voters, making a point to claim that God was a polygamist. Dirty tricks abound in the Republican party.

I would say that that isnt an indicator. Knowing where someone lives that is. Leftists protested outside McConnell house, a lefty drive across country to get to kavanaughs house, and some guy was able to get up to and inside Nancy pelosi house.

So, apparently, it’s not hard to locate a politicians house.

Your mistaking was being utterly stupid in your OP while asking others not to be. I highly doubt there is anything organized or planned in this couple of idiots do it then it starts trending online and others do it. It’s the 2023 version of monkey see monkey do.

I would say that that isnt an indicator. Knowing where someone lives that is. Leftists protested outside McConnell house, a lefty drive across country to get to kavanaughs house, and some guy was able to get up to and inside Nancy pelosi house.

So, apparently, it’s not hard to locate a politicians house.

All of those examples rely entirely on local knowledge of the area. The loon outside Kavanaugh's house followed the local group who was protesting daily. The protesters at McConnell's house were themselves locals to the area, and Paul Pelosi's attacker (David DePape) is a long time San Fran local.

All of those examples rely entirely on local knowledge of the area. The loon outside Kavanaugh's house followed the local group who was protesting daily. The protesters at McConnell's house were themselves locals to the area, and Paul Pelosi's attacker (David DePape) is a long time San Fran local.
You provided no OP link, so can you now provide evidence that these incidents are being locally generated as you claim?

Swatting often originates from other states.

Swatting often originates from other states.

Which contributes to my hypothesis. It's extremely unlikely that some random person in California is going to be able to find the address of the Attorney General of Ohio.

Yeah, but still, apparently not hard to find out where they live. I think the premise of this thread is a bit of a stretch.

Forum List

Back