The swatting whodunit

Yeah, but still, apparently not hard to find out where they live. I think the premise of this thread is a bit of a stretch.

The premise is that finding out requires local knowledge. You're entirely ignoring the premise so that you can criticize it.

Swatting is being done by internal corrupted bored Deep State employees. They have access and time on hand. They know even if caught, nothing will happen to them at this time. They are a member of the protected grouping.

You post like the perfect cultist.
Are you proud to have surrendered your brain to a cult for the leaders power and financial gain?

The premise is that finding out requires local knowledge. You're entirely ignoring the premise so that you can criticize it.
If local people know where they live that doesn’t mean the people showing up there are local. Some of them could be, it also doesn’t mean that the people there are from that community.

If the right knows where they live, the left also knows.

If local people know where they live that doesn’t mean the people showing up there are local. Some of them could be, it also doesn’t mean that the people there are from that community.

You're engaging a converse accident fallacy. Yes, locals in MTG's home town can probably find her house if they put in enough effort. Yes, locals in Dave Yost's Ohio home town can probably find his house if they put in enough effort. But that does not mean that any person anywhere in the country is going to be able to easily find both of their houses, much less the houses of all the other individuals who have recently been swatted.

If the right knows where they live, the left also knows.

First of all, there is no monolithic "left" or "right" who share communal knowledge. Second, the pertinent detail is personal and professional access.

You're engaging a converse accident fallacy. Yes, locals in MTG's home town can probably find her house if they put in enough effort. Yes, locals in Dave Yost's Ohio home town can probably find his house if they put in enough effort. But that does not mean that any person anywhere in the country is going to be able to easily find both of their houses, much less the houses of all the other individuals who have recently been swatted.

First of all, there is no monolithic "left" or "right" who share communal knowledge. Second, the pertinent detail is personal and professional access.

Ok, let’s just cut to the chase, if people on the right know where they live, then so do people on the left, just because someone knew where they live doesn’t mean they were from the local community, it also means they could have easily been from the left.

First of all, there is no monolithic "left" or "right" who share communal knowledge.

I’m not sure where you are going with this. There is a left and a right, both of them could be privy to the location of a congressmen’s home.

Second, the pertinent detail is personal and professional access.

what are you talking about? What access. It’s simple, unless you are suggesting that only right wingers have knowledge of where these people live.

Ok, let’s just cut to the chase, if people on the right know where they live, then so do people on the left, just because someone knew where they live doesn’t mean they were from the local community, it also means they could have easily been from the left.

I’m not sure where you are going with this. There is a left and a right, both of them could be privy to the location of a congressmen’s home.

what are you talking about? What access. It’s simple, unless you are suggesting that only right wingers have knowledge of where these people live.

Death wish reaction.

skull-and-crossbones.png

I'm going to ask you all not to be utterly stupid (which will be difficult to impossible for some) by serving up conspiracy level trash. This is a real event, there is a real perpetrator, and while speculation is one thing, inventing your own garbage is entirely another.

Obviously there's been a rash of swatting politicians in the past week or so. The trends has overwhelmingly been against Republicans. So far the only Democrats that I'm aware of as being targeted is Michelle Wu of Boston, and Shenna Bellows of Maine. These pranks are, of course, dangerous, criminal, and otherwise entirely obscene. For all our modern day caller ID technology and NSA masturbating to Americans' sexting messages, we can't seem to identify the culprit(s) so far.

The first inclination would be to suspect that these calls are being made by some impotent idiot leftist wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt. That was my first assumption when I heard about the first episode on Marjorie Taylor Greene. But the scenario has really developed into something different. I am now starting to seriously suspect that the swatting may be a nasty right wing ploy. Not for nothing, mind you. Here's the fundamental basis for my suspicion.

Facts that we know.
  • The targets are overwhelmingly Republican politicians or less prominent figures admired by the right
  • The targets are spread across the country
  • The targets have been both federal and state level elected officials
  • The incidents have all been happening very rapidly and within a short time period
  • The locations have all been private residences not readily known to the general public

Based on these facts, there are some reasonable likelihoods that can be drawn.
  • The swatting attacks are highly coordinated/organized
  • The coordinated attacks are clearly attacking Republicans specifically
  • Knowing home addresses would require either being local members of the general public, or have priveleged access the targets' info
  • The local populations of elected officials inherently favor those officials (who they elected)
  • Organized coordination weights against the chance of locals across the country being the bad actors

Karl Rove spread rumors during the 2000 primary that John McCain had an interracial love child, which tanked his steamrolling campaign and propelled GWB to the nomination. In 2007 the same state's Presidential primary saw fake Christmas cards pretending to be from Mitt Romney went out to Republican voters, making a point to claim that God was a polygamist. Dirty tricks abound in the Republican party.

If you own property and I know your name, I could have the address and much more in a matter of minutes, just using public records.

Swatting is being done by internal corrupted bored Deep State employees. They have access and time on hand. They know even if caught, nothing will happen to them at this time. They are a member of the protected grouping.

Yup ^^^

Three letter words agencies.

If you own property and I know your name, I could have the address and much more in a matter of minutes, just using public records.

All right, let's see it. Grab the list of all the people who got swatted, and tell us there addresses. If it's really so easily accessible by anyone who wants it, then there's no possible harm in you doing it.

All right, let's see it. Grab the list of all the people who got swatted, and tell us there addresses. If it's really so easily accessible by anyone who wants it, then there's no possible harm in you doing it.

Pick one. And I'll check it out after I get back from dinner.

It’s easier than that. You don’t think democrats live in those areas too? I mean, it wouldn’t be hard for a democrat to call in the event..

Have they found the person who did it?

Which contributes to my hypothesis. It's extremely unlikely that some random person in California is going to be able to find the address of the Attorney General of Ohio.
You provided no OP link, so can you now provide evidence that these incidents are being locally generated as you claim?

Doxxing has mainly been a DNC thing. They have done it many times. Hell politicians like Makine Waters have openly called for supporters to attack Republicans.

Id say this is a coordinated group of leftist doing most and the issue in Maine and Colorado were locals who got pissed when they tried to remove Trump.

All 911 calls reporting a crime in-progress should have to give their name and location so a cop car can pick them up prior to swatting someone.

All false alarms should be prosecuted.

Forum List

Back