The Shroud of Trayvon

Ilar -

Congratulations on having completely missed the point raised by several posters.

The point being that while many posters here talk a lot about why white people should carry guns in order to avoid becoming the victims of crime, many of those posters fall silent when the victim of a crime is black.

The question is fairly simple - why do many posters want to see whites armed, and blacks not armed?

We get your point. You hate blacks.

Trayvon Martin was not of legal age to carry a gun. Why do you support criminal activity which the numbers already posted in this thread from the CDC show gets young black teens killed?

All I can figure is that you just hate blacks in general, black teens in particular, and you want them to be killed by gun violence. We read you loud and clear.

Ilar -

Congratulations on having completely missed the point raised by several posters.

The point being that while many posters here talk a lot about why white people should carry guns in order to avoid becoming the victims of crime, many of those posters fall silent when the victim of a crime is black.

The question is fairly simple - why do many posters want to see whites armed, and blacks not armed?

I did not miss any "point."

I ignored a cheap-ass effort to make this discussion into a race issue about guns.

The "blacks should carry guns" line of defective "reasoning" [sic] is laughable and transparent, you race pimp.

Ilar -

I did not miss any "point."

I ignored a cheap-ass effort to make this discussion into a race issue about guns.

The "blacks should carry guns" line of defective "reasoning" [sic] is laughable and transparent, you race pimp.

A behavior that makes them more likely to die of gun violence. Teens just don't have the judgment to be carrying guns.

Perhaps he is the illegal arms salesman in his country just trying to drum up business. He brags about how much he travels. That must be it.

Ilar -

Anyone that can legally carry a gun after being checked out by existing back ground checks should be able and should carry a gun. I don't care if your black, white, red, yellow, but leave to a liberal to bring race into it.

Ilar -

Several of us have answered your question. You just choose to ignore it because its not the answer you want to hear.

The faux question is fairly simple minded and quite dishonestly based.

I see very FEW members of this political message Board (if any) who express any desire to see whites armed but not blacks.

In fact, I think you just made that shit up. But, there might be a racist or two out there whom I never noticed.

How "many" have you allegedly noticed?

Who are they?

Link us up.

But I suspect you will not do so. For obvious reasons.

The fact remains - all young African-American men in the US should carry guns at all times, and be prepared to use them.

Everyone should carry guns at all times and be prepared to use them, against whoever the assailant might be, even if it's a child.

A behavior that makes them more likely to die of gun violence.

This behaviour makes ALL American gun owners more likely to die of gun violence.

This being my point.

AHH I get it-----you want whites to be banned from having guns so blacks don't have to bother arming themselves.

No....that isn't it either.

But Sunshine is absolutely right - we KNOW that guns in the hands of teenagers increases the risk of those same teenagers dying of gun-related injuries. It's a statistical fact.

It is also a statistical fact that homes that contain guns are more likely to suffer fromgun-related homicides, suicides and gun accidents.

So why not implement laws that take those factors in account?

I'm not saying guns should be banned - I'm saying that gun laws should take public safety into consideration.

This behaviour makes ALL American gun owners more likely to die of gun violence.

This being my point.

AHH I get it-----you want whites to be banned from having guns so blacks don't have to bother arming themselves.

But Sunshine is absolutely right - we KNOW that guns in the hands of teenagers increases the risk of those same teenagers dying of gun-related injuries. It's a statistical fact.

It is also a statistical fact that homes that contain guns are more likely to suffer fromgun-related homicides, suicides and gun accidents.

I'm not saying guns should be banned - I'm saying that gun laws should take public safety into consideration.

So you're full of shit and this has nothing to do with race at all.
gotcha

This being my point.

Its also a statisitcal fact that blacks commit violent crimes at higher rates than anyone else.

Should we ban them too?

this has nothing to do with race at all.
gotcha

Race is an issue for those people who believe all (white) people should carry guns - but aren't comfortable with the idea of black people being armed.

Because this case, like that of OJ Simpson, was so racially charged from Day One - it highlited a lot of those attitudes, especially those of the NRA.

For the rest of the population, then race is not an issue, no.

Forum List

Back