The shooting of Philando Castile

That was cold blooded murder. He had no reason to unload like that.

The US justice system is stacked against citizens.

A jury said otherwise.
True. But a jury also said that OJ Simpson was "innocent" when we all know - beyond a reason of a shadow of doubt - that he wasn't. A jury also said that Casey Anthony was "innocent" when we all know - beyond a reason of a shadow of doubt - that he wasn't. The list goes on and on. Juries are about as reliable as North Korean news television.

I'm sorry! Were you present for all of those murders? If not, how can you say for sure?

In both of those cases, the prosecution failed to prove their case within a reasonable doubt.

So he couldn't stick the gun out the window? Are you serious? What magically induced fucked-up world do you live in?

As to the other officer, you would still be dead!
Yeah, stupid. If the shooter is left-handed, it is literally impossible. If he is right-handed, he's forced to turn 180 degrees in the driver seat with the steering wheel in his lap. It's damn near impossible. Which is why law enforcement is trained to approach from that position. Up tight against the vehicle from the rear. They don't swing wide and approach at a 90 degree angle because it would give the driver a clear shot to fire.

I can shoot with both hands. Can't you?

Look at the video where he was standing.

In both of those cases, the prosecution failed to prove their case within a reasonable doubt.
Which is all that happened with this officer. Which makes your point that this shooting was somehow "acceptable" due to a jury finding him "innocent", idiotic.

I am sorry, but that is how our system of justice works.

What color is the sky on your planet? How is it living in a fascist country where laws mean nothing?

Were you present for all of those murders? If not, how can you say for sure.
How can I say for sure? Because OJ's DNA was found all over the crime scene and he just happened to have a cut on his hand the night that his wife and her friend were brutally stabbed to death.

(It's widely known in law enforcement that a murder will ALWAYS cut himself during a stabbing. The blood of the victim causes everything to become very slick - which causes the unsub's hand to slip down the knife and across the blood - cutting himself).

This ain't rocket science, snowflake. :lmao:

So he couldn't stick the gun out the window? Are you serious? What magically induced fucked-up world do you live in?

As to the other officer, you would still be dead!
Yeah, stupid. If the shooter is left-handed, it is literally impossible. If he is right-handed, he's forced to turn 180 degrees in the driver seat with the steering wheel in his lap. It's damn near impossible. Which is why law enforcement is trained to approach from that position. Up tight against the vehicle from the rear. They don't swing wide and approach at a 90 degree angle because it would give the driver a clear shot to fire.

I can shoot with both hands. Can't you?

Look at the video where he was standing.
It was murder.

Which is all that happened with this officer. Which makes your point that this shooting was somehow "acceptable" due to a jury finding him "innocent", idiotic.

I am sorry, but that is how our system of justice works.
I didn't argue with that. I argued with your idiotic point that this wasn't murder simply because a jury didn't say it was. A jury found him innocent. He gets to walk. That's how the system works. Doesn't mean it wasn't a cold-blooded murder. It just means the prosecution didn't do a good job proving their case (just as you said about the OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony trials).

Your ignorance is defined by your use of the word "clip".
A magazine is something you read, dillhole. Don't try to battle with me on this one - you'll lose.

OK, I am going to do what I should have done a long time ago. You are too stupid to be a patriot. Goodbye you self-absorbed, arrogant piece of crap!

May you never suffer the pain you seem to wish to inflict on others with your lack of logic and blatant ignorance.

Were you present for all of those murders? If not, how can you say for sure.
How can I say for sure? Because OJ's DNA was found all over the crime scene and he just happened to have a cut on his hand the night that his wife and her friend were brutally stabbed to death.

(It's widely known in law enforcement that a murder will ALWAYS cut himself during a stabbing. The blood of the victim causes everything to become very slick - which causes the unsub's hand to slip down the knife and across the blood - cutting himself).

This ain't rocket science, snowflake. :lmao:
Evidence Collection
From the beginning, there were issues involving evidence collection. An important bloody fingerprint located on the gateway at Nicole Brown’s house was not properly collected and entered into the chain of custody when it was first located. Although it was documented in his notes by Detective Mark Fuhrman, one of the first to arrive on the scene, no further action was taken to secure it.

The detectives who took over Fuhrman’s shift apparently were never aware of the print and eventually it was lost or destroyed without ever being collected. Other items of evidence were also never logged or entered into the chain of custody, which gave the impression that sloppy forensic collection had been carried out at the scene.

The prosecution had expert witnesses who testified that the evidence was often mishandled. Photos were taken of critical evidence without scales in them to aid in measurement taking. Items were photographed without being labeled and logged, making it difficult, if not impossible, to link the photos to any specific area of the scene. Separate pieces of evidence were bagged together instead of separately, causing cross-contamination. Wet items were also packaged before allowing them to dry, causing critical changes in evidence. Police even used a blanket which came from inside the house to cover Nicole Brown’s body, contaminating the body and anything surrounding it. Beyond poor evidence collection techniques, sloppy maneuvering at the scene caused more bloody shoe prints to be left behind by LAPD than by the perpetrator.

Securing the Evidence
Throughout the investigation, there were issues with how evidence was secured. There was about 1.5 mL of O.J. Simpson’s blood assumed missing from a vial of evidence. The LAPD could not counter the idea of “lost blood” because there was no documentation of how much reference blood was taken from Simpson as evidence. The person who drew the blood could only guess he had taken 8 mL; only 6 mL could be accounted for by the LAPD.

To add to the problem, the blood was not immediately turned over as evidence but was carried around for several hours before it was entered into the chain of custody, allowing for speculation of when and how the 1.5 mL of blood may have disappeared.

The security of LAPD storage and labs was also brought under scrutiny when it was discovered that some pieces of evidence had been accessed and altered by unauthorized personnel. Simpson’s Bronco was entered at least twice by unauthorized personnel while in the impound yard; Nicole Simpson’s mother’s glasses had a lens go missing while it was in the LAPD facility.

A Question of Planted Evidence
Not only were there many claims that the evidence was mishandled in the police lab but there were also claims that evidence was planted at the crime scene. Because the police department did not have proper collection documents regarding Simpson’s blood, it was argued that the police planted Simpson’s missing blood on critical evidence and in critical areas of the murder scene.
The defense team stated that EDTA was found in the samples of blood that were collected at the crime scene. EDTA is a blood fixer (anticoagulant) used in labs and mixed with collected blood. If evidence with Simpson’s blood showed traces of EDTA, the defense claimed, then that blood had to have come from the lab, which meant that it was planted.

However, EDTA is also a chemical found naturally in human blood and chemicals such as paint. At the time, tests were not readily available to differentiate between natural and contaminant EDTA or the differences in the level of EDTA in blood. Some believe that the positive EDTA results may have been due to contamination of the equipment used to run the tests.

A Question of Character
Detective Fuhrman was discredited by the prosecution when he was alleged to be a racist and accused of planting evidence. When asked if he had falsified police reports or planted evidence in the Simpson case, he invoked his 5th Amendment rights against self-incrimination. Fuhrman was accused of planting critical evidence, contaminating it with Simpson’s blood, and falsifying police records. In Fuhrman’s book, he stated that at one point he was even accused of killing Nicole Brown and Robert Goldman himself. This put anything he touched in the investigation under scrutiny.

The Officer saw something going on right in front of him.

Video of Philando Castile shooting released - CNN Video
So what was he "Pulling Out?????

Trust the Cop in this case. Glad the Cop did not get killed. Win-Win.

Girlfriend is "piece of work", cannot be trusted on anything. Baby should be taken away. Video is out showing drinking, driving, dope-smoking with baby in back seat. Were they drunk and doped in this case too? I am not working hard enough to find out. I know a guy with 52 traffic violations should maybe make some changes?

Girlfriend is "piece of work", cannot be trusted on anything. Baby should be taken away. Video is out showing drinking, driving, dope-smoking with baby in back seat. Were they drunk and doped in this case too? I am not working hard enough to find out. I know a guy with 52 traffic violations should maybe make some changes?
Meh. The guy was reaching for his wallet-drives license!!!!! So you get shot 4-6 times???? What was the other cop doing on the passenger side???

This is one I just don't understand. Here are two indisputable facts that the video shows:
  • The victim (Philando Castile) calmly and openly admits to having a firearm on him
  • The officer yells multiple times not to reach for the firearm and is genuinely scared/panicked
As far as I can tell, this is a case of a law enforcement officer being too afraid/twitchy to be on the job. He has another officer there with him - I just don't understand why he felt the need to unloaded like he did. But - I also don't think he was some cowboy looking for a gunfight. His actions and his voice scream fear.

Watch: Horrific dash cam footage shows fatal shooting of Philando Castile

It's really hard to say in this case. It does seem strange for a person to tell an officer they have a legal firearm, then reach for that firearm to shoot at the officer. You also hear Castile say that he isn't reaching for it before the officer fires, and his girlfriend also saying he wasn't reaching for it. On the other hand, if he was reaching for something, right after telling the officer you have a gun is a terrible time to do that, and if he continued reaching for something after the officer started yelling at him, that was also a terrible thing to do.

We just can't see enough to know.

I agree with your assessment that the officer doesn't seem to be looking for an excuse to shoot, but seems honestly to have reacted in fear for his life.

Meh. The guy was reaching for his wallet-drives license!!!!! So you get shot 4-6 times???? What was the other cop doing on the passenger side???

Watching the crazed single parent girlfriend? I was not there.

What do you want the Cop at the driver door to do? Run away? Getting shot in the back?

Last edited:
This is one I just don't understand. Here are two indisputable facts that the video shows:
  • The victim (Philando Castile) calmly and openly admits to having a firearm on him
  • The officer yells multiple times not to reach for the firearm and is genuinely scared/panicked
As far as I can tell, this is a case of a law enforcement officer being too afraid/twitchy to be on the job. He has another officer there with him - I just don't understand why he felt the need to unloaded like he did. But - I also don't think he was some cowboy looking for a gunfight. His actions and his voice scream fear.

Yeah, the driver did everything they tell you to do if you have a CC permit. Except for one thing.

In every CC class I have ever taken, they tell you that if you are pulled over, inform the cop immediately if you are armed. And that is what the driver did.

But they also tell you to keep your hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel until the cop tells you what to do next.

And now you know why.

The guy reached for his wallet instead. And that's when everything went to shit in a flash.

I'm not saying it is the driver's fault the cop blasted him seven times, but he did make one mistake which caused an idiot cop to panic.

You can be sure a lot of people with CCs are going to decide not to tell a cop they are armed because of this.

Last edited:

Of course he sounded scared because he was scared. Of what, well...we all know why but will never admit it.
Ohhh was the BLACK cop scared of the BLACK idiot who got shot? LMAO doubtful snowflake.
Hey why are these thugs so sad:
officerfuneral.jpg
The driver was not a thug. Asshole.

The dashcam video shows Castile’s car pulling over and coming to a complete stop. Yanez exits his vehicle and approaches the driver’s side of Castile’s car. He tells Castile, who is calm and wearing a seat belt, that his brake light is out, before asking for his license and insurance. Castile reaches for his paperwork and properly informs Yanez that he has a weapon.

Watching the crazed single parent girlfriend.

What do you want the Cop at the driver door to do? Run away? Getting shot in the back?
The cop on the passenger side could have reached across the seat to see what was happening but was probably afraid of getting shot by his trigger happy partner!!! Philando was ordered by the cop to get his wallet-drivers license.

Castile: Sir, I have to tell you I do have a . . .

Yanez: OK.

Castile: . . . firearm on me.

Yanez: OK

Castile: I —

Yanez: Don’t reach for it then.

Castile: I’m, I, I was reaching for . . .

Yanez: Don’t pull it out.

Castile: I’m not pulling it out.

Reynolds: He’s not.

Yanez: Don’t pull it out!!

Yanez then fired seven shots into the car. Five struck Castile.

Reynolds: You just killed my boyfriend.

Castile: I wasn’t reaching …

Reynolds: He wasn’t reaching.

Yanez: Don’t pull it out!

Reynolds: He wasn’t.

Yanez: Don’t move!

Yanez then starts to scream profanities, which are censored in the file released to the public, and yelling “Code 3!” over and over. What’s crazy is that all of this happened in 40 seconds. Yanez was allowed to be the judge, jury and executioner of Castile in 40 seconds, pulling the trigger in front of Reynolds and Castile’s 5-year-old daughter

Forum List

Back