The shooting of Philando Castile

This is one I just don't understand. Here are two indisputable facts that the video shows:
  • The victim (Philando Castile) calmly and openly admits to having a firearm on him
  • The officer yells multiple times not to reach for the firearm and is genuinely scared/panicked
As far as I can tell, this is a case of a law enforcement officer being too afraid/twitchy to be on the job. He has another officer there with him - I just don't understand why he felt the need to unloaded like he did. But - I also don't think he was some cowboy looking for a gunfight. His actions and his voice scream fear.

Watch: Horrific dash cam footage shows fatal shooting of Philando Castile

Of course he sounded scared because he was scared. Of what, well...we all know why but will never admit it.
Ohhh was the BLACK cop scared of the BLACK idiot who got shot? LMAO doubtful snowflake.
Hey why are these thugs so sad:
officerfuneral.jpg
The driver was not a thug. Asshole.
Cops are the THUGS!!!!

This is one I just don't understand. Here are two indisputable facts that the video shows:
  • The victim (Philando Castile) calmly and openly admits to having a firearm on him
  • The officer yells multiple times not to reach for the firearm and is genuinely scared/panicked
As far as I can tell, this is a case of a law enforcement officer being too afraid/twitchy to be on the job. He has another officer there with him - I just don't understand why he felt the need to unloaded like he did. But - I also don't think he was some cowboy looking for a gunfight. His actions and his voice scream fear.

Yeah, the driver did everything they tell you to do if you have a CC permit. Except for one thing.

In every CC class I have ever taken, they tell you that if you are pulled over, inform the cop immediately if you are armed. And that is what the driver did.

But they also tell you to keep your hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel until the cop tells you what to do next.

And now you know why.

The guy reached for his wallet instead. And that's when everything went to shit in a flash.

I'm not saying it is the driver's fault the cop blasted him seven times, but he did make one mistake which caused an idiot cop to panic.

You can be sure a lot of people with CCs are going to decide not to tell a cop they are armed because of this.
In an effort to explain his cowardly act, Yanez offered the same type of response that continues to work for cops after they kill.

“I thought I was gonna die,” Yanez stated during his trial. “And I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five-year-old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me. And, I let off the rounds and then after the rounds were off, the little girls was screaming.”

Yanez continues to demonize Castile even after he killed him. He is allowed to continue to control the narrative, making himself look like a hero for saving a little girl from the smell of marijuana by shooting her father.

So, when people try to tell me, “Hey D.! All cops aren’t bad. There’s plenty of good ones out there.” I’ll simply ask where are they now, and why aren’t they speaking out against Yanez’s acquittal?

When they go out to find those good cops that we never hear from in the aftermath of the unjust killings of civilians, they can also look for the anti-racist NRA. Castile was a licensed gun owner and yet the national organization has been conspicuously silent on the Yanez verdict.

I would not advise not telling a cop if you are armed.

In my state, as soon as they run your driver's license on their computer, the system tells them you have a concealed carry permit. I was not armed at the time I was pulled over, and so I did not say anything. But when the cop came back, he asked if I was armed because he saw my CC come up on his computer. He was very edgy because of it. I kept my hands at 10 and 2 and moved very slowly when directed.

Be careful out there, folks.

Yeah, the driver did everything they tell you to do if you have a CC permit. Except for one thing.

In every CC class I have ever taken, they tell you that if you are pulled over, inform the cop immediately if you are armed. And that is what the driver did.

But they also tell you to keep your hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel until the cop tells you what to do next.

And now you know why.

The guy reached for his wallet instead. And that's when everything went to shit in a flash.

I'm not saying it is the driver's fault the cop blasted him seven times, but he did make one mistake which caused an idiot cop to panic.

You can be sure a lot of people with CCs are going to decide not to tell a cop they are armed because of this.
In an effort to explain his cowardly act, Yanez offered the same type of response that continues to work for cops after they kill.

“I thought I was gonna die,”
That's the same thing they teach you you in a concealed carry class. "Make sure you kill the intruder so he can't tell his side of the story, and always say you feared for your life."

I would not advise not telling a cop if you are armed.

In my state, as soon as they run your driver's license on their computer, the system tells them you have a concealed carry permit. I was not armed at the time I was pulled over, and so I did not say anything. But when the cop came back, he asked if I was armed because he saw my CC come up on his computer. He was very edgy because of it. I kept my hands at 10 and 2 and moved very slowly when directed.

Be careful out there, folks.
In MN that information doesn't come up. More people carry now and the police do need to adjust tactics. Castille should not have been carrying while under the influence also.
Tough call for jury and was almost hung. Judge made them continue.
I agree that keep hands on wheel and when asked say I have a CC, not just I have a firearm. Follow instructions to the letter.
City cops should get same training dealing with armed citizens as MNDNR who deal with armed hunters daily, some of which are at times in violation.

Because the first thing you learn in CC is don't reach for anything.
I understand that MM. I've been through my fair share of CC training as well. But you know the first thing you learn in law enforcement? Don't panic and unload an entire clip of your firearm into a citizen.

The officer was not alone. He had another officer on the passenger side of the automobile. The officer could have stepped back towards the rear of the vehicle where turning and firing by the driver would have been virtually impossible until he determined what exactly the driver was doing.

He also could have tased the driver.

Again...I don't think this was an incident of a law enforcement "cowboy" just itching to get into a gun fight. I think this guy was genuinely scared. It was clear in his voice from before the shooting through after the shooting. But I think that was the problem here - I think this guy was far too scared to be in law enforcement. It's not a job for everybody. You need people with nerves of steel. If you're shaking pulling over an automobile in broad daylight with another officer present - then law enforcement is not for you.
Yes he had a partner. That's all good when the bullets get flying but be honest. The backup is there to take the guy down after he shoots you.

My point stands. As a CC holder you have a more pronounced duty to not be reaching around for anything. Especially after you announced you're armed.

Keep your hands out, let the cop secure the gun.

That cop is guilty. Sad thing is he will be back on the job when its clear he dont have the chops for it. Until they start making cops pay like normal folks we will continue to have Philando Castile type shootings and BLM type assholes making an issue of it.

I understand that MM. I've been through my fair share of CC training as well. But you know the first thing you learn in law enforcement? Don't panic and unload an entire clip of your firearm into a citizen.

The officer was not alone. He had another officer on the passenger side of the automobile. The officer could have stepped back towards the rear of the vehicle where turning and firing by the driver would have been virtually impossible until he determined what exactly the driver was doing.

Again...I don't think this was an incident of a law enforcement "cowboy" just itching to get into a gun fight. I think this guy was genuinely scared. It was clear in his voice from before the shooting through after the shooting. But I think that was the problem here - I think this guy was far too scared to be in law enforcement. It's not a job for everybody. You need people with nerves of steel. If you're shaking pulling over an automobile in broad daylight with another officer present - then law enforcement is not for you.
Yes he had a partner. That's all good when the bullets get flying but be honest. The backup is there to take the guy down after he shoots you.

My point stands. As a CC holder you have a more pronounced duty to not be reaching around for anything. Especially after you announced you're armed.

As a cop you have a duity to not shit your self and shoot a guy because you are scared of black people. Had you shot a person under the same circumstances you would be sitting in prison right now.

As a cop you have a duity to not shit your self and shoot a guy because you are scared of black people. Had you shot a person under the same circumstances you would be sitting in prison right now.
So you're saying black people ares scary. Never mind he had a gun. He's black. That's awefully racist of you.

He reached for his back AFTER cop told him 3 times NOT to reach for anything. Clean shoot.
Great Funeral.
GetStory21.jpg
Yeah, look at that sassy blonde...
She worked under cover as a stripper.
She'd be tearing up after I got through with her also..
You are So Much Worse than Trump

That's the same thing they teach you you in a concealed carry class. "Make sure you kill the intruder so he can't tell his side of the story, and always say you feared for your life."
Geezus....what in the hell conceal carry class did you take? :uhh:

Your instructor should not have been a instructor. Any good instructor would tell you bare minimum force necessary to neutralize the threat. Then immediately call 911 and administer any first aid necessary. If you kill your attacker - you're absolutely going on trial (unless there was a Castle Doctrine and it applied in the situation).

So you're saying black people ares scary. Never mind he had a gun. He's black. That's awefully racist of you.

Put it like this, you go to work after hearing that other people doing your job have pretty much been shot every week by pissed off black people. So during your work day you are confronted with a black guy who says he has a gun and a permit for said gun. This is why the little cop was shitting him self. He had zero just cause to shoot that man in front of his child. That cop has ZERO right to touch me, you or anyone for that matter. No cause was given for the cop to shoot that guy. You are arguing toe politics of it. If it were your Son i doubt highly you would say it was just the cop doing his job and the boy should have listened.

Forum List

Back