The sh^t is soon going to hit the fan... economic holocaust for small businesses just ahead.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
The small business PPP funds saved 100,000's of small businesses including ours.
The month of May we saw a 70% decline in revenue, you can't survive that. June was better, but still a 40% decline.
July will be at least 30%. And we are doing better than MOST.
Our PPP $$$ to pay wages ends in 3 weeks. And speaking to many folks, that is pretty close to when most others are going to exhaust the funds.
Congress went on vacation with a big Fuck you we're outta here... so whether there will be any additional funds is a question.
One key problem is Trump and the houses are concentrating on more windfall money to individuals, which like the first, wasn't needed and DID NOT HELP small businesses. Instead of giving people who don't even need the money the funds, provide add'l PPP to pay wages. But that doesn't secure votes. So that will not happen.

Get ready for the fall

The small business PPP funds saved 100,000's of small businesses including ours.
The month of May we saw a 70% decline in revenue, you can't survive that. June was better, but still a 40% decline.
Our PPP $$$ to pay wages ends in 3 weeks. And speaking to many folks, that is pretty close to when most others are going to exhaust the funds.
Congress went on vacation with a big Fuck you we're outta here... so whether there will be any additional funds is a question.
One key problem is Trump and the houses are concentrating on more windfall money to individuals, which like the first, wasn't needed and DID NOT HELP small businesses. Instead of giving people who don't even need the money the funds, provide add'l PPP to pay wages. But that doesn't secure votes. So that will not happen.

Get ready for the fall
Just send me 10k and the fix is in for Trump. Many corporations got loans they really didn't need and the loans were suppose to be for small business.

At least we have the fed gov to make our lives better
Since "govt shutting down your business capitalism" doesnt work.
All hail the government!
Agreed, but the mess is here. And it is real. So saying that doesn't do anything to solve the mess that was created.
We cannot afford another huge windfall checks to individuals, most of which don;t need it....and spent it on items that are made overseas. So it did absolutely nothing.
PPP funds is the only answer until we are able to undo the mess.

Get ready for the fall
Why do you believe giving individuals money to provide demand for goods and service is unnecessary?

I say what's a few bazillion dollars more amongst friends and family?
Let's just give everyone a 1200 mo stipend- our kids, kids, kids, kids, kids, kids, kids can worry about it- the fed reserve's kids (and the Empty Suit brigades in the Districts of Criminals across the Country) will be in another country living off of our taxes anyway-

Get ready for the fall
Being a former small business owner, I can't imagine the stress of having to close, re-open briefly and then close again. I thought there was going to be relief for businesses in terms of deferred rents etc. Did that not happen?

We cannot afford another huge windfall checks to individuals, most of which don;t need it....and spent it on items that are made overseas. So it did absolutely nothing.

Agreed... I have not even spent the first windfall monies... In fact all I have done in the last 4.5 months is put money in a Mason Fruit jar and bury it under a fence post... Rainy day money and women... :biggrin:

Being a former small business owner, I can't imagine the stress of having to close, re-open briefly and then close again.

I was just thinking the same thing... I had a little small Mom & Pop grocery and diner on the out skirts of BFE and hell between the Government bureaucracies and the employee theft and people driving 11 miles one-way to save .50cents on a gallon of Milk and complaining about a bottomless .50 cent cup of joe... Damn I am getting irritated just thinking about it again...

One key problem is Trump and the houses are concentrating on more windfall money to individuals, which like the first, wasn't needed and DID NOT HELP small businesses.
It certainly helped me out. Although I wasn't eligible for any stimulus check, I had several tenets who suddenly couldn't pay their rent because they were suddenly forced out of work via an order by the Governor. And I likely still wouldn't have got paid if they didn't get a check. Even with the stimulus checks some of them are behind.

One key problem is Trump and the houses are concentrating on more windfall money to individuals, which like the first, wasn't needed and DID NOT HELP small businesses.
It certainly helped me out. Although I wasn't eligible for any stimulus check, I had several tenets who suddenly couldn't pay their rent because they were suddenly forced out of work via an order by the Governor. And I likely still wouldn't have got paid if they didn't get a check. Even with the stimulus checks some of them are behind.
Some people needed it, many-many did not.
Everyone that is still employed didn't need it.
Everyone that is on disability and or social security didn't need it
Everyone who was already unemployed got the $600 bonus - they didn't need it
Everyone who is upper middle class and higher didn't need it

We still have ours. I just banked it.

That's not true. Many people had their hours cut drastically.

That's not true. Many people on partial disability and social security lost their jobs and suddenly couldn't pay their bills.

That's not true. Not everybody who is unemployed is eligible for unemployment benefits. And many who do collect unemployment insurance checks suddenly couldn't pay their bills, even with the extra $600/month.

That's not true. Many of those people live paycheck to paycheck too. And suddenly they couldn't pay their bills.

Good for you. Many people needed it just to pay their bills.

You seem to viewing the issue from an extremely self-centered perspective, IMO.

That's not true. Many people on partial disability and social security lost their jobs and suddenly couldn't pay their bills.

That's not true. Not everybody who is unemployed is eligible for unemployment benefits. And many who do collect unemployment insurance checks suddenly couldn't pay their bills, even with the extra $600/month.

That's not true. Many of those people live paycheck to paycheck too. And suddenly they couldn't pay their bills.

Bullshit.
If you are upper middle class or higher and you live paycheck to paycheck - that is YOUR fault.
No one should bail out someone who spends more than they make, no one who lives in a 3000 sq. ft home, drives 2 late model cars... goes on great vacations...none of which they can really afford - that is their problem.
In fact - anyone who makes livable wages and outspends their income shouldn't get jack shit.

Bullshit.
If you are upper middle class or higher and you live paycheck to paycheck - that is YOUR fault.
No one should bail out someone who spends more than they make, no one who lives in a 3000 sq. ft home, drives 2 late model cars... goes on great vacations...none of which they can really afford - that is their problem.
In fact - anyone who makes livable wages and outspends their income shouldn't get jack shit.
The stimulus payments have nothing to do with what you or anyone else thinks people deserve, they are about saving the economy from total collapse.

The stimulus payments have nothing to do with what you or anyone else thinks people deserve, they are about saving the economy from total collapse.
LOL
Get a load of this one folks....
:lol:
I just looked up what is considered upper-middle class and upper class and the consensus seems to be six figures or more. We were not eligible, so that's one less thing you have to bitch about.

But my other points still stand.

LOL
Get a load of this one folks....
:lol:
I just looked up what is considered upper-middle class and upper class and the consensus seems to be six figures or more. We were not eligible, so that's one less thing you have to bitch about.

But my other points still stand.
It is based on each individuals income.
I am also six figures, but we got the full amount.
But whatever.... if a person outspends their income they don't deserve anything

And I see today that the Democrats, with Schumer leading the way, are only interested in buying votes with a $350Bn your tax money giveaway to "black causes" - whatever the fuck that is.
To put in perspective how much money that is.... if there was 35,000 "black organizations" in this country - that would give them $10 million each!!! 35,000 organizations $10 million each.
There is no end to vote buying measures by Democrats.

Get ready for the fall
Just send me 10k and the fix is in for Trump. Many corporations got loans they really didn't need and the loans were suppose to be for small business.
Why ??
That is easy ??
You must be a big donor to either Cartel and they will help
That is how crooked USA works

Forum List

Back