The Senate is Lost!

The Senate should be modified,......it doesnt represent anything really in a rational manner.

The Roman Senate was officially advisory only...maybe we should go to that....

Franklin didnt want a Senate at all. ......Senators certainly dont represent the states they come from...they just represent special interests......

The first thing to do would be to outlaw all money from outside the state in Senate campaigns.

Wow! You could say that about the House also!

no, not really..... the house is clearly based on population within districts.

The rough correspondence of the house in Rome was the various committea......tho some of them could represent the whole citizen population of Rome. .....OUR house hasn't even kept up with the representative ratio that we had at our founding.

Franklin had no problem with the house I dont believe.

What has the vaunted Republican Congress done with their victory so far?

What they were asked to do.....nothing.

And people like it so much, they have strengthened the house for the GOP in terms of numbers and moved it farther to the right.

I don't like it, but that's what has happened.

All that celebrating by Republicans so they could do nothing?

They have a short two year window to control Congress after eight years and their master plan is....Lets do nothing?

What happened to those jobs programs, balanced budget, tax cuts, republican healthcare plan, immigration plan? Republicans had an opportunity to shape the agenda and they are satisfied with nothing?

Your president VETO'D or threatened to VETO all of them...:ahole-1:

Like what....repealing Obamacare ? (which I agree with doing)

However, the republicans, true to form, had not started conversations of any value on any key issues.

As an example:

I don't like Obamacare. I don't want the fed in healthcare.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE DON'T HAVE AN ISSUE. WE'VE HAD ONE FOR 20+YEARS AND THE GOP HAS BEEN UNWILLING TO EVEN STEP UP AND ADMIT IT.

Did Obamacare solve much ? Not a thing. We still have a HUGE issue.

The GOP would do well to admit that and offer up leadership that might include states instead of the federal government.

But no....the have to deal with KIM DAVIS and this kind of publicity.

The reason repeal Obamacare is not in the GOP script is they know most Americans now see its value. Their opposition will hurt them.

You missed the point of my post.

And you don't see them badmouthing it now.

What they don't have is a reasonable alternative.

Last poll I saw, more Americans don't like it than do.

The Senate should be modified,......it doesnt represent anything really in a rational manner.

Franklin didnt want a Senate at all. ......Senators certainly dont represent the states they come from...they just represent special interests......

The first thing to do would be to outlaw all money from outside the state in Senate campaigns.

Members of the House are no better.

Well, Dcraelin...r&d investment and some special interest are in our nations interest. Why should we never invest in our own country? Tell me this?

never said we shouldn't invest in our own country....just that Senators are supposedly there to represent the state...not some special interest outside of it.

Members of the House are no better.

members of the house are also bought off I think yes,.....but less Constitutional justification for limiting outside money.

and the districts sizes are at least supposed to be roughly based on the same standard.

The rough correspondence of the house in Rome was the various committea......tho some of them could represent the whole citizen population of Rome. .....OUR house hasn't even kept up with the representative ratio that we had at our founding.

Gerrymandering, from either the Dems or the Reps, must be stopped.

You don't gerrymander state wide races.

I know the far left can't stand that it is true.

House races....for sure.....gotta stop it.

You must be very slow. Take a look at a Congressional district map for thr House. It is nothing short of criminal.

You must be very slow. Take a look at a Congressional district map for thr House. It is nothing short of criminal.

I think I said it's gotta stop for house races....sorry you can't read.

well for statewide races for federal office you have the state itself as a gerrymander......why should RI = California in power???.....it doesnt make rational sense. The eastern seaboard states were drawn up in part based on religious differences that dont exist anymore...and shouldnt have mattered in the new country regardless. It needs to be reformed.

well for statewide races for federal office you have the state itself as a gerrymander......why should RI = California in power???.....it doesnt make rational sense. The eastern seaboard states were drawn up in part based on religious differences that dont exist anymore...and shouldnt have mattered in the new country regardless. It needs to be reformed.

Good luck changing that if that is what you are saying.

well I know it is a tough thing to change...people aren't aware of it really, dont give it much thought.....but If more knew and saw how ridiculous it is...perhaps there could be a push for change.

well I know it is a tough thing to change...people aren't aware of it really, dont give it much thought.....but If more knew and saw how ridiculous it is...perhaps there could be a push for change.

Why ??

What Cali does should not matter to R.I.

Each state is unique and has an opportunity to write it's own ticket.

Why ??

What Cali does should not matter to R.I.

Each state is unique and has an opportunity to write it's own ticket.

"write its own ticket" ?

it should matter as RI, and Del, and New Hampshire and Vermont have 4 times the power in the Senate as California yet probably together don't even have a fourth of its population or economic output.

I think that makes no rational sense no matter how you cut it.

later..............

Equal represenation in the Senate for each state compensates for the larger states' power in the House. Since our population is not homogenous, the senatorial representation recognizes and empowers the states' differences in geography and demography. Most appropriate.

Forum List

Back