Radical is not the path to victory.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
The pattern for politics has for a long time been well established. The candidates play to the more radical elements within their party, to secure the nomination, and then move towards the center to win the election. The Candidates moderate their positions.

That worked before the Internet. Now with every speech and comment available to anyone who feels like doing even a simple search, you just can’t pretend to be reasonable if you won the nomination being radical.

This simple truth was in my mind as I read this article on the path to victory that exists for both parties.

The article discusses the difficulties for both Republicans and Democrats. Let’s start with a view of the current situation.

IMG_0748.jpeg

There are essentially four battleground states. My own state of Georgia is one. That isn’t good news for us. We are liable to drown under ads where both parties tell us the other guys are pond scum.

Each side needs the same. Thirty Electoral votes to win in this scenario. That means Pennsylvania and Georgia become basically must win States. If you lose Pennsylvania you have to pick up Arizona and Wisconsin to make up the difference. If you lose Georgia and either Wisconsin or Arizona you are done.

There just isn’t any room for error. And it can’t be forgotten that those four states went for Biden in 2020. Speaking of my own state of Georgia, we split the ticket in 22. Kemp won the Governors Mansion, and Warnock won the Senate seat.

So what we can draw from that is the more moderate choice is going to be the one most likely to win Georgia. Georgia rejected the Trump endorsed Hershel Walker, and the radical Stacey Abrams.

And here we have the first problem. The Republicans are going deep into Radical territory to be competitive in the Primary. They won’t be able to walk that back. They won’t be able to pretend to be more moderate as the General Election approaches.

I just don’t see a high probability of Republicans winning with the Radical path they are on.

The pattern for politics has for a long time been well established. The candidates play to the more radical elements within their party, to secure the nomination, and then move towards the center to win the election. The Candidates moderate their positions.

That worked before the Internet. Now with every speech and comment available to anyone who feels like doing even a simple search, you just can’t pretend to be reasonable if you won the nomination being radical.

This simple truth was in my mind as I read this article on the path to victory that exists for both parties.

The article discusses the difficulties for both Republicans and Democrats. Let’s start with a view of the current situation.

View attachment 824922

There are essentially four battleground states. My own state of Georgia is one. That isn’t good news for us. We are liable to drown under ads where both parties tell us the other guys are pond scum.

Each side needs the same. Thirty Electoral votes to win in this scenario. That means Pennsylvania and Georgia become basically must win States. If you lose Pennsylvania you have to pick up Arizona and Wisconsin to make up the difference. If you lose Georgia and either Wisconsin or Arizona you are done.

There just isn’t any room for error. And it can’t be forgotten that those four states went for Biden in 2020. Speaking of my own state of Georgia, we split the ticket in 22. Kemp won the Governors Mansion, and Warnock won the Senate seat.

So what we can draw from that is the more moderate choice is going to be the one most likely to win Georgia. Georgia rejected the Trump endorsed Hershel Walker, and the radical Stacey Abrams.

And here we have the first problem. The Republicans are going deep into Radical territory to be competitive in the Primary. They won’t be able to walk that back. They won’t be able to pretend to be more moderate as the General Election approaches.

I just don’t see a high probability of Republicans winning with the Radical path they are on.
This is why gerrymandering is such an important part of the GOP strategy in the House. That being said, the left wing radicalism is not serving the Democrats particularly well either. There is a reason why every democrat who runs for President to dog catcher is pictured with Nancy Pelosi in GOP attack ads.

View attachment 824922

6 swing states.

Unless MObama runs as a Republican, the WH stays D, and the House flips D.

Senate likely goes R.

This is why gerrymandering is such an important part of the GOP strategy in the House. That being said, the left wing radicalism is not serving the Democrats particularly well either. There is a reason why every democrat who runs for President to dog catcher is pictured with Nancy Pelosi in GOP attack ads.
Democrats talking about Republican gerrymandering… :auiqs.jpg:

No doubt our current "system" incentivizes and rewards the worst impulses and behaviors of its participants, and this increasing radicalization and division will continue as long as we choose not to fix it. I guess fixing it currently just isn't that important to us.

It also looks like the Democrats are still, after all this time, underestimating the size and intensity of this. After all this time, list off the issues that are animating the Right to a progressive, and that progressive will summarily dismiss them and/or deny and/or ignore them.

Will that work going forward? I sure don't know. But I do know that this is much bigger and deeper than many on the Left understand. Still.

There is nothing radical about wanting secure borders, putting our country first, and not rushing headlong into nuclear war.

Actually. The way the Republicans are discussing the issue is Radical. Every candidate is proposing military action in Mexico. Regardless of how the Mexicans feel about it. From Drones bombing the Cartels to Special Operations the plans are more radical as they go on.

Morons on this site demand we use Machine guns and mines on unarmed men, women, and children.

It would be difficult propose any action that would be considered more radical.

We would become the evil empire of the 21st Century. And that is about as Radical of a position as you can get.

Actually. The way the Republicans are discussing the issue is Radical. Every candidate is proposing military action in Mexico. Regardless of how the Mexicans feel about it. From Drones bombing the Cartels to Special Operations the plans are more radical as they go on.

Morons on this site demand we use Machine guns and mines on unarmed men, women, and children.

We would become the evil empire of the 21st Century. And that is about as Radical of a position as you can get.
speaking of evil....how is the buydim famiily doing....HUnter still out of jail????

If voters reject radicals, Democrats will lose it all. This isn't the Democrat party that people used to depend on. These guys are Marxists.

That’s the problem. They really aren’t. Oh they are denounced as Marxist. But the problem is they have a lot of support because of issues.

As evidenced in Ohio, Wisconsin, and Kansas, the voters support the Democratic position in Abortion.

Heck. The cheerleaders of the Radical Republicans are doing advertisements to help Democrats.

So while your campaign is apparently based upon. They’re marxists. They will be running a populist campaign. How did that work out in 2020 again? I forgot.

Nonsense, not any different than going after terrorists. The only difference is action against the cartels could interrupt the human and drug trafficking which is why radical liberals oppose it.

View attachment 824922

Georgia will be going blue very soon.

Forum List

Back