The “Secret Story” of Russia and the Ukraine

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I don't know who the author of this is as s/he hides behind an obvious fake name. And, some of the parts are clearly anti-American such as blaming the USA for the Cold War. But, in general, this does include a lot of information we never learn in school or hear about in our media.

Preface: We believe that Soviet communism was an abomination. Stalin was certainly a tyrant: he killed countless political enemies or threw them into insane asylums. We also have littler tolerance for useful idiots who defend communism as a force for good. In short, we hate Soviet era communism.

And Putin also runs Russia like it’s his plaything, with little regard for the desires of his people.

But U.S. warmongers have also been hyping the Russian threat with self-serving lies – and committing atrocities and telling lies – for some 70 years. As an American, my concern is keeping America from destroying itself. And – unless we learn our history – we could get in a lot of trouble.

Set the tone for you? :eusa_whistle: Well, the rest of the article is @ The Secret Back Story to Russia and Ukraine that Americans Never Learned In School | Zero Hedge

And, after reading through the long, somewhat slanted piece, one comes to this link @ What Americans Don't Know About the Ukraine Crisis Washington's Blog

It DID have some valid and interesting links :eusa_angel:

I don't know who the author of this is as s/he hides behind an obvious fake name. And, some of the parts are clearly anti-American such as blaming the USA for the Cold War. But, in general, this does include a lot of information we never learn in school or hear about in our media.

Preface: We believe that Soviet communism was an abomination. Stalin was certainly a tyrant: he killed countless political enemies or threw them into insane asylums. We also have littler tolerance for useful idiots who defend communism as a force for good. In short, we hate Soviet era communism.

And Putin also runs Russia like it’s his plaything, with little regard for the desires of his people.

But U.S. warmongers have also been hyping the Russian threat with self-serving lies – and committing atrocities and telling lies – for some 70 years. As an American, my concern is keeping America from destroying itself. And – unless we learn our history – we could get in a lot of trouble.

Set the tone for you? :eusa_whistle: Well, the rest of the article is @ The Secret Back Story to Russia and Ukraine that Americans Never Learned In School | Zero Hedge

And, after reading through the long, somewhat slanted piece, one comes to this link @ What Americans Don't Know About the Ukraine Crisis Washington's Blog

It DID have some valid and interesting links :eusa_angel:

It's true, a lot of what she's saying.

I grew up under President Reagan, and I still revere him as one of America's greatest presidents ever.

But he did build up the military-industrial complex exponentially during the (first) Cold War's final throes — a lot of it by using anti-Soviet propaganda to goad the American public into being so terrified of the Soviets that we felt we had to build up the American war machine to be ready for Red aggression at a second's notice.

I'm not sure we could have broken them any other way than we did via Reagan's philosophy. I know I can't imagine Jimmy Carter's, Walter Mondale's, Gary Hart's, Jesse Jackson's or Michael Dukakis's philosophies toward the Reds as contributing—or leading—factors to the crushing of their empire.

Still, the simple fact is that Soviet Russia has always been our best friend.

I'm just not sure they feel the same way toward us today.

They have a right to be angry. We have, after all, given them Kim Kardashian and Miley Cyrus in the past 25 years.

China is blaming the West for toppling the democratically elected Ukrainian government which caused the crisis.

---

The toppling of the legitimate Ukrainian authorities by Maidan protesters is the main cause of the Ukrainian crisis, Chinese Deputy Foreign Minister Cheng Guoping told Russian reporters in Beijing on Tuesday.
Read more: China blames toppling of legitimate gov't for Ukrainian crisis - News - World - The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video

What you see out of Russia today is the insane people running the looney farm there. Only the braindead and brainwashed dolts are allowed to speak out in Russia because Putin is like Hitler controlling the media, academia and masses.

They are rolling out the old Cold War lies that Russia was just defending themselves when they decided to enslave Eastern Europe once the Nazis were defeated. They stayed in other people's lands, not the US but of course we are to blame.

They are insane people that need to be killed off like the Nazis...

"Pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine have shot down a military helicopter near Sloviansk, killing 14 people, the country's outgoing president says.

"Olexander Turchynov said the rebels used a Russian-made anti-aircraft system, and a senior general was among the dead.

"The town of Sloviansk has seen fierce fighting between separatists and government forces in recent weeks.

"President-elect Petro Poroshenko has vowed to tackle 'bandits' in the east.

"The helicopter was hit during heavy fighting between Sloviansk and Kramatorsk, reportedly after it had dropped off troops at a military base.

"President Turchynov said the 14 dead included Gen Serhiy Kulchytskiy, head of combat and special training for Ukraine's National Guard."

BBC News - Ukraine army helicopter shot down near Sloviansk

Possibly the oligarchs on both sides have set something in motion that can't be stopped?

Forum List

Back