The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame?

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Dec 15, 2008
L.V...Nev
ok what do guys think of this place......it is becoming IMO,the hall of SHAME.....there are many who deserve to be there who are not and a bunch who got in before their time,also before the ones who are still waiting......also GRANDMASTER FLASH?......WTF!!!.....

THOUGHTS COMMENTS?.....RANTS....GRIPES AND SWIPES....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuiLxCY0vFc&feature=channel_page]YouTube - pink floyds induction into the music hall of fame[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUSj164pwEM]YouTube - Zeppelin & Neil Young RnR Hall Of Fame When The Levee Breaks[/ame]

What's wrong with Grandmaster Flash? White Lines was one of the best songs of the 70's. :cool:

What's wrong with Grandmaster Flash? White Lines was one of the best songs of the 70's. :cool:
thank you! and everything he says in that song is true! The best part is he was doing "white lines" as he/they wrote the song!

"Ticket to ride, white line highway
Tell all your friends, they can go my way
Pay your toll, sell your soul
Pound for pound costs more than gold
The longer you stay, the more you pay
My white lines go a long way
Either up your nose or through your vein
With nothin to gain except killin' your brain"

On one hand, it seems that every band you've ever heard of is in there (that's been around at least 20 years) but then KISS isn't in there. Whether you like KISS or not, they were one of the biggest bands around.

On one hand, it seems that every band you've ever heard of is in there (that's been around at least 20 years) but then KISS isn't in there. Whether you like KISS or not, they were one of the biggest bands around.
What did I hear the other day?? " Even Paul Stanley doesn't like Kiss anymore!" or maybe it was another member. Paul Rudd says it in Role Models, thought it was funny but they should still be in the Hall of Fame!

What did I hear the other day?? " Even Paul Stanley doesn't like Kiss anymore!" or maybe it was another member. Paul Rudd says it in Role Models, thought it was funny but they should still be in the Hall of Fame!

lol. prolly Ace or Peter because Gene and Paul have stolen from them and given them the raw end of the stick for decades. or maybe one of the goons wearing ace and peter's makeup.

lol. prolly Ace or Peter because Gene and Paul have stolen from them and given them the raw end of the stick for decades. or maybe one of the goons wearing ace and peter's makeup.
I am going to watch the movie again here in about five, since I didn't get to watch it all but what I saw was hilarious! I will let you know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Close, released in 1983.

I don't think I first heard the song when I was 14...given the series of events going on in my life when I DID first hear it... I'm going to see if I can find an earlier release.

EDIT: Maybe it was that late.. Weird. The place I remember hearing it for the first time is not a place I associate with my teenage years...and I certainly don't remember seeing any disco bars in the mid-80's.

Last edited by a moderator:

he aint Rock N Roll thats whats wrong.....its the RNR hall of fame,not the hip hop hall of fame....and when this non rocker gets in before all the bands from the earlier years WHO DESERVE TO BE THERE....then there is a problem.....do you think this guy should be there when bands and individuals like.....
Neil Diamond
Deep Purple
Moody Blues
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Thin Lizzy
ELO
Hollies
Johnny Winter
Love
Wishbone Ash
Foreigner
Guess Who
Rory Gallagher
ELP
just to name a few,are still waiting.....these bands contributed more to Rock n Roll than Flash ever did or ever will......lets see if the Beatles or Elvis get elected to the Hip Hop Hall....

Just more proof that anything can be skewed any way the person wants it..

If you want a different outcome, simply start your own version of said hall of fame, and call it something else... I certainly con't think Neil Young should be in there, but that's my personal preference, since the man had zero impact on me, and IMO, made pretty sucky music.

Close, released in 1983.

I don't think I first heard the song when I was 14...given the series of events going on in my life when I DID first hear it... I'm going to see if I can find an earlier release.

EDIT: Maybe it was that late.. Weird. The place I remember hearing it for the first time is not a place I associate with my teenage years...and I certainly don't remember seeing any disco bars in the mid-80's.

there was no Grandmaster Flash in the 70's

Close, released in 1983.

there was no Grandmaster Flash in the 70's

Sure there was.

Flash played parties and also worked with rappers such as Kurtis Blow and Lovebug Starski. He formed his own group in the late 1970s,

Grandmaster Flash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All HOFs have folks who shoud be there and those who shouldn't. It's a fun place to visit and you come away with a different take. Things have a way of working out.

Agreed.. It wasn't even started until what..the mid 80's, I think? Where do you think most of the influence is going to lie? Everyone has their own hall of fame in their own head.. 4 walls and financial backing isn't going to change what you think.

Who votes on who is nominated or elected into the HOF and what criteria do they use? There are some artists who made it big financially on shitty music and some who make great music but never made it big.

Forum List

Back