The Road to Damascus

I believe it is about Paul's encounter with Jesus Christ and his subsequent conversion, Drifter. As to the second part of your question - We know that in Isaiah Chapter 17 Isaiah prophesies of the destruction of Damascus. I do not believe that has any significance or relationship to the story of Paul and is a separate matter.

On the subject of Assyria (modern day Syria) God makes clear that in the last days He will use the Assyrians as a rod of correction to a hypocritical nation - but as you can see in Isaiah 17 judgment shall also fall on the Assyrians (later).

Looking up King James Version Isaiah Chapter 10 - hang on..........

here it is:

http://bibletruthpublishers.com/isaiah-10/king-james-version/lbc689KJV

Isaiah 10 (KJV)
Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed;

To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!

And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where will ye leave your glory?

Without me they shall bow down under the prisoners, and they shall fall under the slain. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.

I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.

Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart think so; but it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few.

For those who do not believe that God will use the unbelievers to judge his own people / nations who have backslid, there is precedent for it in the book of Habakkuk and also if you read Psalm 17:13 you'll see who God's sword is. God holds his own people to a higher standard. Which is why America is under the judgment of God right now. It is no coincidence the Assyrians are the ones coming through the gates of the city now. Still, I believe that the prayers of righteous men (and women) availeth much.

Last edited:
I believe it is about Paul's encounter with Jesus Christ and his subsequent conversion, Drifter. As to the second part of your question - We know that in Isaiah Chapter 17 Isaiah prophesies of the destruction of Damascus. I do not believe that has any significance or relationship to the story of Paul and is a separate matter.

On the subject of Assyria (modern day Syria) God makes clear that in the last days He will use the Assyrians as a rod of correction to a hypocritical nation - but as you can see in Isaiah 17 judgment shall also fall on the Assyrians.

Here is Isaiah Chapter 10 which speaks of this:
Bible Gateway passage: Isaiah 10 - New International Version

Is Damascus the hypocritical nation?

Why doesn't God talk to people nowadays who terrorize or try to take down others, he talked to Saul and and converted him. which changed him to Paul the christian. Or do people just ignore God talking to them?

Where's the new jerusalem supposed to be?

On the subject of Assyria (modern day Syria) God makes clear that in the last days He will use the Assyrians as a rod of correction to a hypocritical nation - but as you can see in Isaiah 17 judgment shall also fall on the Assyrians.

Why doesn't God talk to people nowadays who terrorize or try to take down others, he talked to Saul and and converted him. which changed him to Paul the christian. Or do people just ignore God talking to them?

I believe that America is the subject of that prophecy in Chapter 10, Drifter - if you will read Isaiah 13 you will notice this prophecy appears to be against America (our destruction). It correlates with Revelation 18 and Jeremiah 51 (Chapters).

I believe that America is the subject of that prophecy in Chapter 10, Drifter - if you will read Isaiah 13 you will notice this prophecy appears to be against America (our destruction). It correlates with Revelation 18 and Jeremiah 51 (Chapters).

Does the new testament talk about damascus or just the old? Did Jesus ever talk about the destruction of Damascus?

Does the new testament talk about it or just the old?

Both

Both

What about Jesus? I added that in up above. Thanks.

Both

The fall of America does not signify the return of Christ according to Scripture, Drifter. I know the church is looking for an early departure but I do not expect anyone to be getting raptured out from behind the wheel of their cadillacs. Persecution is what purifies the church and prepares us to meet the Lord when that time comes. Jesus could tarry for years. Are we living in the end times? By the Bible prophecy being fulfilled, I'd have to believe so. Does it mean the return of Jesus Christ is imminent? No one knows when the LORD will return. He will return when he returns.

Both

The fall of America does not signify the return of Christ according to Scripture, Drifter. I know the church is looking for an early departure but I do not expect anyone to be getting raptured out from behind the wheel of their cadillacs. Persecution is what purifies the church and prepares us to meet the Lord when that time comes. Jesus could tarry for years. Are we living in the end times? By the Bible prophecy being fulfilled, I'd have to believe so. Does it mean the return of Jesus Christ is imminent? No one knows when the LORD will return. He will return when he returns.

Thanks for sharing your point of view and answering the questions I asked.

The old testament is always kind of fear based imo. The new testament is more about Jesus teachings, which the main thing is to love your enemies and work out your own salvation, I think. I don't think Jesus ever predicted the end of the world or destruction but I wasn't positive on that because I am not belonging to any church and I don't study the bible.

Jesus mostly was about forgiveness from what I gather.

The book of revelation was written by someone named John. His predictions remind me more of the old testament rather then what Jesus taught.

But at any rate I am glad you answered and shared your perspective on it, I like to understand where people are coming from. So thank you for that. :)

That's just another fundamentalist Christian fantasy.

Both

The old testament is always kind of fear based imo. The new testament is more about Jesus teachings, which the main thing is to love your enemies and work out your own salvation, I think. I don't think Jesus ever predicted the end of the world or destruction but I wasn't positive on that because I am not belonging to any church and I don't study the bible.

The book of revelation was written by someone named John. His predictions remind me more of the old testament rather then what Jesus taught.

But at any rate I am glad you answered and shared your perspective on it, I like to understand where people are coming from. So thank you for that. :)

I believe mercy triumphs over judgment.

I never watched the movie, so all I got from the clip is war.

And that's all you'll find on the road to Damascus.

I am not sure if you are trolling or are a christian that just thinks we need to be at war. :dunno:

We could probably fill volumes with the things you're not sure about.

We probably could so?

Your humility is quite rare to find and beautiful to behold, Drifter.

Both

I believe mercy triumphs over judgment.
I believe the Rapture is a false construct of fundamentalist Christians. They base their religious doctrine on questionable interpretations of Thessalonians, therefore all so called fundamentalists are blasphemers and heretics who preach the false prophesy of a death cult......much like Muslims.

Saul was chasing down Christians (members of "The Way" they were called) and they scattered after the death of Jesus for fear of their life's, so he was going to Damacus to hunt some more to bring in to be put to death before Jesus stopped him and he had a change of heart, so a change of heart leads to a name change. That is all . Jesus never went to Damascus.

Jesus was about peace, not war, in that aspect the Jews didn't see him as the messiah, but the Jews didn't like gentiles at all, so Jesus is our guy and our way.
The Jews were mainly Hellenized and sucked up to Rome, save a few who were zealots and wanted to fight everyone not Jew.

I never watched the movie, so all I got from the clip is war.
And that's all you'll find on the road to Damascus.

I am not sure if you are trolling or are a christian that just thinks we need to be at war. :dunno:
We could probably fill volumes with the things you're not sure about.

We probably could so?

Your humility is quite rare to find and beautiful to behold, Drifter.

Thanks, I really wanted to know what you guys thought about it. I like to understand where others are coming from.

You were great to answer, kudos to you.

Forum List

Back