The Rise of Lonely, Single Men

Tbh, I'm not lonely at all and I enjoy waking up in the AM and not having somebody setting out to deliberately ruin my day before it gets started. :dunno:

All women, even the best of them, do it sometimes.

It's inherent in their nature. I learned how to deal with it. You smile, walk out the door saying "Have a great day!" and then come back after work and more often than not all that is forgotten!
90% of the time it's a different story in the evening.
:D
Don't get combative in the morning, that's the worst thing you could do.

I got married in 2002 and stayed married. This crazy mess was confusing when I was young and single. When I read about it now it is confusing. I know being married sucks a lot but I wouldn’t want to be single again. That stuff is crazy.

To what, though?!
Focusing on work. Being able to travel. Come and go as one pleases. Sleep without being woken up. It's a choice more are making. It's not a problem at all. It's just a shift. We want people to work work work. And many are. And they are foregoing the old routine to accommodate that.

Focusing on work. Being able to travel. Come and go as one pleases. Sleep without being woken up. It's a choice more are making. It's not a problem at all. It's just a shift. We want people to work work work. And many are. And they are foregoing the old routine to accommodate that.

"We" want people to "work, work, work"? Who is this "we"?

Cause, that's not what I want.

Nothing I have said, justifies that as a response. So, the question is, why did you do it?

Perhaps. But the example I cited, the woman made no such qualifier.
Anecdotal and meaningless. A snippet of a conversation or most likely many conversations is hardly proof of anything.

Proof? Perhaps not. But certainly evidence of bad ideas floating around out there.
Meaningless evidence.

Everyone who has ever had a successful relationship knows that both people have to be willing to make some concessions to the other but that in no way means they cannot stand firm on what their core values are.

If anyone has no success in relationships it is their own issues that are the reason.

Meaningless evidence.

Everyone who has ever had a successful relationship knows that both people have to be willing to make some concessions to the other but that in no way means they cannot stand firm on what their core values are.

If anyone has no success in relationships it is their own issues that are the reason.

And yet the woman was teaching her child the opposite, to not compromise.

That's a bad idea. That is setting her child up to fail.

And yet the woman was teaching her child the opposite, to not compromise.

That's a bad idea. That is setting her child up to fail.
Anecdotal and meaningless.

these conversations between parents and children are not a one time thing and there are too many unknowns to consider this one snippet of an overheard conversation means anything.

No Americans = No America

Who do you think does the working, buying, and defending any nation? People here are bitching about illegal aliens all the damn time. Do you want them to be the ONLY ones in the country? Do you know where people come from? Our fertility rate is below replacement now. You want it to be worse? Is human extinction your dream?
We have more people than our economy can properly support, or the environment can tolerate. Same across the globe.

Anecdotal and meaningless.

these conversations between parents and children are not a one time thing and there are too many unknowns to consider this one snippet of an overheard conversation means anything.

Anecdotal does not mean, meaningless.

And young girls are more likely to stay at home posting up on social media than they are to socialize with the opposite sex.
Agreed. But maybe now we can lower the population without having war and genocide. I almost think it's a positive form of Darwinism...where the morons who are stupid enough to spend their lives this way at least won't procreate as much. As a teen in the 80's, I spent untold hours in arcades...and also plenty of time playing PC games in the early 90's. In the early 80's I taught myself to play music keyboards...and by the late 90's I was gigging and making some pocket money doing it. By the 2000's I had a little recording studio setup that I invited friends over to participate in. And that is how I spend my spare time today when I'm not outside enjoying nature on the woods like I've always done and never stopped doing. I have never owned a game console in my life. I don't have any social media accounts. When I'm not working, or being a father or a husband, I can usually either be found walking in the woods or playing my music. MY music. I don't even watch TV much anymore. I can go for most of the week without even turning it on.

I simply enjoy nature, music and food (cooking) more than anything else in life.

We are certainly close to the tipping point.

We need to rethink the model of uninterrupted infinite growth that we are currently using.
We actually need to build more prisons (and cemeteries) and nuthouses for the millions of dangerous and deranged people that are now roaming free, destroying what others have built for themselves, their families, and their communities. This worthless population is the fastest growing demographic in America.

We actually need to build more prisons (and cemeteries) and nuthouses for the millions of dangerous and deranged people that are now roaming free, destroying what others have built for themselves, their families, and their communities. This worthless population is the fastest growing demographic in America.
I don't think we need more prisons. What we need to do is stop incarcerating people for nonviolent crimes and save prison space for the violent animals who need to be separated from the rest of us.

Forum List

Back