Zone1 The Right to Rescue

I'm actually surprised who God awful YouTube is. I got personally threatened by Google for my remarks about Palestinians but animal abuse videos stay up. I scroll past all of them when I come across them. I don't want to give them any views
I got attached to the baby monkey they called her jellybean. I couldn't not keep reporting it. I cried everyday. She was precious it was awful. They kill the mother monkey and steal babies just for this. The public creeps call them tree rats and made terrible remarks and suggestions and offer to pay in donations for the torture. I honestly feel led to keep fighting for those babies.

I got attached to the baby monkey they called her jellybean. I couldn't not keep reporting it. I cried everyday. She was precious it was awful. They kill the mother monkey and steal babies just for this. The public creeps call them tree rats and made terrible remarks and suggestions and offer to pay in donations for the torture. I honestly feel led to keep fighting for those babies.
Totally understand and agree. I just can't put images like that in my head knowing there's nothing I can do. It HAUNTS me. But the same thing happens BILLIONS of times every year to the creatures whose personalities you haven't seen. I've watched my friends bird call her dogs using HER voice! When the dogs come running, the bird LAUGHS! She knows what she's doing and this is PLAY. And this is a "dumb" bird! This is why, as a Christian, I strongly oppose the abuse we put all God's creatures through for our own pleasure. Hopefully soon this Age of Man will come to the end we so rightfully deserve

It is based on the premise that any animal that is being raised to be used as food is in an “abuse situation”.

No, that is not my premise. I stated clearly multiple times that the whole idea of open rescue is for animals in situations of extreme abuse and visible, clear suffering, where the animal would die if someone didn't step in to rescue it.

That is not the same thing as "any animal being raised for food."

I would call you a liar, but I'm not gonna stoop to your level. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you just didn't read the thread very closely and you jumped to the worst possible conclusion because of your extreme, irrational hatred for veganism.

The OP's intent is an intellectual bait-and-switch—get us to agree that gratuitous cruelty to animals is wrong, and that one is justified in rescuing an animal from such a situation, in order to argue that PETA types are justified in “rescuing” animal being raised and used for legitimate purposes, such as for food, or for other benefits to humans.

You see it that way because of your cognitive dissonance.

Animal cruelty is animal cruelty, and what you don't seem to get is that farm animals are just like dogs and cats in all the ways that matter. I have said this tons of times, but pigs are even smarter than dogs. And like dogs, they have individual personalities and just want to live and enjoy life and not be harmed.

I brought up dogs in hot cars first because I wanted to give an example that everyone knows about and could relate to. Because I wanted to explain what open rescue is.

In essence, it's the same thing. Just because YOU don't see it as the same thing doesn't mean that it isn't. In fact, the scenarios in factory farms are actually much much worse than a dog in a hot car… Although, in both cases, the animal is suffering, and will die, if not rescued.

Now, I would really appreciate it if you would stop trolling, personally attacking me, and being so arrogant that you actually think you can speak for me. Don't ever speak for me.

Bleiben...

IMG_2175.jpg

:dunno:

You never have to break a window.
Police, tow truck drivers, etc., all know how to unlock cars.
You call them.

I'm not going to get involved with Bob's and buttercup's feud as I like you both. buttercup, I'm sorry that I had the wrong thoughts and ideas about you when it comes to this thread as I don't think that you're lying about this. Anyways, here's a question for you or any of the other vegans on here. Can't I like ham, pork, and bacon, and pigs at the same time? Same with cows and their meat and dairy. Asking the question because I'm going to a farm next month and even they talk about how their animals is where your food comes from when children come and visit.

Not sure if I could be a farmer or not because I might form an emotional attachment to the animals, but as of right now I don't as their just animals made to be eaten to me because I've never had a cow or a pig or a chicken. Not saying that I couldn't butcher them, but I could understand why people who have been farmers before might quit and become vegetarians or vegans themselves. Dairy farmers have it easier.

Yeah, sure, it's probably hard for them to hear their mothers constantly moo for their babies, but they get over it and the calves are bottle fed so they survive. Oh and it's probably actually safer for the calves and this video will explain why. Plus milk is healthy for humans. If it wasn't for meat and potatoes though I probably would die because I couldn't survive on fruits and vegetables alone. I don't like nor eat that many.

You lied, here in front of all of us, in a Zone 1 thread where such conduct isn't supposed to be allowed. And now you are crying because you were caught and called-out for it.

You started this thread on a blatantly false premise, and you're upset because nobody believes your lies.

You are not fooling anyone.

No, I didn't. I just finished making it clear to you that you assumed the premise was something it wasn't. Are you going to be a man and admit that you misunderstood? So far you're choosing to continue attacking me and trying to claim what the point of MY own thread was, do you not see how utterly arrogant that is?

I'm not going to get involved with Bob's and buttercup's feud as I like you both. buttercup, I'm sorry that I had the wrong thoughts and ideas about you when it comes to this thread as I don't think that you're lying about this. Anyways, here's a question for you or any of the other vegans on here. Can't I like ham, pork, and bacon, and pigs at the same time? Same with cows and their meat and dairy. Asking the question because I'm going to a farm next month and even they talk about how their animals is where your food comes from when children come and visit.

Not sure if I could be a farmer or not because I might form an emotional attachment to the animals, but as of right now I don't as their just animals made to be eaten to me because I've never had a cow or a pig or a chicken. Not saying that I couldn't butcher them, but I could understand why people who have been farmers before might quit and become vegetarians or vegans themselves. Dairy farmers have it easier.

Yeah, sure, it's probably hard for them to hear their mothers constantly moo for their babies, but they get over it and the calves are bottle fed so they survive. Oh and it's probably actually safer for the calves and this video will explain why. Plus milk is healthy for humans. If it wasn't for meat and potatoes though I probably would die because I couldn't survive on fruits and vegetables alone. I don't like nor eat that many.

This deserves a response that is not rushed, so I'm going to get back to it a little later. I haven't eaten yet today and I have some other stuff I gotta do, but I will be back. :)

This deserves a response that is not rushed, so I'm going to get back to it a little later. I haven't eaten yet today and I have some other stuff I gotta do, but I will be back. :)

Okay and I've been debating about posting pictures of my trip to the farm because I'm afraid that it would be off with my head. 😆

I know, but since it's been brought up and it can go together I don't think that it's too off topic. Plus, I'm curious what kind of response that buttercup has got for me.
The thread owner didn't bring that up she only responded to the derail from responding posters. I eat meat (chicken) and I still support animal rescue. In this case, I am 100 percent on buttercup's side. She opened this thread with the intent to discuss animal cruelty laws. Anyone implying differently is changing the direction and tone of the thread. She responded to that.

The thread owner didn't bring that up she only responded to the derail from responding posters. I eat meat (chicken) and I still support animal rescue. In this case, I am 100 percent on buttercup's side. She opened this thread with the intent to discuss animal cruelty laws. Anyone implying differently is changing the direction and tone of the thread. She responded to that.

I know, but I'm still curious what her response is going to be to my question since animal cruelty seems to be what people find to be cruel.

I agree. But this thread is not really about saving dogs from a hot car. I just used that as an example to show what the idea of 'the right to rescue' basically boils down to. Of course I fully expect that most people will see that situation as a different matter... but that's why I posted this thread, to provoke thought and see what people have to say about this topic. Thanks.
I think it is a difficult question to answer.

What is considered a cruel and abusive situation that would require intervention and who makes that determination?

Just to give two examples of this quandary:

Crating dogs. Is this cruel? Depends.

Crating an animal for long periods of time or forcing them to live in their own waste or too small of an area, is clearly abusive imo.

On the other hand, there are those who think any use of crates is wrong and abusive. Yet used properly, they are a means of keeping a dog safe, housebreaking, preventing destruction, separating dogs that don’t get along, or giving high energy dogs a time out.

Yes, I support the right to rescue. Indonesia has no animal cruelty laws. I have reported a sadistic monkey torturer on youtube for months and they won't take his videos down even one where he is molesting a baby monkey.
YouTube is notorious for allowing this, I was looking for monkey videos to learn about their behavior and they full of grotesquely abusive videos with baby monkeys!

The thread is built on lies;
Yes well, my hens are all debating if their eggs have rights over a bottle of chardonnay , the goats are voting Dem despite the fact they'll probably be eaten by them, the dogs keep howling where's the beef, the cats don't care, and the pigs will be leading the revolt any day now

1710015840037.png

~S~

I do not read her intention that way at all.

Me neither but I can see why Bob felt that way. She's been awfully pushy about her vegan beliefs in the past and I could be wrong but I think that she's aware of it so that's why she tried to make sure that this thread didn't go in that direction.

Forum List

Back