The Republicans’ war on science and reason

Wonderful post and reminder. Great. Hat is tipped.

Robert
Absolutely! Even Einstein said there must be a supreme being that created all this matter.

Liberalism is a goddamned mental disorder!

Einstein never said that tool.

Einstein, who was Jewish and who declined an offer to be the state of Israel's second president, also rejected the idea that the Jews are God's favoured people.

"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."

The letter will go on sale at Bloomsbury Auctions in Mayfair on Thursday and is expected to fetch up to £8,000. The handwritten piece, in German, is not listed in the source material of the most authoritative academic text on the subject, Max Jammer's book Einstein and Religion.

Einstein writes of 'childish superstition' | Science | The Guardian

Isn't lying against one of your commandments? Fucking right wing liars. Just so sick of them.

Einstien only said his belief in GOD wasn't personal...But ODD coming from a JEW. ODD Jews base thier beliefs in higher powers...

Einstein's God
Einstein's "superior reasoning power," however, was not the God of the Bible. Though he confessed to the rabbis and priests who came to congratulate him on his discovery of God that he was convinced God brought the universe into existence and was intelligent and creative, he denied that God was personal.

Of course, those clergy had a stock response to Einstein's denial. How can a Being who is intelligent and creative not also be personal? Einstein brushed past their objections, a valid one, by raising the paradox of God's omnipotence and man's responsibility for his choices:

"If this being is omnipotent then every occurrence, including every human action, every human thought, and every human feeling and aspiration is also His work; how is it possible to think of holding men responsible for their deeds and thoughts before such an almighty Being? In giving out punishment and rewards He would to a certain extent be passing judgment on Himself. How can this be combined with the goodness and righteousness ascribed to Him?"

None of the clergy Einstein encountered ever gave him a satisfactory answer to his objection. Typically, they responded by saying that God has not yet revealed the answer. They encouraged him to endure patiently and blindly trust the All-Knowing One.

Regrettably, Einstein lacked the persistence to purse an answer further. He took for granted the biblical knowledge of these religious professionals and assumed that the Bible failed to adequately address this crucially important issue. Of what value, then, could such a "revelation" be?
Lacking a solution to the paradox of God's predestination and human beings free choice, Einstein, like many other powerful intellects through the centuries, ruled out the existence of a personal God. Nevertheless, and to his credit, Einstein held unswervingly, against enormous peer pressure, to a belief in a Creator.

LINK

And pehaps Einstein professed (Knowing of the suffering of Humans) questions WHY an all powerful 'GOD' could permit such suffering...And still on the 'ODD' scale as Einstein could choose to be and remain a JEW upon his exodus from Germany, and the Nazi's.

Absolutely! Even Einstein said there must be a supreme being that created all this matter.

Liberalism is a goddamned mental disorder!

I'm not going for that supreme being nonsense. I do however believe life is scattered throughout the universe. Some intelligent, some like the op.

We were just lucky that our planet was positioned where it was in relation to the other bodies in our solar system to allow life to flourish.
It's not just the position. The axis angle and the wobble enable the cycle of life....and the moon.

Yep, without the tilt we would have no seasons. The wobble however will Fuck us in the long run when it shifts. And it will. Of course the Libs that survive those catastrophic events will blame it on my v8 dodge.

I'm not going for that supreme being nonsense. I do however believe life is scattered throughout the universe. Some intelligent, some like the op.

We were just lucky that our planet was positioned where it was in relation to the other bodies in our solar system to allow life to flourish.
It's not just the position. The axis angle and the wobble enable the cycle of life....and the moon.

Yep, without the tilt we would have no seasons. The wobble however will Fuck us in the long run when it shifts. And it will. Of course the Libs that survive those catastrophic events will blame it on my v8 dodge.

It is postulated that the wobble will again cause 'Pole Shift' this year as the Myan Calendar probably predicts?

It is postulated that the wobble will again cause 'Pole Shift' this year as the Myan Calendar probably predicts?

That's what they say. They were smarter than most of our liberal brethren.

Regarding the OP and the lie that Republicans want the country to regress...

Who is it who shut down industry?

Who is it who shut down development?

Who is it who penalizes the builders of the world, and who is it who won't let us tap our natural resources?

Progressives. Jayzus, someone actually said canned food should be *banned* in Hawaii on this site just a day or so ago.

True progress! Dig a hole in the ground and stick your meat in there! Ride a fucking horse to work...oh, wait, no, you can't ride a horse, that would be cruel...okay, well get a wheelbarrow and have your gramma push you...

Speculation is that the black hole at the center of our universe will align with the sun and cause a massive gravitational disturbance that causes our magnetic field to reverse direction. Crazy stuff. The sheer thought of the knowledge they had those thousands of years ago is mind boggling.

I forget the year, but I was called to Southern Cotton Oil Mill one day to resolve a problem with their 600 horsepower synchronous motor that drove the line shaft. It had reversed itself and would run backwards only. I reversed that DC field coil and it ran properly forward. A week or so later it reversed itself again and I switched it back. Stranger things have never happened.

The Republicans’ war on science and reason - The Washington Post

Last month, Washington Post columnist Steve Pearlstein wrote that if you wanted to come up with a bumper sticker that defined the Republican Party’s platform it would be this: “Repeal the 20th century. Vote GOP.” With their unrelenting attempts to slash Social Security, end Medicare and Medicaid and destroy the social safety net, Republicans are, indeed, on a quest of reversal. But they have set their sights on an even bolder course than Pearlstein acknowledges in his column: It’s not just the 20th century they have targeted for repeal; it’s the 18th and 19th too.

The 18th century was defined, in many ways, by the Enlightenment, a philosophical movement based on the idea that reason, rational discourse and the advancement of knowledge, were the critical pillars of modern life. The leaders of the movement inspired the thinking of Charles Darwin, Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin; its tenets can be found in the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. But more than 200 years later, those basic tenets — the very notion that facts and evidence matter — are being rejected, wholesale, by the 21st-century Republican Party.

I never understood this obsession to deny and distort the reality of science.

Yep. From the denial of the fact of AGW to teaching Creationism in schools in Tennessee, the GOP is showing itself to be the party of the willfully ignorant.

Speculation is that the black hole at the center of our universe will align with the sun and cause a massive gravitational disturbance that causes our magnetic field to reverse direction. Crazy stuff. The sheer thought of the knowledge they had those thousands of years ago is mind boggling.

Black Holes are amazing occurences in the Universe, aren't they?

A place to where even LIGHT doesn't escape...and we can only guess what lies beyond...(assuming one survives the trip to the other side of it)?

*If I may take some liberty with your post*?

And post a song (Theme) from the Disney Movie?

Love it...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvvq2PsgyHA"]RIP John Barry - Black Hole Theme - YouTube[/ame]

Sheesh. Shall we all gather around the table for an oiuja bourd session? You 'Conservatives' are a hoot.

A place to where even LIGHT doesn't escape...and we can only guess what lies beyond...(assuming one survives the trip to the other side of it)?

Love it...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvvq2PsgyHA"]RIP John Barry - Black Hole Theme - YouTube[/ame]

The same physics that tell us of black holes tells us why adding another 40% of CO2 to the atmosphere will cause the atmosphere to increase in warmth. You guys are so damned selective in what science you accept.

Regarding the OP and the lie that Republicans want the country to regress...

Who is it who shut down industry?

Who is it who shut down development?

Who is it who penalizes the builders of the world, and who is it who won't let us tap our natural resources?

Progressives. Jayzus, someone actually said canned food should be *banned* in Hawaii on this site just a day or so ago.

True progress! Dig a hole in the ground and stick your meat in there! Ride a fucking horse to work...oh, wait, no, you can't ride a horse, that would be cruel...okay, well get a wheelbarrow and have your gramma push you...

Apparently you are not aware that "science and reason" means hydroponically grown marijuana in a pesticide free environment.

Love it...

The same physics that tell us of black holes tells us why adding another 40% of CO2 to the atmosphere will cause the atmosphere to increase in warmth. You guys are so damned selective in what science you accept.

And the SAME physics that has YET to be proven on Earth.

Try again Crocks.

Sheesh. Shall we all gather around the table for an oiuja bourd session? You 'Conservatives' are a hoot.
Yeah WE are a hoot as the Logic and Reason as displayed by your alarmist attitude is debunked by falsified data...much to your chegrin.

The 'HOOT' is YOU.

The Republicans’ war on science and reason - The Washington Post

Last month, Washington Post columnist Steve Pearlstein wrote that if you wanted to come up with a bumper sticker that defined the Republican Party’s platform it would be this: “Repeal the 20th century. Vote GOP.” With their unrelenting attempts to slash Social Security, end Medicare and Medicaid and destroy the social safety net, Republicans are, indeed, on a quest of reversal. But they have set their sights on an even bolder course than Pearlstein acknowledges in his column: It’s not just the 20th century they have targeted for repeal; it’s the 18th and 19th too.

The 18th century was defined, in many ways, by the Enlightenment, a philosophical movement based on the idea that reason, rational discourse and the advancement of knowledge, were the critical pillars of modern life. The leaders of the movement inspired the thinking of Charles Darwin, Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin; its tenets can be found in the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. But more than 200 years later, those basic tenets — the very notion that facts and evidence matter — are being rejected, wholesale, by the 21st-century Republican Party.

Ok rocket scientist, if 2+2=4 and 4 < 8 and you have $4.00, so how can you keep spending $8.00 with a straight face. Time to take a big deep breath of oxygen and recognize your buds spent all your money and have leveraged your ass to the hilt. But don't think twice Dorothy, go ahead and keep dreaming, click those ruby shoes twice, you will awake, and all will be just dandy in your fantasy land.

Yeah WE are a hoot as the Logic and Reason as displayed by your alarmist attitude is debunked by falsified data...much to your chegrin.

The 'HOOT' is YOU.

Physics is not Phair.

I cannot imagine the liberal mind wraping itself around fundamental concepts that leave almost no room for equivocating: How can nature be so cruel to allow gravity to have the same effect upon a poor-blind-black retard as a white anglo-saxon protestant making over $100,000 per year?

The Republicans&rsquo; war on science and reason - The Washington Post

Ok rocket scientist, if 2+2=4 and 4 < 8 and you have $4.00, so how can you keep spending $8.00 with a straight face. Time to take a big deep breath of oxygen and recognize your buds spent all your money and have leveraged your ass to the hilt. But don't think twice Dorothy, go ahead and keep dreaming, click those ruby shoes twice, you will awake, and all will be just dandy in your fantasy land.
The OP sees nothing wrong with encroachment on his liberty...apparently HE wants his generations to be slaves to the Government as his hero(oes) want with Gubmint calling the shots...

The 'HOOT' is YOU.

Physics is not Phair.

I cannot imagine the liberal mind wraping itself around fundamental concepts that leave almost no room for equivocating: How can nature be so cruel to allow gravity to have the same effect upon a poor-blind-black retard as a white anglo-saxon protestant making over $100,000 per year?

Answer...Because they said so and don't DARE question it...or be forever marked as a racist?

Forum List

Back