The Real Reason for Higher Gas Prices

Can we move this thread to the rubber room already? I want to talk about my lust for Flo, from Progressive Insurance. She keeps sending me envelopes with her picture on the front, and I sure got the hots for her.

Not that I really love her or anything, because she's a liberal. But even liberal chicks love a good grudge-fuck once in awhile. I bet she even likes being choked when she has sex with a big strong man.

View attachment 562712
What a great role model you are for conservatives everywhere! YOU are truly what MAGA is all about and stands for. USA! USA!

I'm not interested in that rubbish.
I just have issues with liars.
You're a newbie here.....we've heard your nonsense before.
Typical liberal asshole acting like they're smarter than everyone else.

Yeah. Once someone's credibility goes to hell, it's a free for all.

Unwritten board rules. :laughing0301:

I'm not interested in that rubbish.
I just have issues with liars.
You're a newbie here.....we've heard your nonsense before.
Typical liberal asshole acting like they're smarter than everyone else.
Apparently sarcasm goes right over that pretty little head of yours.

What a great role model you are for conservatives everywhere! YOU are truly what MAGA is all about and stands for. USA! USA!
Flo has nice tits and ass..........That is an American Tradition. Not idiots who can't figure out what gender they are. ..........Your side is screwing up the Gene pool.

So how do you like them Gas prices in California being higher than everywhere else. cool huh.

don't waste your time with a sock. I'm sure that's a sock, he? it? LOL
Well, unlike some of you that live on here 24/7 I have a life. Time to go but I'll check in tomorrow. Maybe you can post 1000 more times between now at 10 PM Thursday. Night!

I figured that all along.

I'm way ahead of you. The OP's avatar was stolen from this picture. People who deliberately try to fool other people by sexual ambiguity, are usually sick freaks and cross-dressers. I never try to hide the fact that I'm a super-straight male, even if I am using a goofy avatar right now.

stock-photo-biker-girl-with-sunglasses-sitting-on-motorcycle-450w-188920073.jpg

Apparently sarcasm goes right over that pretty little head of yours.
Not at all....and thanks for the compliment.
The problem with you, newbie, is you automatically assume that you're dealing with idiots.
It's a false stereotype that you folks bounce off of each other in your echo chambers.
One of these days you'll realize that so-called right-wingers aren't a bunch of pig-headed Billy Bobs with a 5th grade education.
You come in here and start gaslighting everyone trying to convince them of things you assume are too complicated for them to understand.

And FYI.....
Many of us aren't leftist like you because we're open minded and extremely cynical of government.
Once someone lies to me....I question everything they say from then on. I have a long memory....unlike some lefties that go for the shiny object that the corrupt media waves in front of them...totally forgetting everything that took place before.
You seem to like it when a Democrat lies to you....because you keep swallowing their lies like Deep Throat and ask for seconds.
And BTW, I smell a sock.

I figured that all along.

I'm way ahead of you. The OP's avatar was stolen from this picture. People who deliberately try to fool other people by sexual ambiguity, are usually sick freaks and cross-dressers. I never try to hide the fact that I'm a super-straight male, even if I am using a goofy avatar right now.

stock-photo-biker-girl-with-sunglasses-sitting-on-motorcycle-450w-188920073.jpg

I knew it!

Thank you JGalt! ! :up:

Not at all....and thanks for the compliment.
The problem with you, newbie, is you automatically assume that you're dealing with idiots.
It's a false stereotype that you folks bounce off of each other in your echo chambers.
One of these days you'll realize that so-called right-wingers aren't a bunch of pig-headed Billy Bobs with a 5th grade education.
You come in here and start gaslighting everyone trying to convince them of things you assume are too complicated for them to understand.

And FYI.....
Many of us aren't leftist like you because we're open minded and extremely cynical of government.
Once someone lies to me....I question everything they say from then on. I have a long memory....unlike some lefties that go for the shiny object that the corrupt media waves in front of them...totally forgetting everything that took place before.
You seem to like it when a Democrat lies to you....because you keep swallowing their lies like Deep Throat and ask for seconds.
And BTW, I smell a sock.
We've all read your posts. You really are an idiot.

Here's the real cause of the rise in fuel costs.

The factors that control the price are:

• The price of crude oil
  • The cost of refining and profits
  • Distribution costs marketing costs and profits
  • Taxes
First thing Biden did was cancel the Keystone Pipeline which caused the price of crude oil to rise
Next he made sure the US produced less oil by not allowing as many drilling permits except to top producers.
Many of Biden's actions caused the price of crude to go up immediately.
Then he announced a moratorium on oil, gas, and coal leasing on federal lands.
Then there's the fact that Biden keeps appointing people to be in charge of aspects of our economy where the only experience they have is protesting those industries.
Now instead of being a producer of energy we are becoming strictly a consumer of energy.
We haven't been building any new refineries to keep up with demand so we have to send our oil overseas to be refined which cuts into profit.

Obama caused the price of poultry, dairy, and meat products to go up by instituting a federal requirement for mandatory 10% Ethanol in all grades of fuel. Later to 13%.
Now how does that effect the price of food?
Well....if you're converting roughly 30% of the the total supply of feed corn that farmers need to feed their livestock into Ethanol...it causes the price of feedcorn to rise...thus raising the price of food.
The primary cause of the latest rise in food prices started with lock downs....and now lack of workers available to produce food in factories. Now we can't seem to get Biden and Buttigeg to get off their butts and keep the supply chain working causing bottlenecks at the ports. Everything seems to be coming from overseas these days.....thanks to agreements by our politicians. This is the fleecing of America that the UN has been talking about for years.

Never said those were my words, just posted it. At least I don't get paid 50 cents a post like Political Chick and others do. The most fun you can get for free at the USMB!
You needed to list a reference and post some of your own content in the OP.
If you post a quote you have to at the very least put in quotation marks and supply your ref.

If you are one of those people still raging about Biden and gasoline prices, then I can put you into one of three categories. You are either 1). A partisan who knows better, but doesn't care; 2). Someone who prefers simple answers even if they are wrong; or 3). Someone who doesn't understand the factors that move gasoline prices.

Let's assume you are in that third category. There is some hope for reaching you with facts. Here they are. Last summer U.S. oil production dropped by 3 million barrels per day (BPD). See the graph below. It was the largest short-term drop in history, and that was on Trump's watch. It wasn't his fault, but he also was powerless to prevent it.

Incidentally, it is perhaps a great historical irony that President Obama oversaw the largest oil production gains of any president in history. Again, not because of him. He just happened to be in office when fracking took off.

Since last summer's plunge, oil production has bounced back by 1.5 million BPD, but we are still 1.5 million BPD below where we were in January 2020. But demand started to recover last summer. The people raging against Biden surely don't know this: During the last five months that Trump was in office, oil prices increased by 43%. Again, not his fault, but he was also powerless to prevent it.

What we have seen since Biden took office is a continuation of the same trend that started in September 2020. Demand has recovered, and supply has not. When you are missing 1.5 million BPD of oil supplies -- which has also played out in many other countries -- you are going to have surging prices. There is absolutely nothing a President can do about it. He can scream at the oil companies. He can scream at OPEC. But there is nothing he can practically do to move the needle in the short term when 1.5 million BPD of oil supplies are missing.

Oh, and if you are one of those "Biden is preventing drilling" people, consider this. Since he took office, the number of rigs drilling for oil has risen by 62%. Again, not because of him, and not despite him. A function of the rising prices.
3 million barrels is not significant.
Biden stopped oil drilling on Federal land and cancelled the XL pipeline. That was 10 months ago.You are full of crap.

If you are one of those people still raging about Biden and gasoline prices, then I can put you into one of three categories. You are either 1). A partisan who knows better, but doesn't care; 2). Someone who prefers simple answers even if they are wrong; or 3). Someone who doesn't understand the factors that move gasoline prices.

Let's assume you are in that third category. There is some hope for reaching you with facts. Here they are. Last summer U.S. oil production dropped by 3 million barrels per day (BPD). See the graph below. It was the largest short-term drop in history, and that was on Trump's watch. It wasn't his fault, but he also was powerless to prevent it.

Incidentally, it is perhaps a great historical irony that President Obama oversaw the largest oil production gains of any president in history. Again, not because of him. He just happened to be in office when fracking took off.

Since last summer's plunge, oil production has bounced back by 1.5 million BPD, b...firt ot we are still 1.5 million BPD below where we were in January 2020. But demand started to recover last summer. The people raging against Biden surely don't know this: During the last five months that Trump was in office, oil prices increased by 43%. Again, not his fault, but he was also powerless to prevent it.

What we have seen since Biden took office is a continuation of the same trend that started in September 2020. Demand has recovered, and supply has not. When you are missing 1.5 million BPD of oil supplies -- which has also played out in many other countries -- you are going to have surging prices. There is absolutely nothing a President can do about it. He can scream at the oil companies. He can scream at OPEC. But there is nothing he can practically do to move the needle in the short term when 1.5 million BPD of oil supplies are missing.

Oh, and if you are one of those "Biden is preventing drilling" people, consider this. Since he took office, the number of rigs drilling for oil has risen by 62%. Again, not because of him, and not despite him. A function of the rising prices.
Bullshit....removing the futures options always has the effect of driving up the commodity....where the hell are you getting you misinformed garbage from? The commodity is not petroleum by the way.... the commodity is hydrocarbons in general. I'll bet you didn't know that did you? They are all related. By destroying the coal network and taking out the alternative supply of hydrocarbon btu's available to generate power with the rest of the hydrocarbon market ( Gas and Oil ) was called upon the make up the difference. This in turn put a general upward pressure on hydrocarbon btu's. You moron. It's interesting because we are mining more coal then ever only it's going to China via Buffet's railroads instead of where it should be going.... to the mothballed coal plants to take pressure off of the Gas turbine plants which in turn takes pressure off of the heating market...which again in turn takes pressure off of petroleum

you are either a fucking liar....or a stupid fucking liar.....with the latter being the less reprehensible.

JO

Politics and the economy are usually on different tracks, but occasionally they cross paths.

Forum List

Back