The real death rate of COVID-19 in the U.S. may be 140 times smaller than what is being reported

This should drive the hysteria mongers crazy. How are they going to generate hysteria about a disease that is less serious than the flu?

It’s possible that the number of people in the U.S. who are infected with COVID-19 is much bigger than the number that is being currently reported, but many of those people haven’t gotten substantially sick, and so haven’t gotten tested.
The death rate is calculated by dividing the number of people who die by the number who get infected.
But while we do have accurate information about the numerator, we really have no idea what the denominator is. It’s possible that the real denominator is magnitudes bigger than what is being reported, because most infected people have either no symptoms or minor symptoms, and thus, don’t get tested. If this is indeed the case, then it’s possible that the real death rate is far, far lower than the one that is being reported.
As of this writing (early March 30, 2020), in the U.S., 142,735 people have tested positive for COVID-19, and of those, 2,489 have died from it. (I got those numbers from this link, which is continuously being updated.)
Based on these numbers, the fatality rate in the U.S. is 1.744%
Meanwhile, Iceland tested a large segment of its population, including people with no symptoms, and found that 6.3% of them have COVID-19.
The U.S. has 328 million people. If we extrapolate Iceland’s figure of 6.3% to the U.S., it would suggest that more than 20 million people in the U.S. have COVID-19. (I realize that extrapolating Iceland’s test results to the U.S. is not the ideal way to determine the rate of infection in the U.S. But given the absence of this particular type of widespread testing in the U.S., it’s probably the most accurate guess that we can make at this point in time. Hopefully, such widespread testing will be done in the U.S., and we will then have a more accurate number.)
So for the U.S., the real denominator may be 140 times bigger than the one that is being reported.
Which, if true, would indicate that the estimated real death rate in the U.S. is more than two magnitudes smaller than what is being reported.
And, if true, would mean that the estimated real death rate in the U.S. is 0.01246%
I'm telling ya, this whole thing is just the liberals going nuclear, they are putting all their eggs in this "corona-virus" basket, it's a last ditch effort to swing the election and every government agency is onboard, heck I bet there are liberals on this forum who will swear they have been hit on the head with a piece of falling sky.
Their plan is to destroy the economy and then blame it all on Trump. However, it's not going to work because the public approves of the way Trump is handling the epidemic.

This should drive the hysteria mongers crazy. How are they going to generate hysteria about a disease that is less serious than the flu?

It’s possible that the number of people in the U.S. who are infected with COVID-19 is much bigger than the number that is being currently reported, but many of those people haven’t gotten substantially sick, and so haven’t gotten tested.
The death rate is calculated by dividing the number of people who die by the number who get infected.
But while we do have accurate information about the numerator, we really have no idea what the denominator is. It’s possible that the real denominator is magnitudes bigger than what is being reported, because most infected people have either no symptoms or minor symptoms, and thus, don’t get tested. If this is indeed the case, then it’s possible that the real death rate is far, far lower than the one that is being reported.
As of this writing (early March 30, 2020), in the U.S., 142,735 people have tested positive for COVID-19, and of those, 2,489 have died from it. (I got those numbers from this link, which is continuously being updated.)
Meanwhile, Iceland tested a large segment of its population, including people with no symptoms, and found that 6.3% of them have COVID-19.
The U.S. has 328 million people. If we extrapolate Iceland’s figure of 6.3% to the U.S., it would suggest that more than 20 million people in the U.S. have COVID-19. (I realize that extrapolating Iceland’s test results to the U.S. is not the ideal way to determine the rate of infection in the U.S. But given the absence of this particular type of widespread testing in the U.S., it’s probably the most accurate guess that we can make at this point in time. Hopefully, such widespread testing will be done in the U.S., and we will then have a more accurate number.)
So for the U.S., the real denominator may be 140 times bigger than the one that is being reported.
Which, if true, would indicate that the estimated real death rate in the U.S. is more than two magnitudes smaller than what is being reported.
And, if true, would mean that the estimated real death rate in the U.S. is 0.01246%
I'm telling ya, this whole thing is just the liberals going nuclear, they are putting all their eggs in this "corona-virus" basket, it's a last ditch effort to swing the election and every government agency is onboard, heck I bet there are liberals on this forum who will swear they have been hit on the head with a piece of falling sky.
Their plan is to destroy the economy and then blame it all on Trump. However, it's not going to work because the public approves of the way Trump is handling the epidemic.

Whose plan? Retard.

And the mortality rate is about 2%. Not that it matters when we start seeing 20k, 30k, 50k and more dead.

They started this overreactive hoax too soon.
In 3 months everything will be back. This needed to get started in about August when the damage would still be ongoing in November

They started this overreactive hoax too soon.
In 3 months everything will be back. This needed to get started in about August when the damage would still be ongoing in November

Gee, it's almost like it wasn't planned.

My concern after this is what will be the next attempt to inflict something dire and unnecessary o. America and are we setting a precedent to self cripple ourselelves anytime something comes our way?

My concern after this is what will be the next attempt to inflict something dire and unnecessary o. America and are we setting a precedent to self cripple ourselelves anytime something comes our way?

Right, the entire globe are a bunch of crisis actors.

Whose plan? Retard.

And the mortality rate is about 2%. Not that it matters when we start seeing 20k, 30k, 50k and more dead.
The plan of every TDS moron and the fake news media. They understand that these extreme lockdown policies are destroying the economy, and they are doing everything possible to accelerate it. That's why douchebags like you are in here exaggerating how deadly this virus is.

Whose plan? Retard.

The plan of every TDS moron and the fake news media. They understand that these extreme lockdown policies are destroying the economy, and they are doing everything possible to accelerate it. That's why douchebags like you are in here exaggerating how deadly this virus is.

Actually doing everything possible to flatten the curve so that those who do get it and need to be hospitalized will be able to do so. Maybe we should have started sooner.

The only people I'm listening to are the front line workers who are not only trying to save lives, but keep from getting sick themselves or infecting their family. A couple guys writing an academic paper this early into a pandemic without knowing the proper numbers is useless. Feel free to list the last time cities were forced to do the things going on right now.
You're not listening to anyone who contradicts the TDS fake news narrative designed to generate the maximum level of hysteria. Why would a nurse be more of an authority than someone who has done graduate studies in virology? No reason.

No one gives a shit about who you "listen to."

No, I'm listening to people that are ON THE FRONT LINES IN THE HOSPITALS, over people trying to crunch numbers that are changing every minute and almost 99.9% inaccurate. It would be like you writing a paper about how to build a racecar, but your only experience was watching the Fast and the Furious franchise. If no one cares what I listen to, then why the fuck did you reply to my post?

Whose plan? Retard.

Actually doing everything possible to flatten the curve so that those who do get it and need to be hospitalized will be able to do so. Maybe we should have started sooner.
Your real plan is to force people to stay home until the economy tanks.

Whose plan? Retard.

Nope.:rolleyes:

The only people I'm listening to are the front line workers who are not only trying to save lives, but keep from getting sick themselves or infecting their family. A couple guys writing an academic paper this early into a pandemic without knowing the proper numbers is useless. Feel free to list the last time cities were forced to do the things going on right now.
You're not listening to anyone who contradicts the TDS fake news narrative designed to generate the maximum level of hysteria. Why would a nurse be more of an authority than someone who has done graduate studies in virology? No reason.

No one gives a shit about who you "listen to."

No, I'm listening to people that are ON THE FRONT LINES IN THE HOSPITALS, over people trying to crunch numbers that are changing every minute and almost 99.9% inaccurate. It would be like you writing a paper about how to build a racecar, but your only experience was watching the Fast and the Furious franchise. If no one cares what I listen to, then why the fuck did you reply to my post?
How are the people "on the front lines" going to give you accurate numbers if they don't crunch numbers? What are they going to do, stick a finger up their ass and then give you a number based on how bad it smells?

The bottom line is that you're blowing hot gas out your ass. You don't want to know that your figures are bogus, so you come up with lame excuses for ignoring the facts. You're a classic TDS moron who believes feelings are more important than facts.

Then your plan is to kill as many Americans as possible to shield dear leader's ego. How disgusting of you.
The shutdown has to end at some point, and people are going to continue dieing afterwards. So tell us, when should that occur? Why aren't you to blame for every person who dies after your specified date? Are you going to tell us that we can't go back to work for 2 years?

Please enlighten us to the date.

Then your plan is to kill as many Americans as possible to shield dear leader's ego. How disgusting of you.
The shutdown has to end at some point, and people are going to continue dieing afterwards. So tell us, when should that occur? Why aren't you to blame for every person who dies after your specified date? Are you going to tell us that we can't go back to work for 2 years?

Please enlighten us to the date.

After we have mitigated it enough that the spike flattens some in both deaths and new cases. People will die from it forever, it will never go away.

As it stands the most optimistic estimates are 100,000 deaths from this in the US. The majority of those in the next 45 days. That is with all the precautions in place, it would be 10 times that high without them.

The shutdown has to end at some point, and people are going to continue dieing afterwards. So tell us, when should that occur?
Ask a scientist, grandma-killer.
ROFL! So anyone who disagrees with your timetable wants to kill your grandma, and you can't even say what that time table is.

Just admit that you're a douchebag who is demagoging this issue.

You aren't fooling anyone.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back