The Radical Right Wing Breitfart Site Caught Spreading Lies Once Again

Do you have any idea how often I've seen people site The Onion as a source for a story? I've seen it here on USMB, by both the left and the right, as well as "official" news agencies once or twice. It happens.

Didn't we get some threads here about Sarah Palin joining Al- Jazeera America courtesy of the The Onion? Even the Washington Post ran with that.

Several. There were some onion articles about Glenn Beck that the left was treating as serious too at about the same time.

Know what I think is funny about this whole thing? Krugman started getting calls and tweets when this first surfaced on Breitbart, but he decided to keep quiet and wait and see which right wing media machine was gonna put it out.

Face it.....................Breitbart got punked.

Breitbart deleted the story which was intended as satire and it was never posted. Media Matters obtained a copy and pretended it was real. The ignorant drooling left thought the story was real because they have a genetic predisposition to believe everything the propaganda media tells them to believe.

Breitbart fell for it as others have in the past. The difference this time around is that no retraction or apology was issued. Considering the source, that isn't surprising.

And it was real, there is a screen grab out there.

Cause no one can photoshop that!

262326544_conspiracy_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Why is it impossible for you right wingers to ever sack up and call out your propaganda masters for spreading outright lies? :eusa_think:

Do you have any idea how often I've seen people site The Onion as a source for a story? I've seen it here on USMB, by both the left and the right, as well as "official" news agencies once or twice. It happens.

Didn't we get some threads here about Sarah Palin joining Al- Jazeera America courtesy of the The Onion? Even the Washington Post ran with that.

Several. There were some onion articles about Glenn Beck that the left was treating as serious too at about the same time.

I called that one out in the thread started earlier today. Unlike you making excuses for breitbart. Photoshop, LOL!

Breitbart fell for it as others have in the past. The difference this time around is that no retraction or apology was issued. Considering the source, that isn't surprising.

Cause no one can photoshop that!

262326544_conspiracy_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Why is it impossible for you right wingers to ever sack up and call out your propaganda masters for spreading outright lies? :eusa_think:

because you have an incredibly low standard for "Beyond a reasonable doubt" when it comes to so non-existent right-wing "Propaganda masters" and an incredibly high standard when it comes Left wing propaganda. Because you are two faced hypocritcal pieces of trash who yell and scream futile attacks with the flimisiest of evidence and then bend over forwards and backwards to defend clear cut bullcrap from your rulers.

You've got nothing but an accusation about a story that surprise surprise isnt on the site. And statements from Krugman who is a documented liar who knows exactly how to get the people who aren't thinking to do exactly what he wants.

we don't call our our propaganda masters because we don't have masters. We are our own masters. We do this radical thing called "thinking" where we look at evidence and ask questions. We don't immediate accept the first line of crap someone feeds us.

The Left's media outlets are more subtle with their lies. While the Right manufactures more outright bullshit than the Left, the Left has a tendency to commit lies of omission more frequently than the Right.

These days, there are are few sources I don't automatically mistrust.

When legislation is at issue, it is far better to read it for yourself. It also helps to actually know how the government works.

When someone is copying and pasting a story making the rounds, it is better to track it down to the original source.

I don't know why people on this forum link to web sites which are clearly not the original source of a story. When you are copying a link, and in the story it says "according to" such-and-such other site, why not link to that?

Linking to Breitbart or Huffpost or the Daily Caller or CNS News screams, "I'm a piss drinker!"

Examples please?

Breitbart deleted the story which was intended as satire and it was never posted. Media Matters obtained a copy and pretended it was real. The ignorant drooling left thought the story was real because they have a genetic predisposition to believe everything the propaganda media tells them to believe.

You need to stop lying to yourself.

Breitfart was caught red handed spreading outright lies again and pulled it like the pussies they are without issuing an apology.

Ok..I see now that you are a left wing extremist kook. You are dismissed as such.
Adieu.

I called that one out in the thread started earlier today. Unlike you making excuses for breitbart. Photoshop, LOL!

What thread earlier today? This was months ago.

Excuses for what? You haven't proven anything. And if you had, it would be that they were duped, not that intentionally trying to push propaganda.

All you have cited is a screen shot as if those are 100% perfect. I have the audacity to actually point that out and you act like ive committed some unpardonable sin by questioning your evidence.

Your evidence sucks. You know it. The story isn't on the website. You haven't proved anyone was lying about anything.

Why is it you have crappy evidence like this and you blindly believe it. But we can show the President blatantly contradicting himself in lies and you circle the wagons to protect the man?

Excuses for what? You haven't proven anything. And if you had, it would be that they were duped, not that intentionally trying to push propaganda.

All you have cited is a screen shot as if those are 100% perfect. I have the audacity to actually point that out and you act like ive committed some unpardonable sin by questioning your evidence.

Your evidence sucks. You know it. The story isn't on the website. You haven't proved anyone was lying about anything.

Why is it you have crappy evidence like this and you blindly believe it. But we can show the President blatantly contradicting himself in lies and you circle the wagons to protect the man?

There was a thread earlier today about the Palin Al Jazeera non-story. I actually posted in that thread that the OP was duped. I also said that they shouldn't worry as breitbart was duped as well in reference to this story.

What are we going to have besides a screen shot? Do you actually think breitbart is going to leave up an embarrassing non-story?

Speaking of weak evidence and blindly believing in it.

You're going to see Romney go up even more.

It's not going to be close. Romney is going to win big time. At least 319

And here's some evidence for you, from the twitter of the breitbart editor who posted the article. https://twitter.com/LarryOConnor/status/311091735285616640

Last edited:
Breitbart thought a satire article was real. So what. It's not like they were fooled by the Onion.

Breitbart was started by a fool.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILZQSmE5Uu0]Andrew Breitbart "STOP RAPING PEOPLE" "BEHAVE YOURSELF" meltdown @ CPAC - YouTube[/ame]

And it remains, foolish.

There was a thread earlier today about the Palin Al Jazeera non-story. I actually posted in that thread that the OP was duped. I also said that they shouldn't worry as breitbart was duped as well in reference to this story.

What are we going to have besides a screen shot? Do you actually think breitbart is going to leave up an embarrassing non-story?

And here's some evidence for you, from the twitter of the breitbart editor who posted the article. https://twitter.com/LarryOConnor/status/311091735285616640

Alright, Im going to assume he is telling the truth, how does that in anyway support the original post? The editor who posted the article thought it was correct, found it it wasn't and took it down. That's spreading lies? Sounds like being responsible when finding a mistake.

Breitbart thought a satire article was real. So what. It's not like they were fooled by the Onion.

Breitbart was started by a fool.

And it remains, foolish.

Holy crap! I didn't know that Brietbart was started by certain left wing members of our boards! I thought it was started by Brietbart. I guess we learn something every day:)

Alright, Im going to assume he is telling the truth, how does that in anyway support the original post? The editor who posted the article thought it was correct, found it it wasn't and took it down. That's spreading lies? Sounds like being responsible when finding a mistake.

Maybe post a retraction or apology? Whatever, I'm not really all that interested in the story. I just find it funny that people were jumping to defend breitbart, especially when they had no issue hitting up another news outlet that made the same mistake last month.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journa...r-Hoax-Palin-Story-Palin-Hits-Back-on-Twitter

Last edited:

It wasn't posted by Breitbart. There is no reason for them to apologize. It was a trash find by Media Matters and they posted it. Media Matters should apologize.

Hey Avatar! This is the moment when you start dodging.

Are you saying thinkprogress photoshopped that screen grab? Yes or no?

I don't know what kind of person besides perhaps a brainwashed subhuman that would ever take the breitfart site seriously, but unfortunately there are many of those among us.

This one is downright hysterical what the propaganda site is spreading now,..

"Breitbart.com’s Big Journalism website on Monday fell for a fake report on a satire website which claimed that Nobel Price-winning economist had filed for bankruptcy.

Business Insider reported that Big Journalism’s Larry O’Connor ran with the satirical report from The Daily Currant in an effort to smear Krugman.

Krugman took to his New York Times blog on Monday to explain that he had been “Breaitbarted” and reminded readers that Breitbart.com had also recently published a false story linking Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to the non-existent group “Friends of Hamas.”

“I wanted to wait and see which right-wing media outlets would fall for the hoax,” Krugman wrote. “And Breitbart.com came through!”

Breitbart uses satire website to smear Krugman with false bankruptcy report | The Raw Story

Liberals rip Breitbart.com for false report based on erroneous Boston Globe article | Twitchy

I don't know if you can blame both sides. I linked to this story once because I thought it was funny and did such an incredible job of mocking how right wingers view what they imagine the Constitution says and right wingers insisted I believed it was a "real" piece of journalism. Clearly, it's satire and yet they insist I took it as "literal". It even says, "Onion" top and center. And still, to this day, they insist I believed it as "real" journalism.

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Forum List

Back