The Radical Right Wing Breitfart Site Caught Spreading Lies Once Again

Black_Label

Registered Democrat
Jun 20, 2012
I don't know what kind of person besides perhaps a brainwashed subhuman that would ever take the breitfart site seriously, but unfortunately there are many of those among us.

This one is downright hysterical what the propaganda site is spreading now,..

"Breitbart.com’s Big Journalism website on Monday fell for a fake report on a satire website which claimed that Nobel Price-winning economist had filed for bankruptcy.

Business Insider reported that Big Journalism’s Larry O’Connor ran with the satirical report from The Daily Currant in an effort to smear Krugman.

Krugman took to his New York Times blog on Monday to explain that he had been “Breaitbarted” and reminded readers that Breitbart.com had also recently published a false story linking Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to the non-existent group “Friends of Hamas.”

“I wanted to wait and see which right-wing media outlets would fall for the hoax,” Krugman wrote. “And Breitbart.com came through!”

Breitbart uses satire website to smear Krugman with false bankruptcy report | The Raw Story

lol, radical right wing..

let me guess, mediamatters? thinkprogress? I can't see the Op..can't take all the stupid

It is simply astonishing to me that fact-checking is nearly extinct in both journalism and in the copy-and-paste mentalities we see so prevalent on this forum. Mindless parroting without a lick of common sense or critical thinking.

Propaganda outlets like Breitbart will destroy themselves from within.

Paul Krugman Bankruptcy Story False, Spreads - Business Insider

Krugman responded to the mix-up this morning, writing on his blog that he knew of the fake news item and was asked about it by a Russian television station. He wrote that he did not address it on his blog because he "wanted to wait and see which right-wing media outlets would fall for the hoax."

"Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go give a lavishly paid speech to Friends of Hamas," Krugman quipped

:lol:

REPORTER: Hey, boss, I just heard a really juicy story that commie Paul Krugman filed for bankruptcy!

BREITBART EDITOR: Did you check the bankruptcy court filings?

REPORTER: No.

BREITBART EDITOR: Did you speak with Krugman?

BREITBART EDITOR: Did you speak with the person who originated the story?

BREITBART EDITOR: How do you know it is true?

REPORTER: Because I want it to be.

BREITBART EDITOR: Attaboy! Run it!

Last edited:
Do you have any idea how often I've seen people site The Onion as a source for a story? I've seen it here on USMB, by both the left and the right, as well as "official" news agencies once or twice. It happens.

I'm not sure it's much different. In the 1920's, the fear of asians. ESPN had an hour long show on Roberto Clemente, and I was reminded how he was branded "lazy" because he had a serious injury history stemming from a car wreck, and Hank Aaron was viewed in the same way.

Today, there's just a segment of society that views itself as victim and beset upon by factors outside its control. Philosophically liberal people like FDR, JFK and Reagan tend to dispell this and preach optimism. Obama of course is the face of the right's greatest fear.

And the left had it's own conspiracy theorists in the 70s. We went into vietnam to secure oil .... which of course might have had credence had we done it 2003 ... of course the genius's of 2003 got their starts defending that previous debacle.

It is simply astonishing to me that fact-checking is nearly extinct in both journalism and in the copy-and-paste mentalities we see so prevalent on this forum. Mindless parroting without a lick of common sense or critical thinking.

This is my exact complaint about many conservatives. We don't check our facts, and when we don't, stuff like this happens. No one will take us seriously when we tell the truth if we are not checking our facts NOW.

This is my exact complaint about many conservatives. We don't check our facts, and when we don't, stuff like this happens. No one will take us seriously when we tell the truth if we are not checking our facts NOW.

And you don't have this complaint about liberals?

Now, that is funny.

And you don't have this complaint about liberals?

Now, that is funny.

They don't spread outright lies unlike the right wing propaganda machine.

I don't know what kind of person besides perhaps a brainwashed subhuman that would ever take the breitfart site seriously, but unfortunately there are many of those among us.

This one is downright hysterical what the propaganda site is spreading now,..

"Breitbart.com’s Big Journalism website on Monday fell for a fake report on a satire website which claimed that Nobel Price-winning economist had filed for bankruptcy.

Business Insider reported that Big Journalism’s Larry O’Connor ran with the satirical report from The Daily Currant in an effort to smear Krugman.

Krugman took to his New York Times blog on Monday to explain that he had been “Breaitbarted” and reminded readers that Breitbart.com had also recently published a false story linking Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to the non-existent group “Friends of Hamas.”

“I wanted to wait and see which right-wing media outlets would fall for the hoax,” Krugman wrote. “And Breitbart.com came through!”

Breitbart uses satire website to smear Krugman with false bankruptcy report | The Raw Story

Breitbart reports the facts. Only the facts. The problem you libs have is the facts usually uncover or expose liberalism for the scourge that it is.

Breitbart reports the facts. Only the facts. The problem you libs have is the facts usually uncover or expose liberalism for the scourge that it is.

And if we don't believe you, we can just ask the Friends of Hamas.

Do you have any idea how often I've seen people site The Onion as a source for a story? I've seen it here on USMB, by both the left and the right, as well as "official" news agencies once or twice. It happens.

The snag here is anonymous message board posters don’t claim to be a legitimate news service.

Breitbart does.

Forum List

Back