So if the “stranger” used a RPG to take out the rapists car....we should just pat him on the back

So if the “stranger” used a RPG to take out the rapists car....we should just pat him on the back

You would object to that if it saved your daughters life?

Do you really want to look like a Monster?

I guess it's your choice, but you look kind of creepy by doing so.

Maybe more interesting is you avoiding the two questions posed? Why would you? No courage of your convictions? Or is it possible that you have no real argument with the stance of the NRA?

Criminals buy guns legally all the time
Especially like when, with Nicholas Cruz, they have Obama's PROMISE Program, to shield criminals, and keep them from being arrested, and keep their crime record hidden, and unavilable to gun store clerks.

As a society, we need rules of how we act

Yes, if you use an illegal weapon to defend yourself or someone else, you get prosecuted

The end justifies the means is not a defense

Yes, if you use an illegal weapon to defend yourself or someone else, you get prosecuted

Let me get this straight:

Even though, as a society we know that criminals don't adhere to laws. In my scenario, the punishment that the criminal actors face is life in prison or the death penalty, and still they act.

To continue:

You support the prosecution of the man who saved your daughters life? Prepare to live a life of scorn by her, your family and the community at large. But the rapist/murderers will likely seek your support in their civil suit against the hero who saved her life.

It does when the law supports the criminal and makes victims more vulnerable to them. The end (especially in the defense of the weak) most certainly does justify the means, in the defense of life, is highly defensible.

Maybe more interesting is you avoiding the two questions posed? Why would you? No courage of your convictions? Or is it possible that you have no real argument with the stance of the NRA?
She doesn't have children.

And no empathy as well I take it.

And no empathy as well I take it.
How could she? She's pure fantasy.

Even though, as a society we know that criminals don't adhere to laws. In my scenario, the punishment that the criminal actors face is life in prison or the death penalty, and still they act.

To continue:

You support the prosecution of the man who saved your daughters life? Prepare to live a life of scorn by her, your family and the community at large. But the rapist/murderers will likely seek your support in their civil suit against the hero who saved her life.

It does when the law supports the criminal and makes victims more vulnerable to them. The end (especially in the defense of the weak) most certainly does justify the means, in the defense of life, is highly defensible.
We, as a society, have laws

If you break the law, you are subject to prosecution
In your example of using an illegal weapon to save someone, you still broke the law
It is up to a judge to determine mitigating circumstances at sentencing

To continue:

In your example of using an illegal weapon to save someone, you still broke the law

Here is the question you answered with a Yes:

the Stranger was arrested for the use of the weapon that possibly saved your daughters life, would you support his arrest and prosecution for owning an illegal weapon

You said you would support the arrest and prosecution of the person who saved your daughters life.

Your answer, not mine. You are either a heartless bastard or a political tool. Which is it?

To continue:

the Stranger was arrested for the use of the weapon that possibly saved your daughters life, would you support his arrest and prosecution for owning an illegal weapon

You said you would support the arrest and prosecution of the person who saved your daughters life.

Your answer, not mine. You are either a heartless bastard or a political tool. Which is it?
Absolutely he should be arrested and prosecuted
That is why we have laws

Like I said, a judge may have latitude to reduce or dismiss the sentence, but the laws must be enforced

To continue:

That is why we have laws

Like I said, a judge may have latitude to reduce or dismiss the sentence, but the laws must be enforced

Good to know that you fully support the arrest and conviction of the Man who saved your daughters life. All I needed to know. Now if were me, I would organize rallies in support of the Man and do whatever necessary to, first, see no arrest was made, and second, should I fail in the first, rally the citizens to support his release.

But that's me, his freedom would be of more value than my hatred for a group like the NRA.

To continue:

That is why we have laws

Good to know that you fully support the arrest and conviction of the Man who saved your daughters life. All I needed to know. Now if were me, I would organize rallies in support of the Man and do whatever necessary to, first, see no arrest was made, and second, should I fail in the first, rally the citizens to support his release.

But that's me, his freedom would be of more value than my hatred for a group like the NRA.
I support our laws

As a father, I would appear before the judge and recommend the charges be dismissed but the law still stands

Using your first amendment rights to advocate his release is justified

To continue:

That is why we have laws

I support our laws

As a father, I would appear before the judge and recommend the charges be dismissed but the law still stands

Your trying to have it both ways. The question was clear, "would you support the arrest and prosecution of the man who saved your daughters life"

Clearly you want the Man, who saved your daughters life to suffer the consequences of doing such. He is being made an example of before the world. I on the other hand would wish that an example be made TO THE CRIMINAL ELEMENT that we care far more about those who protect the weak USING ANY MEANS NECESSARY, then we do the criminal.

I have posed this question, in various forms, to those that advocate banning certain weapons and those that want "common sense" regulations and restrictions on guns, and have yet to have had it answered by any.

I'll start with the scenario and the question to see if starting a thread on it will illicit an answer:

You receive a call from your daughter, she tells you that she was being assaulted by a group of Men that have overpowered her. She feared she would be raped or murdered and yelled for help. A stranger heard her calls for help and arrived with a gun and chased off the assailants.

Now the question:

Would you, the Father of the victim of this assault, care if the gun that the Stranger used was legal for him to own?

Second question:

If the Stranger was arrested for the use of the weapon that possibly saved your daughters life, would you support his arrest and prosecution for owning an illegal weapon?

We can also discuss why the left have refused to answer the questions.

They are both stupid questions. That is why.

I have posed this question, in various forms, to those that advocate banning certain weapons and those that want "common sense" regulations and restrictions on guns, and have yet to have had it answered by any.

I'll start with the scenario and the question to see if starting a thread on it will illicit an answer:

You receive a call from your daughter, she tells you that she was being assaulted by a group of Men that have overpowered her. She feared she would be raped or murdered and yelled for help. A stranger heard her calls for help and arrived with a gun and chased off the assailants.

Now the question:

Would you, the Father of the victim of this assault, care if the gun that the Stranger used was legal for him to own?

Second question:

If the Stranger was arrested for the use of the weapon that possibly saved your daughters life, would you support his arrest and prosecution for owning an illegal weapon?

1. Guns are already all around us and I wouldn't mind if some good person used an illegal gun to save someones life.

2. Fuck no. I'd give him a medal and throw a fucking parade.

That is why we have laws

I support our laws

Your trying to have it both ways. The question was clear, "would you support the arrest and prosecution of the man who saved your daughters life"

Clearly you want the Man, who saved your daughters life to suffer the consequences of doing such. He is being made an example of before the world. I on the other hand would wish that an example be made TO THE CRIMINAL ELEMENT that we care far more about those who protect the weak USING ANY MEANS NECESSARY, then we do the criminal.

If you have an illegal gun, you broke the law
You broke the law before you saved my daughter

While I would advocate for no sentence, I would not advocate that the law be ignored

Now the question:

Second question:

No and no. Answered, pussy.

Good to know that you understand that guns are an excellent way to fight crime and the state has no compelling reason to take away a necessary weapon from law abiding citizens! You realize, you agree with the NRA, right?
The greatest argument against gun control in the U.S. is that it’s too late. You nuts have flooded the country with 400 million guns, making it easier for a criminal to get a gun here than anywhere in the world. Fuck the NRA.

You agree with the stance of the NRA.

You additionally should have noticed that I made no mention of the assailants having guns, did I? YOU went off the nut and went crazy about some requirement that criminals need guns to overpower the weak. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

A gun has never been, and never will be a requirement for the strong to overpower the weak, but a gun is the best weapon for the weak to defend themselves from the strong.

You appear to be quit naive.

If one believes that all men are created equal, that we are endowed by our creator certain unalienable rights, AMONGST them life, liberty, and property.
Then one has to believe that we are endowed with the right to protect our life, liberty, and property by any means possible.

The second amendment merely recognizes the unalienable right of every person to bear arms.

Reread the USC, bro.

Forum List

Back