I have posed this question, in various forms, to those that advocate banning certain weapons and those that want "common sense" regulations and restrictions on guns, and have yet to have had it answered by any.

I'll start with the scenario and the question to see if starting a thread on it will illicit an answer:

You receive a call from your daughter, she tells you that she was being assaulted by a group of Men that have overpowered her. She feared she would be raped or murdered and yelled for help. A stranger heard her calls for help and arrived with a gun and chased off the assailants.

Now the question:

Would you, the Father of the victim of this assault, care if the gun that the Stranger used was legal for him to own?

Second question:

If the Stranger was arrested for the use of the weapon that possibly saved your daughters life, would you support his arrest and prosecution for owning an illegal weapon?

We can also discuss why the left have refused to answer the questions.

They are both stupid questions. That is why.

Then they should be easy for a Rocket Scientist like you to answer, right?

I have posed this question, in various forms, to those that advocate banning certain weapons and those that want "common sense" regulations and restrictions on guns, and have yet to have had it answered by any.

I'll start with the scenario and the question to see if starting a thread on it will illicit an answer:

You receive a call from your daughter, she tells you that she was being assaulted by a group of Men that have overpowered her. She feared she would be raped or murdered and yelled for help. A stranger heard her calls for help and arrived with a gun and chased off the assailants.

Now the question:

Would you, the Father of the victim of this assault, care if the gun that the Stranger used was legal for him to own?

Second question:

If the Stranger was arrested for the use of the weapon that possibly saved your daughters life, would you support his arrest and prosecution for owning an illegal weapon?

I know you think you're being all smart and shit by threading a needle here but you're just painting yourself and a big chunk of the right as dense hypocrites.

I'm going to make 4 statements here. First, To answer your question in this unknown probability anecdotal circumstance, I'd be thankful to the dude with gun regardless of his status or the guns status because he potentially saved my daughter's life or at least saved her from a severely traumatizing assault. The left are human beings and your thought that this is some trap of a question where we can't answer shows your black dishonest soul on full display. Part 2, if he was actually crazy and shouldn't have a gun then I could support taking it away after the fact or potentially support punishment if something illegal happened with it. One incident where he saved the day couldn't offset any previous ones where he may have terrorized people or any future ones where the body of data we have show he'd be a threat to others. It's not up to me though. I'm not going to go nuts trying to enforce something on him if I feel the process was deliberated by sound minded legal authorities. If he stole the gun earlier in an unrelated incident, then yes punish away. There's a lot of possibility which leads me to statement 2.

The right uses anecdotes as a crutch in the gun debate when it suits them, but then screams about probability when it doesnt. Make up your mind. One can't live in fear and hence need to carry a gun everywhere expecting ISIS or a thug to drop out of a tree or something, then turn and say school shootings are a miniscule probability so we shouldn't do anything about them.

Third, your questions hinge on emotional appeal. The fact that it's my daughter is supposed to make me change my mind about some aspect of the situation. Emotional. From the guys who claim to be the stalwart logicians while the left are emotional wet blankets. That's the second example of hypocracy.

Fourth, anecdotes are only an example of what's possible. Without a scope of the possibility on the whole distribution, it's not as useful as the invoker would think. Getting mugged at gun point is going to have varying degrees of likelihood based on many choices and circumstantial probabilities. Same thing with school shootings or terrorist attacks. Same thing with accidental gun deaths. Which are you going to hedge your bet on if you don't know how likely they are to happen? Gun data has been pretty bad for a while but I read that some agency is able to research it again recently so maybe we will have better stuff to argue over soon.

Now the question:

Second question:

I didn't say they were "easy" questions. I said that they were stupid questions.

Will you answer any question I ask you with a "yes" or "no"?

Here is the question you answered with a Yes:

You said you would support the arrest and prosecution of the person who saved your daughters life.

Your answer, not mine. You are either a heartless bastard or a political tool. Which is it?
Absolutely he should be arrested and prosecuted
That is why we have laws

Like I said, a judge may have latitude to reduce or dismiss the sentence, but the laws must be enforced

Good to know that you fully support the arrest and conviction of the Man who saved your daughters life. All I needed to know. Now if were me, I would organize rallies in support of the Man and do whatever necessary to, first, see no arrest was made, and second, should I fail in the first, rally the citizens to support his release.

But that's me, his freedom would be of more value than my hatred for a group like the NRA.
I support our laws

As a father, I would appear before the judge and recommend the charges be dismissed but the law still stands

Using your first amendment rights to advocate his release is justified

Your trying to have it both ways. The question was clear, "would you support the arrest and prosecution of the man who saved your daughters life"

Clearly you want the Man, who saved your daughters life to suffer the consequences of doing such. He is being made an example of before the world. I on the other hand would wish that an example be made TO THE CRIMINAL ELEMENT that we care far more about those who protect the weak USING ANY MEANS NECESSARY, then we do the criminal.

If you have an illegal gun, you broke the law
You broke the law before you saved my daughter

While I would advocate for no sentence, I would not advocate that the law be ignored

Felony conviction = Loss of Professional licenses, loss of future income, loss of right to vote, loss of right to own firearms, reduced availability of educational opportunities, and the list goes on and on.

And for what? Saving a human life?

How very noble of ya!

Now the question:

Second question:

I didn't say they were "easy" questions. I said that they were stupid questions.

Start a thread, if I chime in, then we will see. I will assure you I won't pussy out should I opt in.

Now the question:

Second question:

Start a thread, if I chime in, then we will see. I will assure you I won't pussy out should I opt in.

Nope. You just did pussy out. You won't answer any question I ask. You must be a pussy.

Now the question:

Second question:

Did I ask anyone to simply answer Yes or No without explanation as to the answer? If you think so you obviously have not been following this thread.

Now the question:

Second question:

Nope. You just did pussy out. You won't answer any question I ask. You must be a pussy.

Hijack someone else's thread. You got your answer, not once, but twice twinkie.

He should of called 911. Who says this is reality, but then the gun lovers do not like reality.

If you were one being raped, while waiting for the police, you should enjoy the rape.

Support your local rapists I guess?

Where you get that from? The answer is to Penelope's comment. Stop being smart ass and read both before you troll.

It was not meant to indicate your support of the rapists, it was meant to support your comment. Why wait for the Police to show up, when it's to late, when you can take action yourself.

Now the question:

Second question:

/——/ No and yes.

Absolutely he should be arrested and prosecuted
That is why we have laws

Like I said, a judge may have latitude to reduce or dismiss the sentence, but the laws must be enforced

Good to know that you fully support the arrest and conviction of the Man who saved your daughters life. All I needed to know. Now if were me, I would organize rallies in support of the Man and do whatever necessary to, first, see no arrest was made, and second, should I fail in the first, rally the citizens to support his release.

But that's me, his freedom would be of more value than my hatred for a group like the NRA.
I support our laws

As a father, I would appear before the judge and recommend the charges be dismissed but the law still stands

Using your first amendment rights to advocate his release is justified

Your trying to have it both ways. The question was clear, "would you support the arrest and prosecution of the man who saved your daughters life"

Clearly you want the Man, who saved your daughters life to suffer the consequences of doing such. He is being made an example of before the world. I on the other hand would wish that an example be made TO THE CRIMINAL ELEMENT that we care far more about those who protect the weak USING ANY MEANS NECESSARY, then we do the criminal.

If you have an illegal gun, you broke the law
You broke the law before you saved my daughter

While I would advocate for no sentence, I would not advocate that the law be ignored

Felony conviction = Loss of Professional licenses, loss of future income, loss of right to vote, loss of right to own firearms, reduced availability of educational opportunities, and the list goes on and on.

And for what? Saving a human life?

How very noble of ya!
If you own illegal weapons you are taking a risk
You are choosing to break the law on the assumption your weapon will never be found

If it is found in the trunk of your car, in your house after a fire or even after you use it to save someone.......you are still subject to prosecution

He should of called 911. Who says this is reality, but then the gun lovers do not like reality.

If you were one being raped, while waiting for the police, you should enjoy the rape.

Support your local rapists I guess?

Where you get that from? The answer is to Penelope's comment. Stop being smart ass and read both before you troll.

It was not meant to indicate your support of the rapists, it was meant to support your comment. Why wait for the Police to show up, when it's to late, when you can take action yourself.

We all have preferences. I guess that Penelope would rather get raped, just no guns, please.

Now the question:

Second question:

You receive a call from your daughter. Your granddaughter was just shot to dearth by the little boy next door who got a hold of her father's gun.

Hijack someone else's thread. You got your answer, not once, but twice twinkie.

Did ya report me yet?

You come home to find your daughter having lunch with some middle aged dude you don't know in a clown suit . You ask
what's going on and your daughter says "Daddy...this man saved me from getting raped and possibly murdered by two men
who broke into the house!! Luckily, he was walking by at just the right moment and he had that big sledge hammer with him!""
Being a dad, your first move is to grab for your phone to call 911....maybe they can catch the guys! Your daughter says.."Oh NO daddy!!
Don't call the police!! They are looking for this man. He is the one who's been killing little boys all over town. I PROMISED him that we wouldn't
call the police!!"

What are ya gonna do, genius? Call or no call?

Now the question:

Second question:

I know you think you're being all smart and shit by threading a needle here but you're just painting yourself and a big chunk of the right as dense hypocrites.

I'm going to make 4 statements here. First, To answer your question in this unknown probability anecdotal circumstance, I'd be thankful to the dude with gun regardless of his status or the guns status because he potentially saved my daughter's life or at least saved her from a severely traumatizing assault. The left are human beings and your thought that this is some trap of a question where we can't answer shows your black dishonest soul on full display. Part 2, if he was actually crazy and shouldn't have a gun then I could support taking it away after the fact or potentially support punishment if something illegal happened with it. One incident where he saved the day couldn't offset any previous ones where he may have terrorized people or any future ones where the body of data we have show he'd be a threat to others. It's not up to me though. I'm not going to go nuts trying to enforce something on him if I feel the process was deliberated by sound minded legal authorities. If he stole the gun earlier in an unrelated incident, then yes punish away. There's a lot of possibility which leads me to statement 2.

The right uses anecdotes as a crutch in the gun debate when it suits them, but then screams about probability when it doesnt. Make up your mind. One can't live in fear and hence need to carry a gun everywhere expecting ISIS or a thug to drop out of a tree or something, then turn and say school shootings are a miniscule probability so we shouldn't do anything about them.

Third, your questions hinge on emotional appeal. The fact that it's my daughter is supposed to make me change my mind about some aspect of the situation. Emotional. From the guys who claim to be the stalwart logicians while the left are emotional wet blankets. That's the second example of hypocracy.

Fourth, anecdotes are only an example of what's possible. Without a scope of the possibility on the whole distribution, it's not as useful as the invoker would think. Getting mugged at gun point is going to have varying degrees of likelihood based on many choices and circumstantial probabilities. Same thing with school shootings or terrorist attacks. Same thing with accidental gun deaths. Which are you going to hedge your bet on if you don't know how likely they are to happen? Gun data has been pretty bad for a while but I read that some agency is able to research it again recently so maybe we will have better stuff to argue over soon.

Thank you for the response:

1. You would be supportive of the individual that saved your daughters life. ANYONE SHOULD BE!

then you make some leaps:

a. "If" he was actually crazy you would support the gun being taken away, but you would be glad he had it, right? But that begs the question of the next time he, or another just as crazy as him, coming across the same situation leaving as to avoid the State that might remove his rights. Not a good example to make to the general population.

b. A felon in possession of a gun is a leap as I don't think this guy would stick around long enough for authorities to arrive. Making this assumption is simply justifying your position, which is exactly what you accuse me of doing. The leap was not necessary, but you went there.

My question is based on emotion? You can make that claim I guess, but it doesn't really matter. My questions were used to find the true motive behind the gun control movement. Do as I say, not as I do.

The example was of the weak being victimized by the strong and how, in many cases, the gun is the great equalizer. Removal of that equalization often times creates more victims. We see that in England where they banned these tools that make the weak equal to the strong. Instead of reducing violence and murder, those rates have increased. The weak became subjugated to the strong. The desired effect failed.

See how far you had to wonder to get to a point, that point being living in fear.

Reality is that the strong criminal will prey on the weak nearly EVERY TIME. It is only those that are prepared for these confrontations, and successfully repel them, often times by the use of a weapon, that keeps these criminals in check. If these same individuals were reliant on waiting on police, many more would die or endure rape or robbery each year.

It's not fear, it's preparedness for reality, that makes so many carry weapons.

The reality is that the good Samaritan did what we all hope that we all would do and was prepared to do it using whatever was necessary to get the job done regardless if it was State Sanctioned or not.

Gun restrictions and bans are based on the naive notion that criminals actually give a crap about the law, but they limit the law abiding citizen from reacting to those that break the law as they please.

They embolden the criminal and subjugate the weak.

Forum List

Back