The Pushback in Illinois Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pritzker lost a lot of the downstaters when he pointed to data that 2 of the 5 counties with the highest mortality rates per capita in Illinois were downstate, rural areas.

What he neglected to mention was that in both cases this was due to outbreaks at nursing homes. Removing those clusters brought those counties in line with the rest of their immediate areas, with low numbers of infections and deaths.

People are catching on that he is using the data as necessary to paint the picture he wants, instead of presenting the unvarnished truth. That is absolutely not OK in this situation.

His evasiveness in general in press conferences is starting become evident, as he dodges questions or simply refuses to answer them. He is losing trust and local officials in this and other areas are taking matters into their own hands as it has become clear that he will shift the goalposts and fiddle with the numbers however necessary to justify his actions.

If they want their freedom, they can pay for it.

You might want to take a step back and rationally think about what you just said, Komrade

Rationally, those who take a more cavalier attitude will have higher medical consequences. Who should pay for those consequences?
what law is being broken is the first question you could answer?
Emergency declarations regarding closures and social distancing.

This should be obvious even to you.

You might want to take a step back and rationally think about what you just said, Komrade

Rationally, those who take a more cavalier attitude will have higher medical consequences. Who should pay for those consequences?

that isn't a law. we are a country of laws. or didn't you know that? tell me where it says they can just do that in the first amendment. here is that amendment.

First Amendment
The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government.

The mayor should then be on the hook for all resulting medical bills.

Obama and Fauci should be! They paid the ChiComs to develop Covid
Total nonsense. You guys really just repeat anything you’re told, don’t you?
repeating who?
Any number of super-spreaders. On this one, I’m going to guess Rudy Giuliani.

In this case it would seem that no law is being broken. Pritzker's authority ended at the 30-day mark as per the Illinois Constitution, which grants him 30 days. He is now relying on local officials to enforce his extension.

His own attorney's office issued a memo questioning the legality of the extension, expressed concern about lawsuits, and opined that this was why he has used the language he has.

"It appears Article V does not give Pritzker powers to suspend constitutional rights, nor to organize the militia to enforce laws or suppress insurrection, and Robinson notes, this may be why the governor took the position that local law enforcement is responsible for administering his rules outlined in the executive order."

“My research leaves me less than confident that a reviewing court will hold that the governor has the authority close businesses, bar attendance at church services and assemblies in excess of ten citizens (particularly if they are assembling to redress grievances)," Robinson said. "From a strict enforcement standpoint, although well-intentioned on an emergency basis, the [executive order] is very broad and does not appear to meet strict scrutiny, this is not to mention the [executive order] appears to be beyond the framework of the specific act it cites as support.”

This is also likely why East Peoria was/is free to do this and he likely cannot/will not do anything about it. Other counties and communities have also said they will not enforce, and still others are first asking for a release from this extension before going their own way, including DuPage county, directly adjacent to Cook/Chicago, which sent a letter to Pritzker asking for same.

He was asked about this during yesterday's press conference and whether he would step in to stop East Peoria from opening. Instead of answering the question with a simple yes/no he said he thought that they were taking on potential liability by doing so and moved on.

Obama and Fauci should be! They paid the ChiComs to develop Covid
Total nonsense. You guys really just repeat anything you’re told, don’t you?
repeating who?
Any number of super-spreaders. On this one, I’m going to guess Rudy Giuliani.
name one and what they are saying that's wrong? why can't you? you said we were repeating. Me, I'm giving you my feelings and interpretation of the constitution of the USA. And until you can show me in the first amendment that says a governor has the right to remove that right, I'll shut up.

that isn't a law. we are a country of laws. or didn't you know that? tell me where it says they can just do that in the first amendment. here is that amendment.

First Amendment
The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government.

On the day that the USA was shut down at least 100,000,000 Americans had or already recovered from covid19. The reality is that over 90 percent have no or very few symptoms. My entire family was infected and no one needed a doctor. Just how it is kid

Maybe you should mind your own fucking business and let people assess their own risks and live their lives.
I’d love too but the thing is that it’s not just their lives. It’s a communicable disease and they put their community at risk by taking risks themselves.

And that’s not to mention that these communities are sure as shit going to be relying on state and federal resources to pay for the medical care they’re going to be needing.
You are surrounded by communicable diseases.

First Amendment
Where does it say that governors can shut down churches and not restrict but eliminate religion completely?

First Amendment
quote the part you think applies.

Maybe you should mind your own fucking business and let people assess their own risks and live their lives.
I’d love too but the thing is that it’s not just their lives. It’s a communicable disease and they put their community at risk by taking risks themselves.

And that’s not to mention that these communities are sure as shit going to be relying on state and federal resources to pay for the medical care they’re going to be needing.
You are surrounded by communicable diseases.
why we are the species we are, our immune systems adapt. we're like coach roaches. In fact, staying inside away from disease and bacteria, makes us vulnerable. VULNERABLE

First Amendment
quote the part you think applies.
Please do not ask him to think, he might blow a fuse

On the day that the USA was shut down at least 100,000,000 Americans had or already recovered from covid19. The reality is that over 90 percent have no or very few symptoms. My entire family was infected and no one needed a doctor. Just how it is kid
I agree.

First Amendment
Where does it say that governors can shut down churches and not restrict but eliminate religion completely?
or close businesses or keep people locked in their homes. it doesn't.

we already do a.hole it's called UUSE YOUR TAX DOLLARS DUMBASS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back