The Push to Censor Half of America is ON!!!!!

iceberg said:
news media sites are no longer news but ammo for one side to fire at the other. how in the name of god is that healthy OR what we want? no "platform" should be able to tell us all what the TRUTH is. no publisher either. we should be allowed to decide that for ourselves WITHOUT harassment.

coyote said:
I disagree. No GOVERNMENT should limit our access to information, or determine truth for us. However, I do think it's incumbent on our elected officials to be factual and we fail at holding them accountable for that. But platforms are private entities. They have every right to determine what their rules are and what sort of environment they want as long as they treat everyone equally within the rules. They are under no obligation to host everyone or anyone and as long as there is competition

this seems to be the bulk of where i think we can focus on your answer. i *do* appreciate the time put into it.

how can we hold our government to being factual when we support a lie so easily if we *want* it to be true?

trump is NOT a nazi. no matter how much you hate him you can't equate what he is doing with what the nazis did. do we need to be factual or emotional here?

now - as to your point above with a PLATFORM getting to decide what you can do on their PLATFORM - to a degree, i agree.

but Sect 230 was meant for mom and pop places like this. NOT to give someone with global reach free reign to create their own reality and force it on others without cost or penalty. yet this is what they are doing.

you say they can create their terms of service and they can - but facebook can't stop a "gay page" from being on their platform if they follow the rules. they can't stop anyone really unless it's a blatant violation of laws. the part of being an open platform is to allow people to build on it.

a platform is *not* to dictate policy, determine truth and the like. S230 protects them from what *I* say on their platform is *I* am incorrect. it does NOT give a platform the ability to determine what is true and false and hold others to their version of said truth.

as for TOS being evenly applied - are we really going to get into the game of lies by saying they DO apply their terms of service evenly?

even twitters CEO came out and said they were wrong to ban the New York Posts story on Bidens son. where's the penalty for them over-abusing their own power?

I'm INCENSED because the LEFT is all gung-ho to exile speech and split the media in this country..
The split in media started with the rise in talk radio which began to define the rest of the media, as a whole, as leftist.

Oh c'mon, Mrs. C, are you really trying to tell us that ONE PERSON, Rush Limbaugh, this MINUSCULE part of the media, one man and a mic, redefined the rest of the media, fractured the nation, divided us, one man speaking against the ominous chorus of the other 99.999% of all media did all of that? :omg:

IF THAT IS THE CASE, then his message MUST HAVE had an intuitive ring of truth to MILLIONS of people giving them something they had LONG wanted:

Honesty in media telling them the same things they themselves had long thought themselves and now were finally hearing it elsewhere and having it confirmed they were nt the only person in the world who SAW THESE THINGS!

No. I'm not saying that. I'm saying the advent of talk radio began the process of creating echo chambers. Rush is not the only person.

Well, I don't know what an echo chamber is supposed to mean, but I reject the idea that a few people merely critically examining world events out in the open independant of big money politically-linked networks somehow was a harmful disruptive influence on the quality and integrity of news and information.

To suggest otherwise is to really denigrate the intelligence of the American public.

It's kinda funny to watch authoritarians who are in the very business of censoring others going back and forth about censorship.

My way of looking at the issue is that if we all simply practiced what we preached, we would be making a much stronger statement on our true position.

It's funny, watching the conspiracy cult fascist kooks howling because they got banned for making crap up to push violence and a fascist coup.

No, that's not segregating media into "far-right" and "far-left". Lose the phony equivalence bullshit, because nobody outside your crybaby cult is buying it. That's segregating media into "grownup" and "far-right", and that's a _good_ thing. At some point, the grownups have to quit tolerating tantrums and send the screaming children back to their cribs to cry it out.

Welcome to the real world, snowflakes. Go on, throw another tantrum. That will really show the adults how wrong they were.

That's segregating media into "grownup" and "far-right", and that's a _good_ thing. At some point, the grownups have to quit tolerating tantrums and send the screaming children back to their cribs to cry it out.

Aint no case in which "grown-ups" have a kindergarten hissy fit for the past 4 years and BUMBLE every attempt they've made to overturn the LAST election. You're irrelevant..

What's truly Orwellian is that now, at this point in time - people no longer even share the same "facts". Bogus claims are given the same authenticity as a provable facts and that comes from the very top of our leadership.

Most of the time, what folks call facts is Political spin.. Political spin is the ONLY thing that comes from our political leadership.. When Adam Shiftless claimed for 4 years he had the PROOF that Trump was Putin's pawn -- that's NOT A FACT. And he never actually revealed his evidence.. Just like all the phony stories with "unnamed sources".. Then when Brennan created that FALSE "public intel briefing" on Russian interference and tossed the phony as shit DOSSIER into the Appendix, THAT was treated as "genuine Intel signed off by 12 agencies" -- It was NOT..

If you're looking for your FACTS from political leadership -- it's NO WONDER you're confused. And a totally in bed with the Left media is not reliable either..

Most of what I've seen you claim as fact -- is ONE data point in a much larger discussion that you dredged up on the web.. And people LIE with numbers and statistics. Book on the shelf behind me "How to Lie with Statistics" was required reading in one of my statistic courses.. It's complicated. And you're defenseless if you cant analyze for yourself when you use a "fact" that maybe you dont understand what the "question was" for that data point.,

Go address the reasons why I have NO ALLIES on the left anymore.. I'm a LIBERAL.. The Dem party is NO LONGER "liberal".. They are moving towards AUTHORITARIANISM -- I'll reject and distance myself from that

Well, for one, you ain't no liberal., But you're definitely a piece of shit in my eyes, you unAmerican piece of shit. Am I supposed to now pretend to try and empathize with your piece of shit ways? Nah. Pass. Asshole.

Your honor -- I present Defense Evidence "A" ^^^^ Crazy as a loon.. INCAPABLE of discussion..

Exactly right, you piece of shit. This is where we decide your future. Do you accept reality?
We decide your future?

Who is we tumble weed?

Certainly Biden is gonna sit this crank hothead down and explain the plan to UNITE the nation to him.

The uber tolerant, ultra liberal left is now rabid foaming partisans like "the Tumbled Weed".. Gone with the wind like a Tumblin' Weed in cloud of Ganja smoke.. :ack-1:

Aint no case in which "grown-ups" have a kindergarten hissy fit for the past 4 years and BUMBLE every attempt they've made to overturn the LAST election.

Are there any kook-right-conspiracy cult talking points that you don't brainlessly parrot now? Even one? It's funny, how you tried pretending a pack of raving conspiracy nutters was known for "high quality research".

It's funnier, how upset you get when people won't acknowledge you as being the smartest person in the room. No wonder you adore Trump now, being that you emulate Trump in your need to have buttkissers around. Liberals keep pointing out that you're kind of a dope, therefore you hate liberals. It's as simple as that. You're not a brave independent thinker. You're a frustrated narcissist who is now driven entirely by butthurt.

You're irrelevant..

Speaking of irrelevant, Biden is still becoming president on Jan 20, no matter what new conspiracy theories you choose to parrot. And your cult loser conspiracy blog is still out on the street, because everyone there was acting like such human skidmarks. Cry all you want, that won't change.

Aint no case in which "grown-ups" have a kindergarten hissy fit for the past 4 years and BUMBLE every attempt they've made to overturn the LAST election.

Are there any kook-right-conspiracy cult talking points that you don't brainlessly parrot now? Even one? It's funny, how you tried pretending a pack of raving conspiracy nutters was known for "high quality research".

It's funnier, how upset you get when people won't acknowledge you as being the smartest person in the room. No wonder you adore Trump now, being that you emulate Trump in your need to have buttkissers around. Liberals keep pointing out that you're kind of a dope, therefore you hate liberals. It's as simple as that. You're not a brave independent thinker. You're a frustrated narcissist who is now driven entirely by butthurt.

You're irrelevant..

Speaking of irrelevant, Biden is still becoming president on Jan 20, no matter what new conspiracy theories you choose to parrot. And your cult loser conspiracy blog is still out on the street, because everyone there was acting like such human skidmarks. Cry all you want, that won't change.
People like YOU and the other retard flinging insults and attacks are why we will devolve into a civil war.

People like YOU and the other retard flinging insults and attacks are why we will devolve into a civil war.

Yet I'm not the one threatening to kill people and encouraging violence. That's coming entirely from your side, including from many posters here.

The two sides are complete opposites in that respect. The Democrats condemn violence, the Republicans encourage it. That's why there's so much more violence coming from the right.

Yet I'm not the one threatening to kill people and encouraging violence. That's coming entirely from your side, including from many posters here.

The two sides are complete opposites in that respect. The Democrats condemn violence, the Republicans encourage it. That's why there's so much more violence coming from the right.
I was wondering why they where rioting and looting in bum fuck arkansas

I was wondering why they where rioting and looting in bum fuck arkansas

Funny, I was wondering when you'd stop lying outright about the dems supposedly supporting rioting and looting. Okay, not really, since I know the answer is "never."
The mayor of portland got tear gassed by rioting

LOL you lying weasel BLM and antifa are you and your ilk and not only have they threatened to kill people they have ACTUAL done it.

LOL you lying weasel BLM and antifa are you and your ilk and not only have they threatened to kill people they have ACTUAL done it.

Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo ...

Try to understand that just because your cult told you a stupid thing, it does not mean the stupid thing is true. Do you grasp that, or will we need to go over that point some more?

Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo ...

Try to understand that just because your cult told you a stupid thing, it does not mean the stupid thing is true. Do you grasp that, or will we need to go over that point some more?
Keep lying about what ACTUALLY happened it suits you two-faced ignorant buffoon.

Book on the shelf behind me "How to Lie with Statistics" was required reading in one of my statistic courses.. It's complicated. And you're defenseless if you cant analyze for yourself when you use a "fact" that maybe you dont understand what the "question was" for that data point.,
My ADHD led me off into ascii la-la land on that one FCT.....

~S~

I may be wrong,
But I think the left sees the Right as an easy push over. And that is why we are where we are.

from Maxine Waters telling hers to attack conservatives in public, to Pelosi and gavin newson having lavish parties after telling you that you cannot, to bullying of Republican poll watchers.....they just don't care what you think (conservatives) because of your weakness.
In Congressional hearings, the heads of Facebook and twitter mock Senate investigations, claiming to know nothing of blatant censorship of the right, knowing full well no one will do anything.

It's the Law of The Jungle, only the strong survive.
Until the Right puts down the timid, blame accepting persona, the Left will have no reason to fear or respect you.

PS...it's also why Democrat states strip your Constitutional gun rights away with impunity.

The mayor of portland got tear gassed by rioting
There's a tear in my beer
Cause you rioters are so near
You are all the lefty kind
Into these last nine beers
I have shed a million tears

I'm gonna keep gassin'
Until y’all petrified
And then maybe, these tears will leave my eyes
There's a tear in my beer
'Cause of protestor queers

~S~w/apologies to Mr Williams and copywrite censors everywhere

this just in>>>>>

this got me>>>>

Notice for Termination or Suspension

We will notify you with the reason for termination or suspension by YouTube unless we reasonably believe that to do so: (a) would violate the law or the direction of a legal enforcement authority,

~S~

Forum List

Back