The Purple Heart medal

justinacolmena

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2017
alaska, usa
There's a postage stamp.
I don't like military medals in general. There's a Stolen Valor Act, too.
Not that I care particularly for the Stolen Valor Act, but it does seem flagrantly violated by the sale of such postage stamps among other memorabilia. There's a California statute, too.
The problem with the California bill is that California is prominent among states and localities that refuse to limit the jurisdictions of their civil and criminal court systems to their own borders, with respect to medals or decorations awarded by the U.S. Armed Forces.

Congress had already been in business too long with the Purple Heart medal by the time Vietnam happened. Then we had soldiers smoking a peace pipe full of marijuana, and there's a purple heart awarded for a missing limb, which was at the time “the” way to get out of a years-long commitment to serve an aimless battle under commissionless officers.
“☮” -- “” -- That one is disappearing in the post.​
There's an international code point for "purple heart" 💜 in Unicode for HTML.
There's something "gay" about the murder, mayhem, and missing limbs from the battlefield. Is a man without the full use of all his limbs and members supposed to be demoted to "women's work" after the battle, no longer able to defend himself physically?

Or if the heart is "purple" is that because there is in some sense “too much wine?”

Also among other Masonic medals and decorations awarded by the U.S. military, every award or honor on the side of victory counts as a war crime conviction in the jurisdiction of the enemy which is permitted to exist after the war is supposed to be over, and peace is made by Congress on a false and facetious basis.

There's a postage stamp.
I don't like military medals in general. There's a Stolen Valor Act, too.
Not that I care particularly for the Stolen Valor Act, but it does seem flagrantly violated by the sale of such postage stamps among other memorabilia. There's a California statute, too.
The problem with the California bill is that California is prominent among states and localities that refuse to limit the jurisdictions of their civil and criminal court systems to their own borders, with respect to medals or decorations awarded by the U.S. Armed Forces.

Congress had already been in business too long with the Purple Heart medal by the time Vietnam happened. Then we had soldiers smoking a peace pipe full of marijuana, and there's a purple heart awarded for a missing limb, which was at the time “the” way to get out of a years-long commitment to serve an aimless battle under commissionless officers.
“☮” -- “” -- That one is disappearing in the post.​
There's an international code point for "purple heart" 💜 in Unicode for HTML.
There's something "gay" about the murder, mayhem, and missing limbs from the battlefield. Is a man without the full use of all his limbs and members supposed to be demoted to "women's work" after the battle, no longer able to defend himself physically?

Or if the heart is "purple" is that because there is in some sense “too much wine?”

Also among other Masonic medals and decorations awarded by the U.S. military, every award or honor on the side of victory counts as a war crime conviction in the jurisdiction of the enemy which is permitted to exist after the war is supposed to be over, and peace is made by Congress on a false and facetious basis.
I use the purple heart stamp on all my mail.

• Banned
And we're back to the question of What Would Jesus Say? or What Would Jesus Do? Purple is the color of Jesus' robe, after all, and there can be no dishonor in that.
It's a salvation thing. That word "profitable" in the Bible is suggestive (if not outright sarcastic) of benefits on disability even at the time of the ancient Romans and there is "too much vice" there for Jesus to intend that to be taken literally.

But why should that be so "profitable?" Are there military officers of questionable commission who do not want any honorably discharged able-bodied veterans on the loose?

Forum List

Back