The Progs will DENY SCIENCE when it comes to record snowfalls, that havent happened like this over 100 years.

The first thing people - who are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist - need to do is to be honest about what the problem is. Something I have yet heard anyone from your "camp" do. The second thing people - who are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist - need to do is to be honest about the solution. Also something I have yet heard anyone from your "camp" do. Now the only reason that I can think of why they haven't done those things is because if they do those things, people like yourself who support solving a problem that doesn't exist would actually start to question what they have been told.

Of course there's going to be record snowfalls if the record only goes back a very short time. Same thing with record high temperatures and record low temperatures.

They are meaningless.

I wouldn't call them meaningless ... but, yeah, these records get broken all the time ... no reason to tie knots in your knickers ...

This is only a record for that date, October 20th, and there's only been 100 Oct 20ths in the past 100 years ... so a fairly small sample pool, we must take care to attach too much emphasis to the data ... also, the article says this is NOT a record for the month of October ... which means the meteorological conditions that produced this snowfall amount are known to occur, just "random" chance it happen to occur on October 20th rather than October 26th (or wharever) ...

Consider this:

There are about 6,000 weather stations around the world ... each one will have an extreme high temp, and extreme low temp and an extreme precipitation amount ... three extremes times 6,000 gives us 18,000 possible extreme events per day ... for a "hundred year" event (or a 1% chance of occurring), we should average 180 events per day worldwide ... so if this was an average day, there will be 179 other extreme weather reports to be had ...

This data is useful for planning purposes ... if we want to build a factory, and check the climate records ... we might see it rained 42" one day back 45 years ago, so we better make sure our factory can deal with that ... because it will rain 42" again someday, perhaps more ...

Warmer surface temperatures will most definitely allow more water vapor into the atmosphere ... roughly 7% per ºC at usual surface temperatures ... and what goes up must come down, as rain ... and there's every reason to believe considering Arctic Amplification this rainfall will be more widespread and less likely to cause flooding events ... and with a little bit of temperature rise we should only expect floods to be a little less likely ...

There are 6,000 weather stations around the US alone. Climatologists only use 1,500 of them.

Why is that?

Says who?

" The Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature Study has created a preliminary merged data set by combining 1.6 billion temperature reports from 16 preexisting data archives. Whenever possible, we have used raw data rather than previously homogenized or edited data. After eliminating duplicate records, the current archive contains over 39,000 unique stations. "

Tell me... where are carbon emissions increasing, why are they increasing and how would you propose to halt the increase?

As that was the major point of the comment you replied to.
Carbon emissions are pollution and they are increasing everywhere. Even as temps do not rise in tandem
No. That's not true. They are increasing more in other parts of the globe than others. Way way more.

hint: the US is not the problem.

Overall tends are far more important than any single incidence.

One day of heavy snow does not an ice age make

Think about it, the industrial revolution was in full swing when Woodrow Wilson(racist who segregated the government) was in office, during that time tons of CO2 was put into the air, the ratio went from 3 parts per million to 4 parts per million(that is 1/1000000) increase as the Progs say, yet we have record snowfall again, so early in the year. The progs had said that snow would disappear and that was 6 years ago, yet here we are once again, proving that "settled science" isnt really settled. Next time you see a Prog give him the 1 finger salute.

The precipitation tapered off Tuesday night after 7.9 inches of snow at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, shattering the previous record for Oct. 20 of 3 inches, set in 1916, and nearly besting the all-time snowiest October day in the Twin Cities.

tenor.gif
A few years cold, followed by a few years warm, followed by more cold and then more warm is as it always has been.............but shhhhh...don't tell the dems this.

A few years cold, followed by a few years warm, followed by more cold and then more warm is as it always has been.............but shhhhh...don't tell the dems this.

Why are you low-balling the data ... I'm expecting CATASTROPHIC +15ºC temperature increase JUST THIS MORNING ... ha ha, just joking ...

Carbon emissions are pollution and they are increasing everywhere. Even as temps do not rise in tandem

Well ... the adage is that money produces pollution ... if we want to get rid of pollution, we have to get rid of money ... just how far are we willing to reduce the standard of living we enjoy in Western Europe and Anglo-America? ... getting rid of 90% of passenger vehicles, airline travel and meat consumption ... sounds recessionary ...

This is a case where the cure is worse than the disease ... the whole world biking to work to save a single ºC? ...
The Earth will be changing it's magnetic poles soon enough anyway. This will likely reverse the deep ocean currents creating mass cold and growing glaciation

The first thing people - who are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist - need to do is to be honest about what the problem is. Something I have yet heard anyone from your "camp" do. The second thing people - who are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist - need to do is to be honest about the solution. Also something I have yet heard anyone from your "camp" do. Now the only reason that I can think of why they haven't done those things is because if they do those things, people like yourself who support solving a problem that doesn't exist would actually start to question what they have been told.

Of course there's going to be record snowfalls if the record only goes back a very short time. Same thing with record high temperatures and record low temperatures.

They are meaningless.

I wouldn't call them meaningless ... but, yeah, these records get broken all the time ... no reason to tie knots in your knickers ...

This is only a record for that date, October 20th, and there's only been 100 Oct 20ths in the past 100 years ... so a fairly small sample pool, we must take care to attach too much emphasis to the data ... also, the article says this is NOT a record for the month of October ... which means the meteorological conditions that produced this snowfall amount are known to occur, just "random" chance it happen to occur on October 20th rather than October 26th (or wharever) ...

Consider this:

There are about 6,000 weather stations around the world ... each one will have an extreme high temp, and extreme low temp and an extreme precipitation amount ... three extremes times 6,000 gives us 18,000 possible extreme events per day ... for a "hundred year" event (or a 1% chance of occurring), we should average 180 events per day worldwide ... so if this was an average day, there will be 179 other extreme weather reports to be had ...

This data is useful for planning purposes ... if we want to build a factory, and check the climate records ... we might see it rained 42" one day back 45 years ago, so we better make sure our factory can deal with that ... because it will rain 42" again someday, perhaps more ...

Warmer surface temperatures will most definitely allow more water vapor into the atmosphere ... roughly 7% per ºC at usual surface temperatures ... and what goes up must come down, as rain ... and there's every reason to believe considering Arctic Amplification this rainfall will be more widespread and less likely to cause flooding events ... and with a little bit of temperature rise we should only expect floods to be a little less likely ...

There are 6,000 weather stations around the US alone. Climatologists only use 1,500 of them.

Why is that?

Says who?

" The Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature Study has created a preliminary merged data set by combining 1.6 billion temperature reports from 16 preexisting data archives. Whenever possible, we have used raw data rather than previously homogenized or edited data. After eliminating duplicate records, the current archive contains over 39,000 unique stations. "

Tell me... where are carbon emissions increasing, why are they increasing and how would you propose to halt the increase?

No. That's not true. They are increasing more in other parts of the globe than others. Way way more.

Totally wrong kid. See even though what you say is true it all mixes together at some point.

Next

They are meaningless.

Consider this:

Why is that?

Says who?

Totally wrong kid. See even though what you say is true it all mixes together at some point.

Next
Is that so? The US could go to zero emissions overnight and the rest of the world would replace it in 5 short years. So you willing to pay for the rest of the world to reduce their emissions?

Global Carbon ProjectConverted from metric tons
WorldROWChinaUSEUIndiaROWChinaUSEUIndia
2013​
39.816.511.05.83.82.741.5%27.6%14.6%9.5%6.8%
2012​
39.116.510.65.63.92.542.2%27.1%14.3%10.0%6.4%
2011​
38.216.110.05.84.02.342.1%26.2%15.2%10.5%6.0%
2010​
37.015.69.16.04.12.242.2%24.6%16.2%11.1%5.9%
2009​
35.314.78.55.94.02.241.6%24.1%16.7%11.3%6.2%
2008​
35.515.37.76.24.32.043.1%21.7%17.5%12.1%5.6%
2007​
34.614.57.56.44.41.841.9%21.7%18.5%12.7%5.2%
2006​
33.814.27.16.34.51.742.0%21.0%18.6%13.3%5.0%
2005​
32.713.86.46.44.51.642.2%19.6%19.6%13.8%4.9%
2004​
31.513.35.86.44.51.542.2%18.4%20.3%14.3%4.8%
2003​
30.012.85.06.34.51.442.7%16.7%21.0%15.0%4.7%
2002​
28.312.24.16.24.41.443.1%14.5%21.9%15.5%4.9%
2001​
28.012.33.86.24.41.343.9%13.6%22.1%15.7%4.6%
2000​
27.311.63.86.34.31.342.5%13.9%23.1%15.8%4.8%

They are meaningless.

Consider this:

Why is that?

Says who?

Next
Is that so? The US could go to zero emissions overnight and the rest of the world would replace it in 5 short years. So you willing to pay for the rest of the world to reduce their emissions?
Dude you just repeated what I said...........................

Take your meds

They are meaningless.

Consider this:

Why is that?

Says who?

Next
Dude you just repeated what I said...........................

Take your meds
Learn some facts.

1604332155832.png

1604332167879.png

1604332183413.png

1604332195407.png

1604332210021.png

We need to catch up to China and produce more CO2 so we can get Antarctica green
So do you think it makes sense for US taxpayers to pay for other nations to become more green?
No I supported Trump for pulling out of the accord.

What planet are you on anyway?
You are all over the map on this, Frannie.
Not at all, you are claiming that I said things that I never did. I said clearly that all emissions mix meaning that it's a world effort or none. Then in your psychosis you have me paying China.

Again you need to take all of your prescriptions

They are meaningless.

Consider this:

Why is that?

Says who?

Carbon dioxide is not pollution. It is, in fact, the fundamental building block for ALL life on this planet.

The Earth will be changing it's magnetic poles soon enough anyway. This will likely reverse the deep ocean currents creating mass cold and growing glaciation

Water isn't inherently magnetic ... why do you think reversing the magnetic field will effect ocean currents? ...

Water isn't inherently magnetic ... why do you think reversing the magnetic field will effect ocean currents? ...
The question is why are you arguing with the obvious?

Are you one of those government drones that only believes what the zombie orders you to believe

Forum List

Back