The Problem with Barack Obama... to me...

Oct 8, 2009
I keep reading on here (and elsewhere) how these mythical 'right wingers' all loathe/hate Obama. To be clear, I don't hate Obama. Actually, there was a time - back in 2004 - when I thought he might be a Democrat I would vote for as POTUS. Rare as hens teeth! And, as I am 28, I have never seen a Republican that I thought I might vote for as POTUS.

But when I stopped watching his speeches, and started reading the transcripts instead, I found I was - yet again - disappointed. He's not an honest man. I'm not saying he's less honest than the rest, just that will not vote for a dishonest politician. I find that quite hard every election day.

Anyway, while watching his Afghan speech this evening (1am UK time), I remembered what it is that first started me questioning him. So, to explain it, here are two videos of his speeches.

The first is one of his speeches to the SEUI. This is Obama, passionate, caring, totally commited to the cause.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ1NJaCtIkM[/ame]

This is his Afghan speech from last night. Nothing - no passion, no commitment, no rallying the American people to a just cause.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxBAOXCqEw[/ame]

That's what I don't like about Obama. He's a community organizer - and we need a world class leader. Now, if anyone wants to define that as 'hate', then feel free but I don't hate the man - I fundamentally disagree with his policies. But the issue I have with Obama - he is just not good enough to lead our country.

Discuss, or not... either is fine by me.

He lacks balls.

I'll agree with this to an extent....he lacks balls when it comes to addressing the Nation concerning something that affects all of us.....but he has balls when addressing his base on items that only they care about....like government run healthcare. He only represents 22% of the population at this point....those are his hard core supporters....the rest he has either lost or is losing because of his arrogance.....that's my bottom line.

and for the record...I do support his sending more troops to Afghanistan....but if he's going to hobble them with a fucked up ROE then may as well bring all the troops home and then America can just wait for a President who has got balls to go back over there and kick the living shit out of them after the next terrorist attack on American soil.

He doesn't have balls when it comes to addressing his base on their issues. He pays lip service and doesn't follow through on most things.

I keep reading on here (and elsewhere) how these mythical 'right wingers' all loathe/hate Obama. To be clear, I don't hate Obama. Actually, there was a time - back in 2004 - when I thought he might be a Democrat I would vote for as POTUS. Rare as hens teeth! And, as I am 28, I have never seen a Republican that I thought I might vote for as POTUS.

But when I stopped watching his speeches, and started reading the transcripts instead, I found I was - yet again - disappointed. He's not an honest man. I'm not saying he's less honest than the rest, just that will not vote for a dishonest politician. I find that quite hard every election day.

Anyway, while watching his Afghan speech this evening (1am UK time), I remembered what it is that first started me questioning him. So, to explain it, here are two videos of his speeches.

The first is one of his speeches to the SEUI. This is Obama, passionate, caring, totally commited to the cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ1NJaCtIkM

This is his Afghan speech from last night. Nothing - no passion, no commitment, no rallying the American people to a just cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxBAOXCqEw

That's what I don't like about Obama. He's a community organizer - and we need a world class leader. Now, if anyone wants to define that as 'hate', then feel free but I don't hate the man - I fundamentally disagree with his policies. But the issue I have with Obama - he is just not good enough to lead our country.

Fair enough...

You are entitled to your opinion

I feel that you hate him not for your simple disagreements, but when I see you go along with the little "side" digs on him that are totally unnecessary.........................the unwarranted criticisms(not on policy, but on corny shit that has no bearing on anything), etc.

He lacks balls.

I agree. He looks for compromise too much. He needs to grab an issue and drive it home. LBJ got Civil Rights through even though he had strong opposition in both parties. Obama needs to show more strength within his party and just screw the Republicans. They are not going to support anything he does anyway

I feel that you hate him not for your simple disagreements, but when I see you go along with the little "side" digs on him that are totally unnecessary.........................the unwarranted criticisms(not on policy, but on corny shit that has no bearing on anything), etc.

Nah, that's just for fun. Both sides do it round and round.

They are not going to support anything he does anyway

You have that right.

If he walked in to Congress for the State of the Union Address next month and stood in front of America and said that President Bush and the Republican Congress had a great idea a few years ago regarding reforming Social Security, giving full credit to the Republican plan and announced he was going to push that through come hell or high water, they would still find a reason to oppose it.

I guess that is he nature of the beast.

Immie

Excellent post and observation. The thing is . . . and I've said this for quite some time . . . Obama is a narcissist. He feeds off of the stage and the spotlight and he needs that feedback that he got in the first vid to actually show some passion. He didn't get that last night. He didn't get much of anything in the way of feedback if you ask me, just a lot of blank faces. He can not muster up the passion without constant reinforcement from others. He can not muster up the passion because he doesn't believe in what he doing either. You are spot on . . . when 'it' matters to him he seems to always find the bravado to put forth. He doesn't want to send more troops he has to send more troops. His inner Barry is in conflict with the job that President Barry has to do so he reverts to his standby 'Spock' face and demeanor. Too bad . . . . imagine how the troops took his speech last night.

I wouild be extremely disappointed in any president that was "passionate" about sending 30 thousand young americans into harm's way.

The best part about President Obama is that he is enraging the Conservatives. He wouldn't be doing what we elected him to do if the Conservatives were happy

People are always different before they get elected, but I think this is more a case of tailoring the speech to the audience. Smart politicians have always done that (including Al Pacino), but it's only with the advent of You Tube that the public is able to compare them side by side. The SEIU is very different to West Point.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/arNYCyTJ-DM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/arNYCyTJ-DM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I wouild be extremely disappointed in any president that was "passionate" about sending 30 thousand young americans into harm's way.

You don't think he should show some enthusiasm (you know, we're gonna kick your ass you bad guys) like he did in the first vid? I do. He was robotic last night, as usual. He read the teleprompter well, though, and he looked into the camera four times (well, I counted four times; I tuned him out after 20 minutes or so).

You don't think he should show some enthusiasm (you know, we're gonna kick your ass you bad guys) like he did in the first vid? I do. He was robotic last night, as usual. He read the teleprompter well, though, and he looked into the camera four times (well, I counted four times; I tuned him out after 20 minutes or so).

My statement stands. He was announcing a strategy change that will result in 30 thousand americans being placed in harm's way. That is nothing to be enthusiastic about imo.

I would have to say that depends on the cause for which he sent the 30,000 troops. If the cause were to eliminate Adolf Hitler, that would be one thing. Under these circumstances? I don't blame the President.

I didn't get to see his speech, so I can't comment on the "passion" he used, but if it is as has been mentioned above, I have to hand it to him for making what appears to have been a tough decision for him.

Immie

Last edited:

Enthusiasm is often mis-portrayed as an appetite for conflict. If he'd been upbeat, Fox would have been all over it. Obama is surrounded by image consultants and speechwriters now - they would be unlikely to let him make such an obvious mistake.

Forum List

Back