The Presidential Assasination Movie

Written and directed by British filmmaker Gabriel Range, the movie premieres today at the Toronto Film Festival and will air next month on Britain's Channel 4. Shot in the style of a documentary, the movie opens with what looks like actual footage of Bush being gunned down by a sniper as he leaves a Chicago hotel in October 2007.

I guess it didn't get too much play in our MSM. Never heard of it till now.

What is pathetic is that by reaching to score a point (nobody who is sane believes Maddow and others were serious---it is obvious they were venting frustrations)...you fail to point out that there really were people who felt like Bush had to go.

Your argument loses credibility when lump-ing all criticism to serious calls to extremism.

There were Bush haters out there, but using that to justify hating Obama is down right pathetic.

:doubt:

Get a handle on it there Buckwheat, where exactly did I justify hating Obama?

I thought I was rather neutral in the original post.

Apology accepted.. now go away..

You're engaging in mitigation. Either that or you made a pointless thread.

What... you new here?

Secular means non religious by the way. And it was public school with a majority of muslim students which doesn't make it a muslim school.
State Elementary School Menteng 01 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
After that school he went to a catholic school, does that mean he is also catholic?

My son goes to a Christian school, doesn't mean I am Christian.

yes, I know secular mean without a religon which is why I'm puzzled that the Q was mandatory.. puzzling vewwy..

Show me proof that learning the Q was mandatory?

find yer own damn proof it wasn't

Have pity on the poor fools. The President that they loved to hate, and stated would find no success. Now he has passed his primary campaign promise, and it is the law of the land.

The economy is slowly getting better, exactly as he promised. From the git-go, President Obama said there would be no quick recovery, the damage done by the prior administrations policies was simply to great.

We are now getting far more for our education dollar for our children that would achieve a higher education. No reason to mourn the banks not making money off of the students.

Foreign policy is now being handled in a sane and rational way, and the rest of the world is responding accordingly.

Now with the health care bill passed, we can address regulations on Wall Street and the banks to prevent a re-occurance of the debacle that the whole world just experianced.

Now we can address climate change, both the neccessary adaptations, and the preventive measures to prevent even worse changes than are in the pipes now.

Art is art,and hate is hate.

interesting relativism: you equate art with hate?

or are you saying what the Tea Party Extremists are doing is art?

:eusa_whistle:

That film is hateful - hiding behind the label of art doesn't make it any less so.

There are very few extremists in the Tea Party Movement, and they are marginalized. The majority do not support there views. The invitations I've received for events have consistently stressed the objectives of staying on message regarding policy, and to avoid personal attacks. A few people on the fringe do not represent the vast majority of people who are involved due to the substance of the issues.

Art can be hateful, but it is still art. Art can be protest (Shakespeare), but it is still art.

Your opinion that there are 'very few' extremists in the Tea Party movement is belied by the anecdotal evidence. Anecdotal evidence which is more credible than your opinion masquerading as fact.

Invitations are sent out by organizers. All organizers of anti-war rallies that I've met (I've met a few outside of emails :lol:), but I agree---"A few people on the fringe do not represent the vast majority of people who are involved due to the substance of the issues.", but I think you need to give that message to Tea Party people who commit that sin on a minute by minute basis in their rants and chants.

Your opinion that there are 'very few' extremists in the Tea Party movement is belied by the anecdotal evidence. Anecdotal evidence which is more credible than your opinion masquerading as fact.

Invitations are sent out by organizers. All organizers of anti-war rallies that I've met (I've met a few outside of emails :lol:), but I agree---"A few people on the fringe do not represent the vast majority of people who are involved due to the substance of the issues.", but I think you need to give that message to Tea Party people who commit that sin on a minute by minute basis in their rants and chants.

Then post that compelling anecdotal evidence and let's evaluate it. (I'm betting most of it is histrionics from Garofolo, Maddow, Olberman, and Matthews).

Mine is from direct experience being on numerous mailing lists - I've NEVER seen anyone advocate violence or racism - quite the opposite. The focus has consistently been on conservative financial policy positions.

Then post that compelling anecdotal evidence and let's evaluate it. (I'm betting most of it is histrionics from Garofolo, Maddow, Olberman, and Matthews).

Mine is from direct experience being on numerous mailing lists - I've NEVER seen anyone advocate violence or racism - quite the opposite. The focus has consistently been on conservative financial policy positions.
I don't watch MSNBC or FOX News.

emails. The anecdotal evidence is in the newspapers, blogs, television news, radio.., :eusa_eh:

emails. The anecdotal evidence is in the newspapers, blogs, television news, radio.., :eusa_eh:

Then post it. Post this compelling anecdotal evidence that shows that the Tea Party Movement is dominated by violent racists.

Then post it. Post this compelling anecdotal evidence that shows that the Tea Party Movement is dominated by violent racists.

dominated by violent racists? Who claimed that? have you been fishing for red herring again?

:cuckoo:

Then what do you consider an Extremist?

Look at all of the threads on this board accusing Tea Party members of being Racists and Terrorists? If that is not what you mean by extremist, then please provide your Compelling Anecdotal Evidence.

Then what do you consider an Extremist?

Look at all of the threads on this board accusing Tea Party members of being Racists and Terrorists? If that is not what you mean by extremist, then please provide your Compelling Anecdotal Evidence.

Time for a contextual post:
Art is art,and hate is hate.

interesting relativism: you equate art with hate?

or are you saying what the Tea Party Extremists are doing is art?

That film is hateful - hiding behind the label of art doesn't make it any less so.

There are very few extremists in the Tea Party Movement, and they are marginalized. The majority do not support there views. The invitations I've received for events have consistently stressed the objectives of staying on message regarding policy, and to avoid personal attacks. A few people on the fringe do not represent the vast majority of people who are involved due to the substance of the issues.

Art can be hateful, but it is still art. Art can be protest (Shakespeare), but it is still art.

...the above is what we are speaking about.

When speaking of political extremism in speech, I consider extremism to be that on the outer edges of the public debate, whether it be from a recognized fringe group or an evolving one.

I mentioned media and internet items and you come back around to what is in the title of threads here at USMB.

there is compelling anecdotal evidence for those who are not...
deaf_dumb_blind.jpg

you are obviously of a closed mind set: who can see no criticism as what it is.

you see criticism as a attack on your belief system.

maybe all criticism is that. in that case you would need to ask yourself why that is so.

bye

Last edited:
The lack of condemnation of this film by the Leftwing Media is shameful.

You really expect them to rush to criticize every over-the-line comment made even by foreigners?

Besides featuring it in the mainstream media, even to criticize it would've just given it free advertising.

The Britiwh made that film. And Republicans grabbed hold of it and blamed it on liberals!!

But you can't tell a conservative that. Oh no siree bob you just can't. They too busy saying "No! No! No! Where is my Ben gay? No! No! Nope! No!"

What's really and truly funny is that I'm betting the folks who are complaining about the film never saw it.

The film, and how it portays Bush, are part of the reason I have any respect for him.

Forum List

Back