The power to propel us to the stars

There is no such thing built or being built, nor it there any reason to send centimeter sized probes anywhere because there is no way to fix such a small device with a transmitter so that we can communicate with the probe therefor the concept is meaningless even if possible.

Seriously dude a probe needs a fuel source for the laser, a frame, the sails, and a transmitter so we can have a use for the probe. The only place that this is logical is in a mentally ill mind that believes everything that they read on the internet, so wake up

You also have no link to the mad magazine page where this is real

mad-magazine-1024x640.jpg
Dusty, you still haven't read anything about the probe.

You have not read MAD magazine either. One over-arching purpose of MAD is sarcasm. MAD never portrays idiocy as real, they continually make fun of stupidity. You should try reading it too.

LOL OK I will let you explain how to fit a laser, a solar sail, a communication source with Earth all into a centimeter sized probe.

Anyone can propose anything, this does not make it logical, probable or possible

LOL OK I will let you explain how to fit a laser, a solar sail, a communication source with Earth all into a centimeter sized probe.

Anyone can propose anything, this does not make it logical, probable or possible
You are not on the same page. You have a misconception of what UCSB is proposing. Either that, or you are just a simple troll. I'm beginning to think it's the latter.

You are not on the same page. You have a misconception of what UCSB is proposing. Either that, or you are just a simple troll. I'm beginning to think it's the latter.

Again anyone can propose anything, you are on the page where proposals represent reality because they were proposed. So grow up

Again anyone can propose anything, you are on the page where proposals represent reality because they were proposed. So grow up
That is just a trite old trick. You are running out of troll material, and attempting to put word in my mouth. Try for something more innovative.

That is just a trite old trick. You are running out of troll material, and attempting to put word in my mouth. Try for something more innovative.

LOL can you explain who is building the centimeter sized probe that will travel light years powered by a miniature laser and solar sail?
Again anyone can propose anything, that little people like you believe is real.

PS. You are allowed to phone your Mommy for help

LOL can you explain who is building the centimeter sized probe that will travel light years powered by a miniature laser and solar sail?
You can read about it on the web, troll.

You can read about it on the web, troll.

LOL so you are claiming that everything that can be read about on the web is real?

OKEEDOKEE kid, if you say so

Next

LOL so you are claiming that everything that can be read about on the web is real?
Nope. Did not say or imply that. You are using another trite idea from the troll playbook. Is that all you got? C'mon we need some original troll stuff. I think you are the same person who was "Franie" and just a troll. No imagination.

Nope. Did not say or imply that. You are using another trite idea from the troll playbook. Is that all you got? C'mon we need some original troll stuff. I think you are the same person who was "Franie" and just a troll. No imagination.

Actually you did say what I said that you did, and if you are not aware everything that you ever say is recorded by the system. So son this is what you said

"At a recent talk at Harvard University, Philip Lubin of the University of California, Santa Barbara, presented a plan to launch small probes deep into space. Using an array of laser thrusters, a probe weighing one gram (just 0.035 ounces) would travel 4.4 light years the nearest star, Alpha Centauri, in just two decades. That’s only twice as long as it took the New Horizons spacecraft to fly by Pluto."

LOL, play on kid

LOL actually everything that I quoted was proposed in this thread as being real. The fact that you have attention deficit disorder is not my problem, it's yours.
may take us 100 years to get to that point and we'll have made much progress in the fields of nano-tech and AI. Imagine a self-replicating AI the size of a molecule. It could be accelerated almost to light-speed and make the trip to the nearest stars in just years (stopping is another issue). Once there it would have the ability to populate it in a variety of ways. We would spread our humanity, just not our humans.
"At a recent talk at Harvard University, Philip Lubin of the University of California, Santa Barbara, presented a plan to launch small probes deep into space. Using an array of laser thrusters, a probe weighing one gram (just 0.035 ounces) would travel 4.4 light years the nearest star, Alpha Centauri, in just two decades. That’s only twice as long as it took the New Horizons spacecraft to fly by Pluto."​
So your claim is that you did not post the above? Well then you had better contact the authorities because you have been hacked, or at least cry to your Mommy again

2016-05-19-crying-baby-flickr.jpg

We will reach the local Star systems next century by inevitable advances in both AI and nanotechnology

Can we reach the far side of the Milky Way
This is more fantasy due to the vast insane distances
If we could colonize several local Star systems then that will be good enough

LOL actually everything that I quoted was proposed in this thread as being real. The fact that you have attention deficit disorder is not my problem, it's yours.
may take us 100 years to get to that point and we'll have made much progress in the fields of nano-tech and AI. Imagine a self-replicating AI the size of a molecule. It could be accelerated almost to light-speed and make the trip to the nearest stars in just years (stopping is another issue). Once there it would have the ability to populate it in a variety of ways. We would spread our humanity, just not our humans.
"At a recent talk at Harvard University, Philip Lubin of the University of California, Santa Barbara, presented a plan to launch small probes deep into space. Using an array of laser thrusters, a probe weighing one gram (just 0.035 ounces) would travel 4.4 light years the nearest star, Alpha Centauri, in just two decades. That’s only twice as long as it took the New Horizons spacecraft to fly by Pluto."​
So your claim is that you did not post the above? Well then you had better contact the authorities because you have been hacked, or at least cry to your Mommy again

Frannie, your trolling is not improving. I will give you a D-minus on that one. If you want to be a good troll try to find some new material rather than repeating stuff. The baby with tears is kind of cute Frannie, but you need better skills at finding someone's hot button.

Again you can babble as much as you choose that you did not write the above for as long as you choose, however all that you are proving is that you do not understand the system that records everything that you do.

So now tell us more about your centimeter sized probe with it's miniature laser beam and solar sails that will travel light years.

Next test please

So now tell us more about your centimeter sized probe with it's miniature laser beam and solar sails that will travel light years.
Frannie, it ain't my probe. Just read the article. It will tell you whose idea it is. That should be more fun than trolling.

Frannie, it ain't my probe. Just read the article. It will tell you whose idea it is. That should be more fun than trolling.

Dude it is not anyone's probe as neither the probe or any of it's constituent parts exist in any form in the size specified. This is what you can not comprehend and as such your lack of comprehension allows for you to believe the dribble article out of Harvard

Next

Dude it is not anyone's probe as neither the probe or any of it's constituent parts exist in any form in the size specified. This is what you can not comprehend and as such your lack of comprehension allows for you to believe the dribble article out of Harvard
Of course it doesn't exist.

Of course it doesn't exist.
So post your non existent dribble at Comedy Central and stop trying to delude others that your fantasies are real. Bye the way you just claimed that Harvard is teaching quackery which all rational humans already know

stop trying to delude others that your fantasies are real.
Poor poor Franie you are the only one deluded. Proposals are just that. If the probes were real they wouldn't be just proposals would they.

Forum List

Back