The power to propel us to the stars

I am interested in the 26 trillion mile long probe chain that you believe is either real or technically feasible and I want to know about the power source for the miniature lasers that will be powering that microscopic solar sail and I am especially interested in the method of communication
The "miniature lasers" arent powering the sails kid.

Being the "owner of Google" you have access to the information that will answer all of your asinine, mocking "questions."

The lasers will be earth based. Or, better yet, they could be space based and solar powered.

As the owner of google, I'm sure you understand the "law of inertia."

There is no need for the lasers to push the sails every mile to Alpha Centauri.

"An object in motion tends to remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force."

Yes, this is entirely possible, AND DOABLE.

Humans will never leave the solar system, but there is no reason we cant send probes, and eventually robots.

And, finally, kid, here is a laser diode, with its metal heat sink. The heat sink would not be needed in interstellar space where the temperature is near ABSOLUTE ZERO. That powerful laser looks pretty miniature to me, kid.View attachment 503677
So you believe that a laser on the Earth can power a billion gram sized probes forming a chain to Alpha Centauri. Really kid you need to lay off the mushrooms. What keeps the laser focused and powerful after the first trillion miles where even our sun has no influence? The laser would have to be 50,000 times the size of the Sun itself. But a grant wanting fart from Harvard said so you believe

The sad thing is that truly dumb people like you will fall for anything

I am interested in the 26 trillion mile long probe chain that you believe is either real or technically feasible and I want to know about the power source for the miniature lasers that will be powering that microscopic solar sail and I am especially interested in the method of communication

Being the "owner of Google" you have access to the information that will answer all of your asinine, mocking "questions."

The lasers will be earth based. Or, better yet, they could be space based and solar powered.

"An object in motion tends to remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force."

Humans will never leave the solar system, but there is no reason we cant send probes, and eventually robots.

And, finally, kid, here is a laser diode, with its metal heat sink. The heat sink would not be needed in interstellar space where the temperature is near ABSOLUTE ZERO. That powerful laser looks pretty miniature to me, kid.View attachment 503677
So you believe that a laser on the Earth can power a billion gram sized probes forming a chain to Alpha Centauri. Really kid you need to lay off the mushrooms. What keeps the laser focused and powerful after the first trillion miles where even our sun has no influence? The laser would have to be 50,000 times the size of the Sun itself. But a grant wanting fart from Harvard said so you believe

As THE owner of Google, I challenge you to search the law of inertia.

You make yourself look like a fool keeping this going, kid. Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself

As THE owner of Google, I challenge you to search the law of inertia.

You make yourself look like a fool keeping this going, kid. Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself
What company builds the laser that will travel 23 trillion miles, and what is the power source?

You know right

No you do not but you believe that it is real because you are mentally incompetent

As for inertia it does not apply because there is no force to keep the laser from dispersing into space, the same as the Sun's rays disperse into infinity

Next third grade comment

Last edited:

Can we reach the stars and beyond?

The answer is YES!!

Getting humans into outer space is not the problem. Humans have already walked on the moon. The problem with space travel is the vast distance between our solar system and the nearest one to us. The problem is in the speed needed to reach these far-off places in a reasonable time frame. The solution to the has been right in front of us.

Take for example someone at the front of a train traveling 100 MPH. If the person fires a bullet out ahead of the trail that travels at 300 MPH if you clocked the speed of this bullet it would clock at 400 MPH, not 300.

The same principle could be applied to space travel. The craft would have multiple propulsion engines. When the first one is fired it propels to craft to a speed of 1,000 MPH. When the second propulsion engine is fired (with the same propulsion force as the first), the craft is now traveling at a speed of 1,000+1,000 equaling a speed of 2,000 MPH.

If you continue firing these engines your speed increases with each engine burn. The ultimate speed you reach depends on how many propulsion bursts your engines can provide. One burst at a time you could reach the speed of light and beyond.

Or so it seemed~~~~~~~~

Now, some time later I discarded the above idea, a spacecraft could not contain enough fuel to propel us to distant stars.

Then an actual solution came to mind.

We use the force of gravity to pull us to wherever we want to go. Magnify the force of gravity using the gravity pull of galaxies channeling that pull in a narrow band multiply the pulling force of gravity exponentially to a limitless speed.getting us to where we want to go
:)-

A Dyson Sphere is a sci fi technology to encase a star, like the Sun, inside a giant sphere. Energy can be directed to move it through space. The entire Solar system then becomes a star ship, literally.

The pessimism here of overwhelming. Mankind will travel the stars, it's just a matter of designing the technology to do it. With billions of suns, and billions of planets circling these suns the odds are totally in favor of there being star travelers out there and some may have visited earth at some point in the past and/or they will in the future.
How many planets do you believe are in this image-?View attachment 266321

Still, a sampling of planets and only one has life. The problem with probability is that it teaches us that sometimes $H~t just happens.

Still, Star Wars, Star Trek, Prometheus, Jupiter Ascending, Dune, War of the Worlds, LIFE (2017)..

We can dream.

The answer is YES!!

Getting humans into outer space is not the problem. Humans have already walked on the moon. The problem with space travel is the vast distance between our solar system and the nearest one to us. The problem is in the speed needed to reach these far-off places in a reasonable time frame. The solution to the has been right in front of us.

Take for example someone at the front of a train traveling 100 MPH. If the person fires a bullet out ahead of the trail that travels at 300 MPH if you clocked the speed of this bullet it would clock at 400 MPH, not 300.

The same principle could be applied to space travel. The craft would have multiple propulsion engines. When the first one is fired it propels to craft to a speed of 1,000 MPH. When the second propulsion engine is fired (with the same propulsion force as the first), the craft is now traveling at a speed of 1,000+1,000 equaling a speed of 2,000 MPH.

If you continue firing these engines your speed increases with each engine burn. The ultimate speed you reach depends on how many propulsion bursts your engines can provide. One burst at a time you could reach the speed of light and beyond.

Or so it seemed~~~~~~~~

Now, some time later I discarded the above idea, a spacecraft could not contain enough fuel to propel us to distant stars.

We use the force of gravity to pull us to wherever we want to go. Magnify the force of gravity using the gravity pull of galaxies channeling that pull in a narrow band multiply the pulling force of gravity exponentially to a limitless speed.getting us to where we want to go

Then there is this guy

Isaac Arthur.

The answer is YES!!

Or so it seemed~~~~~~~~

A Dyson Sphere is a sci fi technology to encase a star, like the Sun, inside a giant sphere. Energy can be directed to move it through space. The entire Solar system then becomes a star ship, literally.
Cool

Forum List

Back