The Poverty Excuse

During the Great Depression, with much of the United States mired in grinding poverty and unemployment, some Americans found increased opportunities in criminal activities like bootlegging, robbing banks, loan-sharking—even murder.

Criminal activity was illegal then, Seattle wants to make a lot of it acceptable. Time were different then, most of the country wasn't as mobile as it is now. So, if you stole something, people knew who you were and you didn't get away with it. Seattle wants to change that. Throw in the fact the Seattle and other cities want to defund the police, right? How does anyone not see the writing on the wall?

Criminal activity has long been legal for the rich. Did Trump go to prison for his theft?

What a useless deflection.

The reason for a criminal justice system is to take justice from the victims of a crime, and let the State handle it. If the State decides to relinquish that job, then it goes back to the people.

So the people should have resorting to stringing Trump up?

Talk about not wanting to debate the actual topic at hand.

I stated exactly what I think. I'm absolutely OK with it. We are not supposed to have a two tiered justice system.

I believe that all should be treated equally, however that has to be done.

Until it's your shit being stolen.

So how are businesses supposed to handle the deluge of shoplifters that will occur if said shoplifters know they can claim poverty?

I suppose what they do is support a justice system that treats everyone equally.
Generally they do, dumbass. It's Trump haters who support unequal justice.

There was a ton of fraud and illegal actions that lead up to the 2008 crash. No one was held accountable. Banks then stole billions more in the way they addressed forclosures and no one was held accountable.
The bottom line: Trump was not charged with fraud.

It was fraud though. I've covered this over and over. We don't address the rich the same as the poor.
That's purely your opinion, and it's totally worthless.

It's a fact. The CEO of Boeing should have went to prison.

Make a poor decision while driving and kill someone and you can get charged with manslaughter. He had a poor decision that killed 350 people and he retired with over $60 million dollars.

Why not blame the people pushing for more "eco-friendly" planes which is why the 737 is having the issue in the first place?

The argument wasn't that he stole anything but being unable to actually address the argument this is where you had to go.

Your argument is the poor are poor because the rich are greedy, and I fail to see the dynamics of your claim.

I have no doubt that is true. It's why I support it all falling apart. You wait until the illegals you allow in get the right to vote. It is going to happen.
He allows them to come in? If you review the past four years, it was the Dims in Congress who prevented Trump from doing anything about illegal aliens.

Trump is the only one that prevented him from going after the businesses hiring illegals by the millions.

I have no doubt that is true. It's why I support it all falling apart. You wait until the illegals you allow in get the right to vote. It is going to happen.

Look.....I asked you for an example of how a person became poor because of the rich, and you threw out stimulus checks. Nobody became poor because a stimulus check was less than sufficient.

During the Great Depression, with much of the United States mired in grinding poverty and unemployment, some Americans found increased opportunities in criminal activities like bootlegging, robbing banks, loan-sharking—even murder.

Criminal activity was illegal then, Seattle wants to make a lot of it acceptable. Time were different then, most of the country wasn't as mobile as it is now. So, if you stole something, people knew who you were and you didn't get away with it. Seattle wants to change that. Throw in the fact the Seattle and other cities want to defund the police, right? How does anyone not see the writing on the wall?

Criminal activity has long been legal for the rich. Did Trump go to prison for his theft?

The reason for a criminal justice system is to take justice from the victims of a crime, and let the State handle it. If the State decides to relinquish that job, then it goes back to the people.

I stated exactly what I think. I'm absolutely OK with it. We are not supposed to have a two tiered justice system.

So how are businesses supposed to handle the deluge of shoplifters that will occur if said shoplifters know they can claim poverty?

I suppose what they do is support a justice system that treats everyone equally.

There was a ton of fraud and illegal actions that lead up to the 2008 crash. No one was held accountable. Banks then stole billions more in the way they addressed forclosures and no one was held accountable.

It was fraud though. I've covered this over and over. We don't address the rich the same as the poor.

Make a poor decision while driving and kill someone and you can get charged with manslaughter. He had a poor decision that killed 350 people and he retired with over $60 million dollars.

Why not blame the people pushing for more "eco-friendly" planes which is why the 737 is having the issue in the first place?

No it isn't. The problem was Airbus created a safe plane that operated in a more efficient manner and businesses were being them up. Capitalism. Boeing felt a need to take a short cut because of greed.

It's not a fact.

Manurfactured proucts kill people all the time. Take cars for instance; It's utterly impossible to build a car that is perfectly safe. People die every year because of defects in cars.

No they don't. But all the same, you have a problem with a poor person stealing to feed themselves but not a CEO killing people over greed.
Yes they do, turd. In fact, there are many instances were auto execs knew that a car has a fatal defect, but decided it was cheaper to pay off the victims than redesign the parts involved.

There is absolutely know reason for any person in this country not to get enough food to eat. None.

Look.....I asked you for an example of how a person became poor because of the rich, and you threw out stimulus checks. Nobody became poor because a stimulus check was less than sufficient.

Yes people fall further behind when the millionaires get millions more. If $15,000 a year wasn't poor before it is now.

No it isn't. The problem was Airbus created a safe plane that operated in a more efficient manner and businesses were being them up. Capitalism. Boeing felt a need to take a short cut because of greed.

Sorry, but if you can blame the CEO you can blame the people pushing for more "eco-friendly" planes.

The airlines also wanted a 737 platform, not a new platform due to training requirements, want to blame them as well?

Trump is the only one that prevented him from going after the businesses hiring illegals by the millions.

Trump doesn't go after illegals. That's what ICE is for, and after busted, it's up to the courts what to do with the accused. In our country, you need to prove that an employer intentionally hired illegals. With phony ID's and documentation, it's almost impossible to prove.

It's not a fact.

Manurfactured proucts kill people all the time. Take cars for instance; It's utterly impossible to build a car that is perfectly safe. People die every year because of defects in cars.

No they don't. But all the same, you have a problem with a poor person stealing to feed themselves but not a CEO killing people over greed.
Yes they do, turd. In fact, there are many instances were auto execs knew that a car has a fatal defect, but decided it was cheaper to pay off the victims than redesign the parts involved.

There is absolutely know reason for any person in this country not to get enough food to eat. None.

You were provided a reason. You claimed he was lying. There are tens of thousands of mentally ill people on our streets not able to make the choices to provide for themselves and rather than address that we demonize them as we see those like yourself doing here.

Yes people fall further behind when the millionaires get millions more. If $15,000 a year wasn't poor before it is now.

Still makes no sense. If a millionaire got 100 million, what does that have to do with another person being poor?

Sorry, but if you can blame the CEO you can blame the people pushing for more "eco-friendly" planes.

The airlines also wanted a 737 platform, not a new platform due to training requirements, want to blame them as well?

The buyers are pushing for more eco-friendly planes. Why wouldn't they? They are less expensive to operate.

...Boeing felt a need to take a short cut because of greed.

Do you have a link to a memo or something from Boeing along the lines of "Attention everyone, we should cut corners now because of greed"?

Still makes no sense. If a millionaire got 100 million, what does that have to do with another person being poor?

It's been explained to you. I would suggest you are just playing ignorant but I really don't know if that is true.

Are you claiming that Airbus isn't capitalist? ROFL!

What capitalist was responsible for this disaster?

iu

...Boeing felt a need to take a short cut because of greed.

Do you have a link to a memo or something from Boeing along the lines of "Attention everyone, we should cut corners now because of greed"?

Yes, it's been well documented. It's why we know what happened. Boeing execs were warned about what they were doing but did it anyway.

It's been explained to you. I would suggest you are just playing ignorant but I really don't know if that is true.
I've never seen any plausible cause/effect relationship explained.

Forum List

Back