The Pound Cake speech

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
In 2004 Bill Cosby gave a scathing speech condemning much of what is going on in Black culture. Bill pointed to such tings as the drop out of school rate in the Black community, the higher level of violence in the Black culture, the lack of pride in how they present themselves, the higher use of drugs and the higher rate of fatherless homes, etc. to communicate that the majority of suffering and pain within the Black culture is self inflicted. You can blame whitey all day, and there may even be some truth to those feelings, but at the end of the day Black homes within the Black community are not going to escape such things as poverty with a fatherless rate of about 70%. It does not even work for whites.

Naturally, there was a backlash from the Left like the article above. The response from the Left was not to consider if Bill had any good points at all. No, instead the article above simply dismisses every point Bill made,. especially on some statistics he may have had wrong, and dismisses Bill as a Black and even dismisses him as a human being by pointing to him doing jail time for drugging women and then molesting them. Therefore, Bill should just drop off the face of the earth and die because of his past sins. Everything he ever said and did has now been negated for all eternity, even the money he had generously given to the Black community to help.

What I don't know, however, is if the reason why Bill is in jail is because of that Pound Cake speech. Is the Left so diabolical, so evil, that they engage in efforts to destroy people like Bill who oppose them publicly? Am I saying Bill is innocent? No. Am I saying he is guilty? No. What I am saying is that I think he opened himself as a target, and as such, it could be that the Left will either find something in a person's past that will condemn them, or if they can't find anything, will make it up. And as Bill was recently released from jail, it appears those who were out to get him went about it in an unlawful way.

Mr. Cosby was very brave to make that speech.

Of course, many people have never forgiven him.

That is why some people were delighted when he was jailed.

And that is why some people are outraged that he is now free.

The female accusers got all the sympathy from the media during his trial.

I hear that he may now hit the road to explain that those accusers were, uh, fibbing.

I don’t know if Cosby is guilty or innocent but what is interesting, is anyone of renowned who speaks out against the establishment often ends up accused, imprisoned, or suicided. Julian Assange being a very good example. There certainly seems to be a pattern here that goes back centuries.

I don’t know if Cosby is guilty or innocent but what is interesting, is anyone of renowned who speaks out against the establishment often ends up accused, imprisoned, or suicided. Julian Assange being a very good example. There certainly seems to be a pattern here that goes back centuries.
yeah it was a conspiracy that all those women accused Cosby of the same thing

I hear that he may now hit the road to explain that those accusers were, uh, fibbing.
That would be a cute trick since he’s already admitted to drugging young women in order to have sex with them in a civil lawsuit deposition that he gave under oath.

His conviction wasn’t overturned because the evidence demonstrated his innocence, it was overturned because of an idiotic immunity deal made by one prosecutor and another idiotic prosecutor that violated that deal, AKA a technality.

While I agree with the Pennsylvania Supreme Courts decision to overturn the case based on the 5th Amendment, It doesn’t mean that the evidence that convicted him in the first place is any less damning. If Cosby is smart he’ll keep to himself about this whole imbroglio lest all the evidence in the trial that convicted him in the first place gets replayed in the court of public opinion.

Tell Bill I said to have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up” — Eddie Murphy

Cosby didn't use drugs personally but he had no problem giving drugs to other people without their knowledge.

I've never heard that he did it without their knowledge.

That is always the implication in the way the story is presented.

But if you look at it, that is not what actually happened.

What I don't know, however, is if the reason why Bill is in jail is because of that Pound Cake speech. Is the Left so diabolical, so evil, that they engage in efforts to destroy people like Bill who oppose them publicly?

There was no conspiracy of the left to bring down Bill Cosby.

There was a conspiracy of women who were frustrated by having to take on the beloved Bill Cosby by themselves.

Once the independent stories started coming out…..Cosby was brought down

What I don't know, however, is if the reason why Bill is in jail is because of that Pound Cake speech. Is the Left so diabolical, so evil, that they engage in efforts to destroy people like Bill who oppose them publicly?

There was no conspiracy of the left to bring down Bill Cosby.

There was a conspiracy of women who were frustrated by having to take on the beloved Bill Cosby by themselves.

Once the independent stories started coming out…..Cosby was brought down

Sure. It just happened to happen only AFTER he spoke out and became the enemy of the Left.

1625404598904.png

I can’t believe you’re comparing Cosby to Assange, Cosby didn’t make a career out of criticizing the establishment for its misdeeds, he made one little “speech” criticizing African American culture. Assange on the other hand actually did make a career out of criticizing and exposing the misdeeds of the establishment, knowing full well he was putting a target on his back for doing it.

You’re right though Assange has been persecuted because of his criticism of the establishment.

You’re wrong about Cosby, he was convicted of a criminal behaviour because a jury of his peers thought the evidence indicated he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There’s no credible evidence to suggest that he was “persecuted” because of that one little speech.

Sure. It just happened to happen only AFTER he spoke out and became the enemy of the Left.
Are you really that stupid?

Cosby made that speech in 2004
He was arrested in 2017

You need to google the word “coincidence”

I can’t believe you’re comparing Cosby to Assange, Cosby didn’t make a career out of criticizing the establishment for its misdeeds, he made one little “speech” criticizing African American culture. Assange on the other hand actually did make a career out of criticizing and exposing the misdeeds of the establishment, knowing full well he was putting a target on his back for doing it.

You’re right though Assange has been persecuted because of his criticism of the establishment.

You’re wrong about Cosby, he was convicted of a criminal behaviour because a jury of his peers thought the evidence indicated he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There’s no credible evidence to suggest that he was “persecuted” because of that one little speech.

The way the left lied about his words, and then he was arrested, looks a lot like cause and effect.

He was arrested in 2017

And was exchanging favors for sex with these women over decades, decades before that.

FUnny how you left that out of the timeline....

1625404934057.png

He was arrested in 2017

And was exchanging favors for sex with these women over decades, decades before that.

View attachment 508643
Again you need to Google the word coincidence

Cosby was raping women both before and after the 2004 speech
He was not exchanging favors for sex
He was luring women to his home by promising to help with their careers. He then drugged them and raped them.
That is not an exchange

He was arrested in 2017

View attachment 508643

He was luring women to his home by promising to help with their careers. He then drugged them and raped them.
That is not an exchange

He did not drug them. You are a lying whore.

"All great men are both great and terrible".... David Mcollough
"The most successful people are often the most dangerous"... Jordan Peterson

And to those quotes, Cosby is no different. The type of personality it takes to rise above others, to beat the odds... to take great risks, to crush those around you to propel yourself... is the same personality of someone who is also likely to do terrible things. These types of people generally do want they want to do. And if they want to do something bad - they do it.
Bill Cosby is complex. His entire career from early standup to writing books, and creating his own TV shows... all of them.. had moral lessons in them. His original Saturday Morning cartoons "Fat Albert" was entirely about doing the right thing.
Yet... in private. He showed a dark side. A man who could likely have sex freely from almost any girl he wanted... instead prefered to have sex with them in a semi conscious state.. or probably even unconscious.

Forgive me I meant no comparison.

He was arrested in 2017

View attachment 508643

That is not an exchange

He did not drug them. You are a lying whore.
More alternate reality from Conservatives

Forum List

Back