The pollsters were wrong -- again. Why do we listen to them?

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
Every single major election year, they do it to us. They offer us numbers, and people interested in politics mainline them like heroin. We’re soothed. We’re calmed. Soon we are hungry for more, more, more. By election night, we junkies end up fried, damaged, and in need of rehab.

It’s time to go cold turkey before our last brain cells are destroyed.

Donald Trump won Florida by 3.5 points. In 2016, he won Florida by 1.1. Last night he tripled his margin of victory. And the polling? The final 538 average had Joe Biden winning Florida by 2.5 points. It was off by 5.

You’ll hear people say this is a normal polling error, not a systemic failure. Bullbleep. This is the third race in a row (Presidency 2016, Governor and Senate 2018, and this) in which Florida polling was almost comically wrong.

Why does anyone still listen to them?

Every single major election year, they do it to us. They offer us numbers, and people interested in politics mainline them like heroin. We’re soothed. We’re calmed. Soon we are hungry for more, more, more. By election night, we junkies end up fried, damaged, and in need of rehab.

Donald Trump won Florida by 3.5 points. In 2016, he won Florida by 1.1. Last night he tripled his margin of victory. And the polling? The final 538 average had Joe Biden winning Florida by 2.5 points. It was off by 5.

You’ll hear people say this is a normal polling error, not a systemic failure. Bullbleep. This is the third race in a row (Presidency 2016, Governor and Senate 2018, and this) in which Florida polling was almost comically wrong.

I lie to them when they ask, Simply put non of your business pollster. They use polls to manipulate and sway.

I lie to them when they ask, Simply put non of your business pollster. They use polls to manipulate and sway.

I think it's a two part problem. One part of the problem is what you note.

Another part is things are different now. I saw one pollster stating why they got white, non college educated young males wrong. They way undercounted their support for Trump. They got it wrong because there is no good way to poll them. They aren't going to reply when you call their cell phone.

I use to have a link somewhere that showed the history of presidential poll predictions, and most all of them were wrong.
I remember my dad telling me years ago, never can trust what the polls say.

SO MUCH FOR JOE'S CLAIMED DOUBLE DIGIT LEAD. If Biden wins at all, I bet he does so in fewer states by a thinner margin than the 77,000 they've bitched about with Trump these past few years.

Then when you consider the MILLIONS of ballots being accepted which were:
  1. Never requested.
  2. Did not follow or abide by the rules.
  3. Has no signature or one not matching voter records.
  4. Wasn't even received by Election Day.
No doubt Trump DID win by millions of votes and we are witnessing America's first overt stolen election. A Coup d'DNC.

Note to lib pollsters:

Do something useful for the remainder of your lives.

MacDonalds is hiring

Another part is things are different now. I saw one pollster stating why they got white, non college educated young males wrong. They way undercounted their support for Trump. They got it wrong because there is no good way to poll them. They aren't going to reply when you call their cell phone.

You forgot part three ...
If they would just stop making up the numbers to fit their narrative. they would be more accurate.

You forgot part three ...
If they would just stop making up the numbers to fit their narrative. they would be more accurate.

That fits into problem one.

/——/ Wish I had a job where I get paid for being wrong consistently, financial planner? Weatherman? Pollster?

They make fake polls to discourage right wing voters. If it didnt work they wouldnt do it, but unfortunately it does work. The media cheats for the left wing and it should be illegal.

Forum List

Back