'The politics of racial division': Trump borrows Nixon's 'southern strategy'

With such rhetoric, the president is taking a page or two out of the 1960s “southern strategy”: the playbook Republican politicians such as Richard Nixon and Barry Goldwater used to rally political support among white voters across the south by leveraging racism and white fear of people of color.

There doesnt seem to be much else in his approach. I know that his friends on here will lap it up but surely educated Americans will hold their noses.

The problem with that is Nixon had the advantage of LBJ being in charge when the riots were occurring.

"I'm the only one who can save you from the chaos occurring on my watch" doesn't pass the laugh test.
Its a marked difference isnt it. Trump is basically saying " look at all these awful things happening" What he isnt saying is "on my watch".
Its a huge Emperors New Clothes issue.
/----/ You tell us what he supposed to do in democRAT run cities that refuse Trump's help? Tell us, brain fart.
What is the point in voting for him then ? He is impotent, got no ideas and cant make a difference.

Donald Trump has warned that if Joe Biden replaces him as president the suburbs will be flooded with low-income housing. He has backed supporters who have sometimes violently clashed with Black Lives Matter protesters across the country. The US president has even refrained from directly condemning the actions of a teenager charged with killing two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

'He is a coward': Trump condemned for reportedly calling US war dead ‘suckers’
Read more

And Trump has also called the BLM movement a “symbol of hate”.

With such rhetoric, the president is taking a page or two out of the 1960s “southern strategy”: the playbook Republican politicians such as Richard Nixon and Barry Goldwater used to rally political support among white voters across the south by leveraging racism and white fear of people of color.

There doesnt seem to be much else in his approach. I know that his friends on here will lap it up but surely educated Americans will hold their noses.

How dare he call the radical movement what it is.....

The problem with that is Nixon had the advantage of LBJ being in charge when the riots were occurring.

"I'm the only one who can save you from the chaos occurring on my watch" doesn't pass the laugh test.
Its a marked difference isnt it. Trump is basically saying " look at all these awful things happening" What he isnt saying is "on my watch".
/----/ You tell us what he supposed to do in democRAT run cities that refuse Trump's help? Tell us, brain fart.
What is the point in voting for him then ? He is impotent, got no ideas and cant make a difference.
what do you care you limey bastard???

not your country so not your business,,,

/—-/ Stop playing stupid. You know damn well the president can’t send in the National Guard without the Governors OK. If he does, Orange Man Bad, if he doesn’t. Orange Man Bad.

Donald Trump has warned that if Joe Biden replaces him as president the suburbs will be flooded with low-income housing. He has backed supporters who have sometimes violently clashed with Black Lives Matter protesters across the country. The US president has even refrained from directly condemning the actions of a teenager charged with killing two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Read more

You're not educated. You're indoctrinated. Big difference.

I live in one of the most diverse suburban upper middle class communities in America- Whites, Blacks, Latinos, Asians. Everyone sings with one voice about low-income housing, Section 8 housing, reverse-busing. No one wants it. Why? Because everyone is unified in their commonality of having saved, risked, and sacrificed to be where they are for a good quality of life for their families and children. No one wants the expected crime, violence, and vandalism that comes with low income housing mixed in with their biggest investments. The community bears all the risks, the government bears none.

It’s not racism, it’s economics.
/-----/ " No one wants the expected crime, violence, and vandalism that comes with low income housing mixed in with their biggest investments. "
Apparently Tommy Taint does. Of course, he won't have to deal with it.

He just likes the brown members if ya get my drift.

Read more

If you look closely, the impeached president trump has used Nixon's "Southern Strategy" far less than Hitler's Nazi strategy. History scholars have warned since the 2016 presidential campaign that the impeached president trump's style of "hate-speech" mirrors that of the Nazi leader. The racially insensitive rhetoric employed by Nixon was far less divisive and much less effective in motivating (and justifying) the racism now exhibited by U.S. law enforcement officers and the RWNJs.

Read more

If you look closely, the impeached president trump has used Nixon's "Southern Strategy" far less than Hitler's Nazi strategy. History scholars have warned since the 2016 presidential campaign that the impeached president trump's style of "hate-speech" mirrors that of the Nazi leader. The racially insensitive rhetoric employed by Nixon was far less divisive and much less effective in motivating (and justifying) the racism now exhibited by U.S. law enforcement officers and the RWNJs.

/——-/ You use the Orange Man Bad strategy... Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

Nixon runs a successful campaign. Another candidate decides to copy that successful strategy. What is wrong with that? Aren't candidates supposed to try to win elections?

The middle class has been shrinking because lefties allow rampant immigration, both legal and illegal. Not to mention allowing cheap crap from China to flood our markets, putting companies out of business or forcing them to move manufacturing overseas.

Two problems with that statement.

First, the "Illegals" are doing jobs the middle class doesn't want to do, and that's been the case for decades.

Second, nobody is "allowing" cheap crap from China, we are BUYING cheap crap from China. I'll tell you what the end result of Trump's actions against China are. These companies are just moving their plants to Malaysia or Vietnam. So next we'll hear about how the Vietnamese are taking our jobs.

Exactly. You can't run as President of "Half the Country where most people don't live".

Read more

I barely remember Nixon. A sweaty little crook. I find it difficult to judge donny against any politician. He is a one off head case who should be in a place where nurses can keep him safe.

The middle class has been shrinking because lefties allow rampant immigration, both legal and illegal. Not to mention allowing cheap crap from China to flood our markets, putting companies out of business or forcing them to move manufacturing overseas.

Two problems with that statement.

First, the "Illegals" are doing jobs the middle class doesn't want to do, and that's been the case for decades.

Second, nobody is "allowing" cheap crap from China, we are BUYING cheap crap from China. I'll tell you what the end result of Trump's actions against China are. These companies are just moving their plants to Malaysia or Vietnam. So next we'll hear about how the Vietnamese are taking our jobs.
If they are going to Nam or Malaysia, it is not Trump's fault. That started decades ago. And this is a problem that needs solving. The Chinese equivalent of our Congress is not a comedy club. The have a purpose and a plan and cheap capitalist labor married to communist doctrine. They will be a threat and are a threat in many ways today. Biden won't fix that. China is powerful because of people like Biden. He helped to pass the laws to give China most favored nation status.

If they are going to Nam or Malaysia, it is not Trump's fault. That started decades ago. And this is a problem that needs solving. The Chinese equivalent of our Congress is not a comedy club. The have a purpose and a plan and cheap capitalist labor married to communist doctrine. They will be a threat and are a threat in many ways today. Biden won't fix that. China is powerful because of people like Biden. He helped to pass the laws to give China most favored nation status.

China's internal problems aren't our problems.

We want to be more competitive, then we need to do what China did- invest in education, infrastructure, business partnerships.

The real enemy is the guys in the silk suits trying to get bigger bonuses on the back of workers, whether they be in the US, China or Vietnam.

I live in one of the most diverse suburban upper middle class communities in America- Whites, Blacks, Latinos, Asians. Everyone sings with one voice about low-income housing, Section 8 housing, reverse-busing. No one wants it. Why? Because everyone is unified in their commonality of having saved, risked, and sacrificed to be where they are for a good quality of life for their families and children. No one wants the expected crime, violence, and vandalism that comes with low income housing mixed in with their biggest investments. The community bears all the risks, the government bears none.

Wrong.

Trump’s lies and fearmongering about persons of color coming to the suburbs is further proof of the fact that Trump is a racist and bigot.

Wrong.

Trump’s lies and fearmongering about persons of color coming to the suburbs is further proof of the fact that Trump is a racist and bigot.
/——/ The only lies are coming out of your mouth, Stooge.

Wrong.

Blacks, Latinos, and Asians - Minorities - don’t want low income people of any shade- including whites- coming in with their trailer parks and Section 8 housing fucking up their investment. Prove me wrong.

Forum List

Back