'The politics of racial division': Trump borrows Nixon's 'southern strategy'

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Donald Trump has warned that if Joe Biden replaces him as president the suburbs will be flooded with low-income housing. He has backed supporters who have sometimes violently clashed with Black Lives Matter protesters across the country. The US president has even refrained from directly condemning the actions of a teenager charged with killing two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

'He is a coward': Trump condemned for reportedly calling US war dead ‘suckers’
Read more

And Trump has also called the BLM movement a “symbol of hate”.

With such rhetoric, the president is taking a page or two out of the 1960s “southern strategy”: the playbook Republican politicians such as Richard Nixon and Barry Goldwater used to rally political support among white voters across the south by leveraging racism and white fear of people of color.

There doesnt seem to be much else in his approach. I know that his friends on here will lap it up but surely educated Americans will hold their noses.

President Obama worked hard to try and Ghettoize the American suburbs when he was in office. He had no respect for American Suburbia ,the habitat of the American Middle Class. Obama said that suburbia "bored him".

Obama's policy to plant low income people in the middle of bucolic subdivisions was a long term plan, one that he wouldn't do in his neighborhood in Kalorama, Washington DC.

The "Southern Strategy" wasn't demonic, in spite of how modern libs present it. After the GOP buried Jim Crow in the 1960's, they started to compete for votes in the American South. Before the 1960's, the South was solidly liberal. But over a couple of generations, the South dumped the Gores and Clintons by the year 2000

More Blacks will vote for Trump in this Election compared to other Republicans in recent elections.

Libs are having a conniption with Trump's Ghetto Strategy, where The Donald has the Chutzpah to actually compete for black votes. as a Republican.

If Trump succeeds, libs will start to demonize black people like they have been demonize Southern Honkies. They think they own the blacks.

I live in one of the most diverse suburban upper middle class communities in America- Whites, Blacks, Latinos, Asians. Everyone sings with one voice about low-income housing, Section 8 housing, reverse-busing. No one wants it. Why? Because everyone is unified in their commonality of having saved, risked, and sacrificed to be where they are for a good quality of life for their families and children. No one wants the expected crime, violence, and vandalism that comes with low income housing mixed in with their biggest investments. The community bears all the risks, the government bears none.

It’s not racism, it’s economics.

Donald Trump has warned that if Joe Biden replaces him as president the suburbs will be flooded with low-income housing. He has backed supporters who have sometimes violently clashed with Black Lives Matter protesters across the country. The US president has even refrained from directly condemning the actions of a teenager charged with killing two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Read more

With such rhetoric, the president is taking a page or two out of the 1960s “southern strategy”: the playbook Republican politicians such as Richard Nixon and Barry Goldwater used to rally political support among white voters across the south by leveraging racism and white fear of people of color.

There doesnt seem to be much else in his approach. I know that his friends on here will lap it up but surely educated Americans will hold their noses.

The teenager is a hero who defended himself against your pedophile friends.

President Trump is an obvious hero as well, for standing up to your bullshit.

Read more

/----/ You deny that is the democRATs' plan? Biden Seeks to Abolish America's Suburban Communities

I live in one of the most diverse suburban upper middle class communities in America- Whites, Blacks, Latinos, Asians. Everyone sings with one voice about low-income housing, Section 8 housing, reverse-busing. No one wants it. Why? Because everyone is unified in their commonality of having saved, risked, and sacrificed to be where they are for a good quality of life for their families and children. No one wants the expected crime, violence, and vandalism that comes with low income housing mixed in with their biggest investments. The community bears all the risks, the government bears none.

/-----/ " No one wants the expected crime, violence, and vandalism that comes with low income housing mixed in with their biggest investments. "
Apparently Tommy Taint does. Of course, he won't have to deal with it.

Read more

1 You are a race baiting asshole.

2. The Southern Strategy is a nonsensical conspiracy theory based on magic code words. You are a lying prick.

3. Liberals have been discussing moving section 8 housing into suburbs for quite some time. Your pretense that is not a real issue, is you being a lying prick.

4. The teenager was defending himself from a violent mob. The killings were completely justified and right. You are a lying prick.

5. THE BLM movement is a symbol of hate. You are a lying prick.

6. Neither nixon nor goldwater used wacism as you suggest. You are a lying prick.

7. Did I remember to mention that you are a race baiting asshole?

Middle Class Suburban communities are built for family life. If an adult wants to live across the street from the Carter and see crack deals going down on the street, and thinks that watching hoes, pimps, fairies on the street corner adds local flavor, that's fine. But it isn't wholesome for kids to see.

The problem with that is Nixon had the advantage of LBJ being in charge when the riots were occurring.

"I'm the only one who can save you from the chaos occurring on my watch" doesn't pass the laugh test.

Naw, it's racism. It's scaring white people into voting for more of Trump's failure.

Kind of hard to scare a suburban mom into something that might happen in 10 years when they are threatened by Trump Plague and Trump Recession right now, though.

Read more

You’re blaming President Trump for pointing out the policies of Slo Joe and the Democrats?

The Democratic Party’s agenda for the last 40+ years has been the Detroitification of America. Feel free to visit any of these Dem run shit holes like Chicago, Baltimore, and Detroit’s worst neighborhoods. You should lecture the locals there about gun violence too, since you care so much about it. Let us know how that goes.

The problem with that is Nixon had the advantage of LBJ being in charge when the riots were occurring.

"I'm the only one who can save you from the chaos occurring on my watch" doesn't pass the laugh test.
Its a marked difference isnt it. Trump is basically saying " look at all these awful things happening" What he isnt saying is "on my watch".
Its a huge Emperors New Clothes issue.

You’re blaming President Trump for pointing out the policies of Slo Joe and the Democrats?

The Democratic Party’s agenda for the last 40+ years has been the Detroitification of America. Feel free to visit any of these Dem run shit holes like Chicago, Baltimore, and Detroit’s worst neighborhoods. You should lecture the locals there about gun violence too, since you care so much about it. Let us know how that goes.

Uh, guy, Republicans have been in charge of the country for 24 of the last 40 years...

If there is a reason why the big cities look the way they do now, it's because for the last 40 years, Republicans have been demolishing the middle class.

1599313173832.png

Its a marked difference isnt it. Trump is basically saying " look at all these awful things happening" What he isnt saying is "on my watch".
/----/ You tell us what he supposed to do in democRAT run cities that refuse Trump's help? Tell us, brain fart.

Uh, guy, Republicans have been in charge of the country for 24 of the last 40 years...

If there is a reason why the big cities look the way they do now, it's because for the last 40 years, Republicans have been demolishing the middle class.

View attachment 384753

The Middle Class lives in Suburbia, not the big failed inner cities. The inner city Ghettos have been shit long before the past 40 years. My aunts lived in the Tremendous suburban town of Grosse Pointe, Michigan. They died in the early 80's, but as along as I knew them, they really didn't like it if you inferred they lived in "Detroit".

The failure of the inner cities predates the death of MLK

Hateful fools throwing a violent tantrum aren't a reflection of the object of their hatred, nor is that object responsible for the actions of those hateful fools.

Also, you realize that you dyed in the wool lefties are the only ones who think Trump's at fault for the riots, right? Even your favorite push poll reflects that reality.

View attachment 384753
The middle class has been shrinking because lefties allow rampant immigration, both legal and illegal. Not to mention allowing cheap crap from China to flood our markets, putting companies out of business or forcing them to move manufacturing overseas.

For the last 40+ years Washington has allowed this to happen, including Beijing Biden. President Trump is the first one to come along and try to put a stop to all this madness, and you Dems have fought him every step of the way.

Here’s a marked difference. Trump is also correctly pointing out that more of the awful things are occurring in cities that have been subject to Democrat rule for 50 plus years.

Forum List

Back