... the poison is in the dose ...

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
We just had a very special birthday at our house but we don't bake big cakes because then we'd eat them and next thing ya know, we'd be fat and diabetic. Not good. So, in case someone else feels the same, here's a sin that won't put you in the next size up. Note that I didn't say it's low-cal but, like I said, the poison is in the dose.

Grey Fox's Birthday Cake

1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup almond milk*
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup semisweet choc chips

1. In a small mixing bowl, stir together four, sugar, cocoa pwdr and salt. Add milk, butter, eggs and vanilla. Stir well, fold in choc chips.

2. Divide batter between two microwave-safe mugs and sprinkling extra choc chips on top.

3. Microwave both cups together on high for 2 minutes. The cakes should be very moist and gooey in the middle. Allow cakes to cool for 15 minutes before serving.

No frosting needed because the choc chips are so rich and gooey in the center and on top.

Enjoy!

*Since we're not baby cows, we don't drink cow's milk. Almond milk is a lot more nutritious, fewer calories/fat, doesn't feel gummy/icky, tastes better. I've never had it with cow's milk.

Forum List

Back