The Planet is Heating Up Faster than Models Predict -- James Hansen

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A

James Hansen whose 1988 testimony before Congress was the first many had heard of global warming, has co-published a study in which he claims that the globe is warming faster than models predict primarily because of reductions in aerosol emissions from China and internationally from shipping. Michael Mann disagrees, noting that the truth is bad enough. Hansen says the 1.5C threshold is dead as a doornail and keeping us withing 2C by 2050 will require concerted effort. Hansen suggests we consider the use of solar geoengineering though several other experts warn that such a strategy poses severe dangers. The article notes that June, July, August, September and October of this year have all set monthly global temperature records

James Hansen whose 1988 testimony before Congress was the first many had heard of global warming, has co-published a study in which he claims that the globe is warming faster than models predict primarily because of reductions in aerosol emissions from China and internationally from shipping. Michael Mann disagrees, noting that the truth is bad enough. Hansen says the 1.5C threshold is dead as a doornail and keeping us withing 2C by 2050 will require concerted effort. Hansen suggests we consider the use of solar geoengineering though several other experts warn that such a strategy poses severe dangers. The article notes that June, July, August, September and October of this year have all set monthly global temperature records

yeah..for cold weather. LOLOL Thank goodness we're going into WIN. TER. so that the globe will cool off a little.

SpongePanic.gif

Michael Mann disagrees, noting that the truth is bad enough.

Mann pushing for another Nobel Prize?

Bless them both for their past efforts. Curse them both for selling out on nuclear energy. Hansen now supporting solar geoengineering is also wacked. My humble new avatar made me say it.

I'm sure I'll be long dead before the earth warms up to catch fire all at once. So for me it makes sense to keep driving my paid for gas guzzling pickup truck and keep cooking on my old gas stove until it dies.

I'm sure I'll be long dead before the earth warms up to catch fire all at once. So for me it makes sense to keep driving my paid for gas guzzling pickup truck and keep cooking on my old gas stove until it dies.
Will there be any humans left here after you "depart this mortal coil"? Do you care about anyone else?

Michael “Tree Ring” Mann. It’s like quoting Bernie Madoff’s accountant!

So did these geniuses say we have to shut down Chinas economy??

The reason why we are getting these stupid dishonest papers and reports in because a major Climate Summit is coming up.

The reason why we are getting these stupid dishonest papers and reports in because a major Climate Summit is coming up.
You have presented no evidence critical of Hansen's paper. That would be stupid and dishonest of you.

Forum List

Back