The panel's stated purpose drips of irony.

Weird -

You write "both parties" and then give examples of only Democrat proposals.
Good, you noticed that. Did you not notice that the posts to which I was responding only listed the Republican fringe? It's called balance.

Yeah, yeah, I get all the platitudes and appeals to patriotism and all that, but why do you think there's all of a sudden such a big push?
Easy.

Republicans Filed A Record Number Of Anti-Voting Lawsuits In 2022​

Easy.

Republicans Filed A Record Number Of Anti-Voting Lawsuits In 2022​

Both parties are eyeing the same groups of people, the low and uneducated that are more likely to vote democrat. The democrats are trying to get them to the polls, or even better, get them to their local party operative who can "assist" them in voting the right way, and the Republicans are trying to discourage them from voting. This is political war, and expecting a major party to play nice and by all the rules of polite society went out the window in recent years when the Republicans decided to start fighting like democrats.

Both parties are eyeing the same groups of people, the low and uneducated that are more likely to vote democrat. The democrats are trying to get them to the polls, or even better, get them to their local party operative who can "assist" them in voting the right way, and the Republicans are trying to discourage them from voting. This is political war, and expecting a major party to play nice and by all the rules of polite society went out the window in recent years when the Republicans decided to start fighting like democrats.

Nope

Republicans are trying to extract them from The Cult deprogram and educate them.

At that point the former cultists are more likely to vote Republican, A Republican Vote is much more valuable than them simply not voting.

House GOP approves resolution to create panel to probe ‘weaponization’ of federal government

Republican lawmakers on Tuesday gave their approval to a new House subcommittee designed to probe the “weaponization” of the federal government, giving the panel access to sensitive intelligence and the power to oversee ongoing criminal investigations.

The resolution passed in a party-line vote, 221-211.

https://thehill.com/homenews/380758...to-probe-weaponization-of-federal-government/

The irony speaks for itself. To see the peril you have to look behind the curtain.

GOP’s ‘weaponization’ panel would have power to review those probing Trump
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...uld-have-power-to-review-those-probing-trump/

Got it? I'm sure we all do. In trying to think of a parallel to show Repubs the insidious nature of what they're doing I thought of this hypothetical example.

DoJ launches investigations in to House members investigating Hunter Biden

Now do you see?
Very scared, aren't you?

Nope

Republicans are trying to extract them from The Cult deprogram and educate them.

At that point the former cultists are more likely to vote Republican, A Republican Vote is much more valuable than them simply not voting.
Repubs are the cult.

Well, they're not allowed to work with the evil Satanic demonic Hitler commies, so it gives them something to do.

If they find something, great. If not, they can blame the Deep State and keep the base happy and feeling victimized.

I assume you agree with the new investigations. You were down with the previous congress investigations, no?

Forum List

Back