The panel's stated purpose drips of irony.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
House GOP approves resolution to create panel to probe ‘weaponization’ of federal government

Republican lawmakers on Tuesday gave their approval to a new House subcommittee designed to probe the “weaponization” of the federal government, giving the panel access to sensitive intelligence and the power to oversee ongoing criminal investigations.

The resolution passed in a party-line vote, 221-211.

https://thehill.com/homenews/380758...to-probe-weaponization-of-federal-government/

The irony speaks for itself. To see the peril you have to look behind the curtain.

GOP’s ‘weaponization’ panel would have power to review those probing Trump
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...uld-have-power-to-review-those-probing-trump/

Got it? I'm sure we all do. In trying to think of a parallel to show Repubs the insidious nature of what they're doing I thought of this hypothetical example.

DoJ launches investigations in to House members investigating Hunter Biden

Now do you see?

I complain about stupid Republicans, but Democrats ain't much better ... irony would be this panel actually ignoring weaponization ... what you mean is that it's paradoxical for Republicans to be probing what they themselves are doing ...

Congress already has this power, if they want it ... 2/3's of both houses makes this law ... the courts won't interfere with any OVERSIGHT powers ... which is the claim in the OP ...

Interfering with criminal investigations is another matter ... this is done by withholding money from a criminal investigation ... the courts always support Congress in this ...

Since when has being a hypocrite been a problem for you moonbats?
Hypocrisy is the least of the concerns here. The concern is over the House Crazies, most of whom voted to overturn the 2020 election.........

.........being empowered to use their positions to protect themselves and their political allies by giving them the power to oversee “ongoing criminal investigations.”

Supporters of the Dem gestapo kangaroo courts and witch hunts
I see you are steeped in the juvenile hyperbole of right wing media. Indicating a lack of interest in discussing what the House Repubs are doing.

Hypocrisy is the least of the concerns here. The concern is over the House Crazies, most of whom voted to overturn the 2020 election.........

.........being empowered to use their positions to protect themselves and their political allies by giving them the power to oversee “ongoing criminal investigations.”
If you have nothing to hide......

Cuts both ways, moonbat.

I see you are steeped in the juvenile hyperbole of right wing media. Indicating a lack of interest in discussing what the House Repubs are doing.
The very idea that you could invoke irony is uproarious.

IronyMeter1X..gif

Well, they're not allowed to work with the evil Satanic demonic Hitler commies, so it gives them something to do.

If they find something, great. If not, they can blame the Deep State and keep the base happy and feeling victimized.
This is something more sinister than appeasing the base. Beyond their continued attempts to defend Trump, members of this panel are likely to be subjects of the DoJ investigation. Especially that of Jack Smith. The purpose is clear. Just as Repubs and Trump did with Mueller, the goal will be to assassinate the character and impugn the motives of the DoJ investigators in order to try to discredit their work. It's something fascists do.

This is something more sinister than appeasing the base. Beyond their continued attempts to defend Trump, members of this panel are likely to be subjects of the DoJ investigation. Especially that of Jack Smith. The purpose is clear. Just as Repubs and Trump did with Mueller, the goal will be to assassinate the character and impugn the motives of the DoJ investigators in order to try to discredit their work. It's something fascists do.
Yeah, can't argue. They think this is their last chance, and they're going to pull out all the stops. They've already jettisoned rule of law, so they won't stop.

So now it will be up to the electorate in 2024. If these people come fully out of the closet, and aren't voted out, we deserve what we get.

House GOP approves resolution to create panel to probe ‘weaponization’ of federal government

Republican lawmakers on Tuesday gave their approval to a new House subcommittee designed to probe the “weaponization” of the federal government, giving the panel access to sensitive intelligence and the power to oversee ongoing criminal investigations.

The resolution passed in a party-line vote, 221-211.

https://thehill.com/homenews/380758...to-probe-weaponization-of-federal-government/

The irony speaks for itself. To see the peril you have to look behind the curtain.

GOP’s ‘weaponization’ panel would have power to review those probing Trump
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...uld-have-power-to-review-those-probing-trump/

Got it? I'm sure we all do. In trying to think of a parallel to show Repubs the insidious nature of what they're doing I thought of this hypothetical example.

DoJ launches investigations in to House members investigating Hunter Biden

Now do you see?
I see the democrats once again having something they launched turn around and bite them in the butt. Apparently, they are incapable of imagining that Republicans will act like democrats do when they regain power, and why should they? Republicans have always been statesmen and refused to get in the mud with democrats, so it's a shock to them that the new generation of Republicans doesn't mind getting their hands dirty and playing the political game like democrats.

If We the People believed you ... we would have voted in others ... the House is Republican now because Democrats fucked up these past two years ... or fucked off more likely ... so We the People fired them ...

Damn I am old enough to remember when Democrats would have celebrated this.
Of course, that was a whole different type of Democrat.

No, I am a well-educated, politically independent small business owner who was a political science minor while at school and has been politically aware for well over 50 years.

Good try, though, IQ80.

Damn I am old enough to remember when Democrats would have celebrated this.
Of course, that was a whole different type of Democrat.
It has been an amazing thing to watch for those of us old enough and aware enough to notice, hasn't it?

Forum List

Back