The only thing to fear is fear itself

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Those words have never been more true than today.
Donald Trump was elected by exploiting and inflaming fear

Frightened, fearful usually lose.

We are a better nation than to let those that are most fearful dictate who we are.

We are a country of the brave not the fearful

After 8 years of the most divisive POTUS since Lincoln, we needed a change.

We are a better nation than to let those that are most fearful dictate who we are.

The left has stoked as much fear as the right. You're all becoming more irrational by the day

OK, everything is going wonderfully. You be the 1st to step up and hire about 20 people at 25 bucks an hour, not including benefits!

You won't! You can't! Why not? Are you afraid or something-)

Another freaking cliche quote by FDR? I wonder if the only thing American citizens of Japanese descent had to fear was fear itself while agents of the Roosevelt government were rounding them up and placing them behind barbed wire without due process.

Very originnal.

Another freaking cliche quote by FDR? I wonder if the only thing American citizens of Japanese descent had to fear was fear itself while agents of the Roosevelt government were rounding them up and placing them behind barbed wire without due process.
The Japs (of Japan) were infiltrating Hawaii and California with spies.

FDR had no choice.

The best thing for the Japanese-Americans at the time was to bite the bullet and endure it.

Fear in general is paralyzing.

One must first overcome fear in order to be able to fight.

FDR was quite right.

It is often amazing to me how such a rich man as FDR gained such great insights? However he was right.

I do not agree with FDR's decision to move the Pacific Fleet from San Diego to Hawaii however. That decision by him alone was a massive blunder and it cost 2,403 American lives. That's almost as bad as what "W" Bush lost on 9-11 (2,996+).

Last edited:

Of course, those words from FDR were never true and if you had even half a functioning brain you would know that. FDR was trying to bolster the courage of the people precisely because there was so much to fear. When you quote them it sounds more like Neville Chamberlain saying he had achieved "peace in our time" after signing the infamous Munich Pact and shortly before Britain was forced to declare war on Germany.

Of course, those words from FDR were never true and if you had even half a functioning brain you would know that. FDR was trying to bolster the courage of the people precisely because there was so much to fear. When you quote them it sounds more like Neville Chamberlain saying he had achieved "peace in our time" after signing the infamous Munich Pact and shortly before Britain was forced to declare war on Germany.
you speak as one who is fearful, grow a couple

I am confident that the Federal Courts and the JCS will be able to bridle DJT sufficiently to avoid yet another Nixon.

I was more worried about Hillary's gun ban than anything else.

I love my cat and I love my guns.

I hated Hillary.

I am confident that the Federal Courts and the JCS will be able to bridle DJT sufficiently to avoid yet another Nixon.

I was more worried about Hillary's gun ban than anything else.

I love my cat and I love my guns.

I hated Hillary.
What gun ban, Einstein? This I gotta hear

Fairly amusing when you consider the lefts main campaign strategy in 2016 was to try and hype the fear of what not just Donald Trump but any Republican President what mean for the country.

Fairly amusing when you consider the lefts main campaign strategy in 2016 was to try and hype the fear of what not just Donald Trump but any Republican President what mean for the country.
We are beginning to see just what a Trump presidency will be, and his approvals are at rock bottom

Few people realize that it is the JCS (Joint Chiefs Of Staff) that are the main preservers of American Liberty more than anybody else.

It is no longer possible for a major riot of peoples to oppose the US military.

In the case of an imminent tyranny, I foresee them conferring together then speaking with one of the alternate successors to the President, or several of them, and then the SCOTUS chief justice, Speaker Of The House, and Leaders of the Senate.

Then with their concurrence Marines would take the POTUS prisoner at The White House.

This could have happened with Nixon as well, but he stepped down voluntarily instead.

DJT may or may not be the type to step down, but it does not matter.

If he crosses the line the JCS's would force him.

There is nothing to fear.

Forum List

Back