The one thing Obama was 100% correct about.

superpacs are a threat to our democracy. Now before you go off half cocked i get the free speech routine. And you are right. Problem is most of the electorate is ignorant of the truth and those same people that are ignorant of the facts don't search for truth but they do vote. Just a few ads this year have already spewed a shit ton of garbage on both sides and most won't dig for the truth. Just like tm

i have said all along that our campaign's should be publicly financed. Money doesn't buy elections, the most effective lies do.

And we've only seen the beginning of this nonsense. Nothing good will come of all this money in our elections. Even if romney wins it's a downward spiral.

money is not speech.

Otherwise, we agree.

x2

That is a tad Simplistic. Yes Money is not Speech, but the money is spent on Ads, which are speech. Super pacs are a way for a Bunch of people who normally could not be heard on their own to pool their Money and be heard.

All we need is for them to do is open up the Donor lists. IMO

money is not speech.

Otherwise, we agree.

x2

That is a tad Simplistic. Yes Money is not Speech, but the money is spent on Ads, which are speech. Super pacs are a way for a Bunch of people who normally could not be heard on their own to pool their Money and be heard.

No more simplistic than the ludicrous "corporations are people".

How many SuperPacs are like that which you described and how many are Sheldon Adleson?

yeah spending almost $4 fucking trillion annually isn't the problem its the couple hundred million even a billion spent talking about it.

LOL

How many SuperPacs are like that which you described and how many are Sheldon Adleson?

We don't really know because they wont say who gives to them. I am sure most of them seek out Donations from Everyone, not just Cooperation's, and I am sure some of them are like you say. Point is before super pacs what could the little guy do other than give 5k Directly to the Candidate. If they have an issue they want pushed what are they to do take out a classified? with Super Pacs they can give money to a Pac that pushes their issues and be heard. Not saying it's perfect but with some Changes they would not be all bad.

We don't really know because they wont say who gives to them. I am sure most of them seek out Donations from Everyone, not just Cooperation's, and I am sure some of them are like you say. Point is before super pacs what could the little guy do other than give 5k Directly to the Candidate. If they have an issue they want pushed what are they to do take out a classified? with Super Pacs they can give money to a Pac that pushes their issues and be heard. Not saying it's perfect but with some Changes they would not be all bad.

Agreed. Transparency is a damn good step in the right direction. I want to know EXACTLY who is funding those ads.. And not just some bullshit "Americans for Unicorns that fart glitter".

I want to know who the bundlers are. Since OUR Representatives are for sale, I want to KNOW who is buying them.

Agreed. Transparency is a damn good step in the right direction. I want to know EXACTLY who is funding those ads.. And not just some bullshit "Americans for Unicorns that fart glitter".

I want to know who the bundlers are. Since OUR Representatives are for sale, I want to KNOW who is buying them.

So you can sic the various government agencies on them to harass them for doing so when they disagree with you?
No, I don't think so.

No one should be able to buy the Presidency. Get rid of all donations, let them run on their merits and/or records. These BS lies paid for by others needs to stop.

Just think, if they have to use their own money to get elected, perhaps they'll understand going in how important it is to have a budget and not overspend.:eek:

No one should be able to buy the Presidency. Get rid of all donations, let them run on their merits and/or records. These BS lies paid for by others needs to stop.

Just think, if they have to use their own money to get elected, perhaps they'll understand going in how important it is to have a budget and not overspend.:eek:

That would mean only mega-millionaires like Kerry or Romney could get elected. Is that really what you want?

Welcome to the Citizens United States of America.

This means only the solution may be more difficult to achieve, but not impossible.

Progs have a Final Solution for the USA.

We can't wait to hear all about it

Remember how in 2008 when Obama had more cash then he knew what to do with that the libturds were whining incessantly about the corrupting influence of cash on our elections?

Funny, I don't remember that either.

So you can sic the various government agencies on them to harass them for doing so when they disagree with you?
No, I don't think so.

Exactly. That's the only reason the turds want "transparancy." They specialize in physical intimidation.

This means only the solution may be more difficult to achieve, but not impossible.

Progs have a Final Solution for the USA.

We can't wait to hear all about it

Remember how in 2008 when Obama had more cash then he knew what to do with that the libturds were whining incessantly about the corrupting influence of cash on our elections?

Funny, I don't remember that either.

That was different because he raised it off of $5 donations on the internet. Yeah, all of it.
Of course I dont remember libs whining when Bill Clinton raised thousands of dollars from Buddhist nuns pledged to poverty either.
Funny how that works.

Leftists are the biggest fucking hypocrites on the planet.

I agree.

To run, and have a shot of winning now takes such an enormous amount of money, that it's boxed us in to the 2 party system. Not to mention that you're having special interest groups, everything from unions to big oil who are essentially buying themselves the best candidate.

In the end, Americans end up where we are now.

It would seem that such a topic should be addressed by the owners manual for our government (the Constitution). When you live under a document that is 225 years old you get this sort of service from the blueprint.

Disparaging the blueprint when the problem is the 200 years of Crayola scribbled over the top of it doesn't get us anywhere. If the G-Pop of the last 100 years had ever been educated about our system of government and the instructions it's designers had left for us the problems would be FAR less than what we have.

You want to blame something? Blame the 2 party 'system'.

We were warned... See G. Washington's Farewell Address...

Forum List

Back