The One Thing God Can't Do.

If we hold Hitler responsible for the Holocaust deaths then by that same logic we should be charging every US President with similar crimes.

You are equating all deaths as murder.

Common sense tells one that is not so, for society must be protected from human predators.

And you are attempting to judge God: not a wise eternal choice.

After World War I and World War II, there was Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Josef Mengele, Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin and a whole host of others.

I believe it won't be any surprise.

So how many anti christs are there?

how many people did god kill as compared to Hitler?

Excluding how ever many he personally killed during WWI, I'm not aware of Hitler directly killing anyone. He ordered millions to be killed, but ultimately others did the killing as with most politicians. If we hold Hitler responsible for the Holocaust deaths then by that same logic we should be charging every US President with similar crimes.

And by comparison, Hitler was perhaps responsible for tens of millions of deaths. G-d is responsible for killing every living thing on the planet but for Noah and a few animals. G-d wins.

Only death row is better because at least their weapons were taken away.

Genesis 6:5 ¶ And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Genesis 6:11 ¶ The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

After World War I and World War II, there was Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Josef Mengele, Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin and a whole host of others.

So how many anti christs are there?

how many people did god kill as compared to Hitler?

Excluding how ever many he personally killed during WWI, I'm not aware of Hitler directly killing anyone. He ordered millions to be killed, but ultimately others did the killing as with most politicians. If we hold Hitler responsible for the Holocaust deaths then by that same logic we should be charging every US President with similar crimes.

And by comparison, Hitler was perhaps responsible for tens of millions of deaths. G-d is responsible for killing every living thing on the planet but for Noah and a few animals. G-d wins.

The Lord holds the keys over life and death. He is the one who has the right and obligation to determine how life enters and leaves mortality.

That is precisely why sins regarding the creating and destruction of life are the most severe.

We die as a natural consequences of our actions. But even though all of us will die, through Christ all of us will be restored to life again.

When Hitler finds the ability to bring all those people he murdered back to life, you might have a point about God. But until then, I would take Jake's advice against judging God. He's not a particularly big fan of it.

If you do have questions, feel free to ask Him though. He encourage honest questioning and gives us wisdom and knowledge liberally.

If we hold Hitler responsible for the Holocaust deaths then by that same logic we should be charging every US President with similar crimes.

Common sense tells one that is not so, for society must be protected from human predators.

The only killing that is not murder is killing done in self defense.

And you are rationalizing so as to keep your definition of a loving god in tact.

And you are rationalizing so as to keep your definition of a loving god in tact.

God is defending humanity so therefore it isn't murder. When life on this planet becomes corrupt or unbearable, will it survive on it's own or will it just be oppressive and just spread like a virus that corrupts others?

Last edited:

God is defending humanity so therefore it isn't murder. When life on this planet becomes corrupt or unbearable, will it survive on it's own or will it just be oppressive and just spread like a virus that corrupts others?

Sorry killing infants and children is not defending humanity.

If Nazi Germany won the war, what do you think their children would be doing? They would be doing the same crimes because they were just following orders.

If Nazi Germany won the war, what do you think their children would be doing? They would be doing the same crimes because they were just following orders.

And what did Communist countries and dictatorships do for years? Their children followed orders.

He might not be able to lie but he sure can kill people

Why do you think the anti-Christ will one day be in power?

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Thessalonians+2&version=KJV

I don't because there is no such thing.

I read the bible and god killed people left and right so he is a murderer who refuses to obey his own laws.

God = Eden
Man= everything else.
If you don't believe in the anti-Christ, why do you choose to believe the rest of what you read? :confused:

Actually, there's isn't anything that god can DO.

Ask for an answer to any question and what you hear from the believers is that man makes decisions and commits actions. God doesn't DO anything.

Besides, he's imaginary so its moot.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

You don't kill someone for what they might do in the future.

Why do you think the anti-Christ will one day be in power?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Thessalonians+2&version=KJV

I read the bible and god killed people left and right so he is a murderer who refuses to obey his own laws.

God = Eden
Man= everything else.
If you don't believe in the anti-Christ, why do you choose to believe the rest of what you read? :confused:

I personally don't believe any of it.

I am trying to understand why believers rationalize their beliefs so they can believe a murderous capricious god is somehow all loving.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

You don't kill someone for what they might do in the future.

Except God knows man's thoughts, He knows the future, He knows the circumstances and He knows the spiritual forces behind people's decisions. He knows more than you and is more capable of judging than us. He understands you more than you understand yourself.

Last edited:
if you believe the myth of god then god could and would do anything he/she chooses to do ..
there would be no cant's
oh yeah one more thing, he lied to adam and eve.

Lie.

God = Truth. God can't lie because if It did, It would no longer be true.

This of course means that God, if It exists, is not the God of any of the revealed religions.

God is NOT a liar but He created lies to deceive His people from the Truth, which is a symbolic name He uses to separate Himself from the flesh of His people that were made liars during this first age. Since He is killing all the flesh during this age and none of His creation will remember it in the next age, we won't ever know that God created liars during this first age.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.

God = Eden
Man= everything else.

I personally don't believe any of it.
I am trying to understand why believers rationalize their beliefs so they can believe a murderous capricious god is somehow all loving.

Then God isn't a murder if He doesn't exist, so why say He is?

Predict the future for me as accurately as the pretend God has.

Why did God use a lying spirit to deceive Ahab?

Must wonder why Satan had such a high position.

Satan is a myth. The Devil is simply a symbol for our temptation to violate the equal rights of others.

He might not be able to lie but he sure can kill people

God doesn't kill people, people kill people. God, if It exists, merely watches us exercising our free will to do evil or refrain from it.

So there are evil people, what's your point?

To reiterate, God is Truth, a Truth that is sadly lacking from all of the world's revealed religions because divine revelation would violate our free will. God, if It exists, can't lie, and therefore, It can do no evil--but people who claim to speak in God's name can and do.

When I first saw this thread I thought it was a riddle.

What is the one thing God can't do?

Make a rock so big that He can't pick it up.

Ezekiel 38
19: For in my jealousy and in my blazing wrath I declare, On that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20: the fish of the sea, and the birds of the air, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep on the ground, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall quake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the cliffs shall fall, and every wall shall tumble to the ground.

God does this with His voice, which is my created existence.

Psalm 46
2: Therefore we will not fear though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea;
3: though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble with its tumult. [Selah]
4: There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High.
5: God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God will help her right early.
6: The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts.
7: The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. [Selah]
8: Come, behold the works of the LORD, how he has wrought desolations in the earth.
9: He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow, and shatters the spear, he burns the chariots with fire!
10: "Be still, and know that I am God. I am exalted among the nations, I am exalted in the earth!"

Last edited:

No, ironically, God could do both at the same time. That argument is usually used to show why we can't have free will, because God, being omniscient knows everything. Though God gives us free will, by which we made choices which God can't foresee, by It's choice because that's something God desires. God could retract that gift/ability, but then we'd no longer have free will.

So it remains that the only thing that God can't do is lie. The implication is that It couldn't make a universe which gave evidence that It doesn't exist, which would be a lie. The best It could do is make a universe where there is no evidence either way. If evidence made God apparent, again, we'd not have free will by simply having the knowledge of or even a likelihood that It exists.

One other implication: God couldn't make a universe that looked 14 billion years old, when it was only 1 billion, or 6 thousand--because that would be a lie.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back