The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say let it all in. Let in Zimmerman's 2005 assault arrest and everything else in his background AND let in evidence of Martin's drug use, school suspensions, and everything else in his background. A trial is a search for the truth. It should be up to jurors how much weight to give to each piece of evidence. Let the jury decide what is relevant and what is irrelevant.

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer

The three incidents took place in Orange County, Fla.

In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.

In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.

In December 2006, Zimmerman was charged with speeding. The case was dismissed when the officer failed to show up in co

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer - U.S. News

Zimmerman Defense Wants Pictures of Pot-Smoking Trayvon Admitted

It just doesn't seem to go away, does it?

The George Zimmerman defense team in the case of Trayvon Martin, whom Zimmerman killed during an altercation in March 2012 in Sanford, Florida, is contending that evidence of Martin’s possible drug use and gun involvement should be admitted into court. On Thursday, Zimmerman’s attorney’s released pictures and texts from Martin’s cellphone, including pictures of a pot plant and of a gun, as well as pictures of Martin, smoke emanating from his mouth as he flips off the camera.

Read more @ Zimmerman Defense Wants Pictures of Pot-Smoking Trayvon Admitted
Anyone who smokes pot deserves to be shot. No brainer. Case dismissed.

Support the dea.:clap2:

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer

The three incidents took place in Orange County, Fla.

In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.

In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.

In December 2006, Zimmerman was charged with speeding. The case was dismissed when the officer failed to show up in co

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer - U.S. News

Z was only standing his ground..

It wasn't "his ground" however, in this case!

If GZ never got out of his truck, knowing the police are in route (as he was instructed and also per the regs of his "neighborhood watch" group) a senseless death would have been avoided.

It wasn't "his ground" however, in this case!

If GZ never got out of his truck, knowing the police are in route (as he was instructed and also per the regs of his "neighborhood watch" group) a senseless death would have been avoided.

That was not supposed to get out:eusa_shhh:

The only reason this case has any relevancy is that people are planning on using it as an excuse to get a new TV set they do not feel obligated to pay for.

The only reason this case has any relevancy is that people are planning on using it as an excuse to get a new TV set they do not feel obligated to pay for.

How did you find out about that? That was not supposed to get out.:eusa_shhh:

It will happen if Zimmerman is freed. This is a reason to have a 30 rd clip if the police are not allowed to stop rioters such as has happened in the past.

Zimmerman defense: Texts show Trayvon Martin 'hostile' day of shooting - CNN.com

Are they relevant? Should they be admissible?

I'm on the fence, I imagine setting up his state of mind that day could be relevant. However, I wonder if angry texts with a girlfriend hours before his death "set up a state of mind"? Especially with teenager boys, being angry one min. with one person and totally fine the next with someone else is pretty common.

Zimmerman defense: Texts show Trayvon Martin 'hostile' day of shooting - CNN.com

I'm on the fence, I imagine setting up his state of mind that day could be relevant. However, I wonder if angry texts with a girlfriend hours before his death "set up a state of mind"? Especially with teenager boys, being angry one min. with one person and totally fine the next with someone else is pretty common.

Zimmerman and the evidence indicate that Trayvon returned rather then go inside. Zimmerman claims he attacked him and has the wounds to substantiate that claim. Trayvon's attitude and mood is relevant.

it shows mind set and i would say it is relevant to the case.

the only way this enters the courtroom is if the prosecution goes with painting Martin as a choirboy. If they try that, the defense has an open door to rebut that position.

There are a lot of things on the phone that the defense wants added that I can't see as being relevant, pics of trayvon flipping off the camera, his wearing gold caps, not relevant IMO. I can see texts about fighting being relevant. Smoking weed and arguing with a gf, not really relevant unless the prosecution try's to paint a picture of trayvon that those thing refute.

There are a lot of things on the phone that the defense wants added that I can't see as being relevant, pics of trayvon flipping off the camera, his wearing gold caps, not relevant IMO. I can see texts about fighting being relevant. Smoking weed and arguing with a gf, not really relevant unless the prosecution try's to paint a picture of trayvon that those thing refute.

They want to paint the victim in a poor light, it's like what they do in rape cases. In this case it doesn't matter, he wasn't found with a gun or drugs on him, and he wasn't committing a crime.
Personally, I wonder why so many think that Zimmerman can use self defense, but not Martin. Someone following you could be considered a threat, and make one fear for their safety. So yeah, I never understood why some dont see that part of the situation. Is it because he is black? A teenager? Or not a legal gun owner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back