The Official Discussion Thread for who is considered indiginous to Palestine?

Who are the indiginous people(s) of the Palestine region?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there are no Canaanites or Jebusites or Nabatean peoples around, that means that Jews are the earliest extant inhabitants of Israel. And the Romans, Byzantines, and Muslims who invaded and settled there hundreds or thousands of years later were the colonialists.

While Jewish traditions have changed since then, Jewish laws and customs have remained remarkably stable - prayer in synagogue, regular Torah readings, eating kosher, wearing tefillin, putting up mezuzot, mikveh, holiday observances such as sukkah and matzoh, circumcision. And a large number of Jewish laws are dependent specifically on the land of Israel, such as the sabbatical year and terumat hamaaser.

Jews have kept their traditions over 2000 years at least as much as today's native Americans have kept theirs since the 17th century.

Labendz, however, apparently believes that Jews returning to Zion are the colonialists (or perhaps "settler colonialists.") Even more bizarrely, he thinks that somehow Jews are indigenous to the shtetl and Jewish ghettoes of Europe.

Noting the actual history of Jews and Judah in the Middle East and how they have kept their emotional and religious ties to the Land for 2000 years is, somehow, “verging on antisemitism.” According to modern intellectual bigots, Ashkenaz Jews should embrace the continent that has a history of demeaning them, oppressing them, "otherizing" them and sometimes murdering them as their homeland. The implication is that this is where they belong, in permanent diaspora, as a permanent minority, and any desire they have for self-determination is racist. (This is also Judith Butler's position.)

(full article online)

Jews have one of the longest histories, perhaps the longest history, as a distinct people with a continuous identity, expressed in language, religion, genealogy, and culture.

Indigenous palestinians? How come nobody is named Palestini?

C9AE9F2E-088C-4CAD-91F3-6422D6F211E4.jpeg

The numerous surnames of so-called palestinians reflect their origins and it‘s noteworthy that in numerous cases their origins are not palestine: From Masri, signifying Egypt, to Iraqi to Shami, signifying Syria. The list goes on. Among my favorite palestinian surnames is Bushnak, designating Bosnia—Bosnians are not even Arabs! Conspicuously, nobody is named Palestini to indicate an origin in palestine...

568C32C8-97E0-477F-A795-1A443FD6E818.jpeg

The easiest way to keep everything in perspective is to remember that there is a group of people who have identified as Jewish for over 3000 years and another group that identifies themselves as "Palestinian" for only a little over 50.

identified as Jewish for over 3000 years and another group that identifies themselves as "Palestinian" for only a little over 50.
History says otherwise---
You have this backwards, and I do not know why-?

Palestine
Joel 3:4 | Read whole chapter

Yea and what haue ye to do with me, O Tyre and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render mee a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I returne your recompense vpon your owne head.

Joel 3:2 - 3:5
Joel Chapter 3
4 Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence?

Originally denoted only the sea-coast of the land of Canaan "inhabited by the Philistines (Ex. 15:14; Isa. 14:29, 31; Joel" "3:4)

(2 Sam. 8; 1 Chr. 18; 1 Kings 4:1, 21). It has fittingly been designated "the least" "of all lands." Western Palestine, on the south of Gaza, is only" about 40 miles in breadth from the Mediterranean to the Dead "Sea, narrowing gradually toward the north, where it is only 20" miles from the sea-coast to the Jordan. "Palestine, "set in the midst"

(Ezra 1:1-4). "In the year B.C. 68, Palestine was reduced by Pompey the Great "to a Roman province. He laid the walls of the city in ruins, and" massacred some twelve thousand of the inhabitants.

(comp. John 2:20) The whole territory of" "Palestine, including the portions alloted to the trans-Jordan" "tribes, extended to about eleven thousand square miles. Recent"

Judea or Judæa (/dʒuːˈdiːə/;[1] from Hebrew: יהודה‎, Standard Yəhuda, Tiberian Yəhûḏāh, Greek: Ἰουδαία, Ioudaía; Latin: Iūdaea, Arabic: يهودا‎, Yahudia) is the ancient Hebrew and Israelite biblical, the exonymic Roman/English, and the modern-day name of the mountainous southern part of the region of Palestine.

Look up Palestine in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Borders of Mandatory Palestine
Historical boundaries of Roman Syria Palaestina, where dashed green line shows the boundary between Byzantine Palaestina Prima (later Jund Filastin) and Palaestina Secunda (later Jund al-Urdunn), as well as Palaestina Salutaris (later Jebel et-Tih and the Jifar)

Palestine usually refers to:
Palestine (region), a geographical and historical region in the Middle East

State of Palestine, a modern de jure sovereign state in the Middle East recognized by 136 UN members and with non-member observer state status in the United Nations
Palestine, Palaestina, or Filastin may also refer to:
Historical political entities
Syria Palaestina or Roman Palestine, a Roman province (135–390 CE), a province of the Roman Empire following merger of renamed Iudaea with Roman Syria
Palaestina Prima, a Byzantine province in the Levant from 390 to c. 636, comprising the Galilee and northern Jordan Valley
Palaestina Secunda, a Byzantine province in the Levant from 390 to c. 636, comprising the shoreline and hills of the Southern Levant (Judea and Samaria)
Palaestina Salutaris alias Palestina Tertia, a Byzantine province established in the 6th century, covering the Negev and Transjordan
Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem or Palestine (1872–1917), an Ottoman district that encompassed Jerusalem, Gaza, Jaffa, Hebron, Bethlehem and Beersheba
Mandatory Palestine (1920–1948), a geopolitical entity under British administration

What really is in question the the so called land of Israel; because Israel was a person, not a place

Palestine
Yea and what haue ye to do with me, O Tyre and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render mee a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I returne your recompense vpon your owne head.

Joel Chapter 3
4 Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence?

Originally denoted only the sea-coast of the land of Canaan "inhabited by the Philistines (Ex. 15:14; Isa. 14:29, 31; Joel" "3:4)
(2 Sam. 8; 1 Chr. 18; 1 Kings 4:1, 21). It has fittingly been designated "the least" "of all lands." Western Palestine, on the south of Gaza, is only" about 40 miles in breadth from the Mediterranean to the Dead "Sea, narrowing gradually toward the north, where it is only 20" miles from the sea-coast to the Jordan. "Palestine, "set in the midst"
(Ezra 1:1-4). "In the year B.C. 68, Palestine was reduced by Pompey the Great "to a Roman province. He laid the walls of the city in ruins, and" massacred some twelve thousand of the inhabitants.
(comp. John 2:20) The whole territory of" "Palestine, including the portions alloted to the trans-Jordan" "tribes, extended to about eleven thousand square miles. Recent"
Judea or Judæa (/dʒuːˈdiːə/;[1] from Hebrew: יהודה‎, Standard Yəhuda, Tiberian Yəhûḏāh, Greek: Ἰουδαία, Ioudaía; Latin: Iūdaea, Arabic: يهودا‎, Yahudia) is the ancient Hebrew and Israelite biblical, the exonymic Roman/English, and the modern-day name of the mountainous southern part of the region of Palestine.

Historical boundaries of Roman Syria Palaestina, where dashed green line shows the boundary between Byzantine Palaestina Prima (later Jund Filastin) and Palaestina Secunda (later Jund al-Urdunn), as well as Palaestina Salutaris (later Jebel et-Tih and the Jifar)

State of Palestine, a modern de jure sovereign state in the Middle East recognized by 136 UN members and with non-member observer state status in the United Nations

Syria Palaestina or Roman Palestine, a Roman province (135–390 CE), a province of the Roman Empire following merger of renamed Iudaea with Roman Syria
Palaestina Prima, a Byzantine province in the Levant from 390 to c. 636, comprising the Galilee and northern Jordan Valley
Palaestina Secunda, a Byzantine province in the Levant from 390 to c. 636, comprising the shoreline and hills of the Southern Levant (Judea and Samaria)
Palaestina Salutaris alias Palestina Tertia, a Byzantine province established in the 6th century, covering the Negev and Transjordan
Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem or Palestine (1872–1917), an Ottoman district that encompassed Jerusalem, Gaza, Jaffa, Hebron, Bethlehem and Beersheba
Mandatory Palestine (1920–1948), a geopolitical entity under British administration
Palestine - Wikipedia
Israel did not exist until 1947AD because before that date Israel was a person not a place
(Genesis 32:28 KJV) And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Iacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God, and with men, and hast preuailed.
:)-
View attachment 359698

Last edited:
identified as Jewish for over 3000 years and another group that identifies themselves as "Palestinian" for only a little over 50.

Palestine

Joel Chapter 3

What really is in question the the so called land of Israel; because Israel was a person, not a place

Palestine

Joel Chapter 3

Palestine - Wikipedia
Israel did not exist until 1947AD because before that date Israel was a person not a place
(Genesis 32:28 KJV) And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Iacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God, and with men, and hast preuailed.
Based upon the posts of yours I have read in the past I know you to be an antisemite and not at all bright.

You are referring to a land designation and not a people. Like DUH.

Palestine

Joel Chapter 3

Palestine

Joel Chapter 3

Palestine - Wikipedia
View attachment 359698

The name palestine is an English word based on a Greek/Latin word palaestina referring to Philistines, raiders from the Greek world. It does not appear in the Hebrew Bible, New Testament, nor even in the Koran...

C6C9AEC4-CF84-4A50-987D-980A0A0BDB60.jpeg

Based upon the posts of yours I have read in the past I know you to be an antisemite and not at all bright.
Oh my sweet plump dumpling, I provided evidence unreputable evidence that the land of Palestine did indeed exist & I have also pointed out that there never was a land called “Israel” prior to 1947ad

If you believe calling me an anti-Semite proves your point you are clearly WRONG

Next oh wise one

Palestine

Joel Chapter 3

Palestine

Joel Chapter 3

Palestine - Wikipedia
View attachment 359698

Palestine does not appear in the Bible, neither Old nor New Testaments...

E8C4050B-54CD-43D9-B866-2A8E52BCB4DF.jpeg

1F13A23F-19D5-42E7-8B0D-B89940F9D0A9.jpeg

Oh my sweet plump dumpling, I provided evidence unreputable evidence that the land of Palestine did indeed exist & I have also pointed out that there never was a land called “Israel” prior to 1947ad

If you believe calling me an anti-Semite proves your point you are clearly WRONG

Next oh wise one

Do you see palestine or Israel here, bright eyes? ⤵️

B54A0870-B91A-4185-BC38-9B96DF84C14C.jpeg

Next oh wise one

I said PEOPLE, dumb shit.

It does not appear in the Hebrew Bible, New Testament, nor even in the Koran...
Since you brought up Ezekiel I can add this--
Ezekiel 21 King James Version (KJV)

21 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,

3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.

4 Seeing then that I will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall my sword go forth out of his sheath against all flesh from the south to the north:

12 Cry and howl, son of man: for it shall be upon my people, it shall be upon all the princes of Israel: terrors by reason of the sword shall be upon my people: smite therefore upon thy thigh.

13 Because it is a trial, and what if the sword contemn even the rod? it shall be no more, saith the Lord God.

17 I will also smite mine hands together, and I will cause my fury to rest: I the Lord have said it.

18 The word of the Lord came unto me again, saying,

19 Also, thou son of man, appoint thee two ways, that the sword of the king of Babylon may come: both twain shall come forth out of one land: and choose thou a place, choose it at the head of the way to the city.

20 Appoint a way, that the sword may come to Rabbath of the Ammonites, and to Judah in Jerusalem the defenced.

21 For the king of Babylon stood at the parting of the way, at the head of the two ways, to use divination: he made his arrows bright, he consulted with images, he looked in the liver.

22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.

Ezekiel:

24 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.

25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

26 Thus saith the Lord God; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.

27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

28 And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord God concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering:

29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.

30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.

31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.

32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the Lord have spoken it.

*****The Truth Will Set You Free*****
Judea - Wikipedia

It does not appear in the Hebrew Bible, New Testament, nor even in the Koran...
Since you brought up Ezekiel I can add this--
Ezekiel 21 King James Version (KJV)

21 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,

3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.

4 Seeing then that I will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall my sword go forth out of his sheath against all flesh from the south to the north:

12 Cry and howl, son of man: for it shall be upon my people, it shall be upon all the princes of Israel: terrors by reason of the sword shall be upon my people: smite therefore upon thy thigh.

13 Because it is a trial, and what if the sword contemn even the rod? it shall be no more, saith the Lord God.

17 I will also smite mine hands together, and I will cause my fury to rest: I the Lord have said it.

18 The word of the Lord came unto me again, saying,

19 Also, thou son of man, appoint thee two ways, that the sword of the king of Babylon may come: both twain shall come forth out of one land: and choose thou a place, choose it at the head of the way to the city.

20 Appoint a way, that the sword may come to Rabbath of the Ammonites, and to Judah in Jerusalem the defenced.

21 For the king of Babylon stood at the parting of the way, at the head of the two ways, to use divination: he made his arrows bright, he consulted with images, he looked in the liver.

22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.

Ezekiel:

24 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.

25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

26 Thus saith the Lord God; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.

27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

28 And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord God concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering:

29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.

30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.

31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.

32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the Lord have spoken it.

You evidently have a learning disability. The name Palestine does not appear in the Hebrew Bible. It’s an English word.

The King James Bible mistranslated the name Philistia, which has been corrected in the New King James Bible and all other English translations. ⤵

77570C7B-D367-42EA-92B9-F808302782E0.jpeg
2C5900CA-AF5F-489C-A97F-AF9DBEEA070D.jpeg

*****The Truth Will Set You Free*****
Judea - Wikipedia

Hey ”genius”: Romans, and ancient Greeks, called Israel “Judea,” signifying land of the Jews.⤵️

6FF136AC-84D3-4532-89C6-E8CAD53FA254.jpeg

Food for thought, hope this does not give you indigestion hehe

Palestine history of

Syria Palaestina
(Latin: [ˈsʏ.ri.a pa.ɫ̪ae̯sˈt̪iː.na]; Koinē Greek: Συρία ἡ Παλαιστίνη, romanized: Syría hē Palaistínē, Koine Greek: [syˈri.a (h)e̝ pa.lɛsˈt̪i.ne̝]) was a Roman province between 135 AD and about 390.[1] It was established by the merger of Roman Syria and Roman Judaea, following the suppression of the Bar Kokhba revolt in 135 AD. Shortly after 193, the northern regions were split off as Syria Coele in the north and Phoenice in the south, and the province Syria Palaestina was reduced to Judea. The earliest numismatic evidence for the name Syria Palaestina comes from the period of emperor Marcus Aurelius[citation needed], although the Classical Greek version of name has been recorded in usage since at least the 5th century BC.
Syria Palaestina - Wikipedia

Palæstina Prima or Palaestina I was a Byzantine province from 390,[1] until the 7th century. It was lost to the Sassanid Empire in 614, but was re-annexed in 628, before its final loss during the Muslim conquest of Syria in 636.
Palaestina Prima - Wikipedia

Palaestina Salutaris or Palaestina Tertia was a Byzantine (Eastern Roman) province, which covered the area of the Negev (or Edom), Sinai (except the north western coast) and south-west of Transjordan, south of the Dead Sea. The province, a part of the Diocese of the East, was split from Arabia Petraea during the reforms of Diocletian in c.300 CE,[1] and existed until the Muslim Arab conquests of the 7th century.
Palaestina Salutaris - Wikipedia

The Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem (Ottoman Turkish: مُتَصَرِّف قدسی مُتَصَرِّفلغ‎, Kudüs-i Şerif Mutasarrıflığı; Arabic: متصرفية القدس الشريف‎, Mutaṣarrifiat al-quds aš-šarīf), also known as the Sanjak of Jerusalem, was an Ottoman district with special administrative status established in 1872.[3][4][5] The district encompassed Jerusalem as well as Bethlehem, Hebron, Jaffa, Gaza and Beersheba.[6] During the late Ottoman period, the Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem, together with the Sanjak of Nablus and Sanjak of Akka (Acre), formed the region that was commonly referred to as "Palestine".[3][nb 1] It was the 7th most heavily populated region of the Ottoman Empire's 36 provinces.[7]
Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem - Wikipedia

Palestine, area of the eastern Mediterranean region, comprising parts of modern Israel and the Palestinian territories of the Gaza Strip (along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea) and the West Bank (the area west of the Jordan River).
Palestine | History, People, & Religion

Food for thought, hope this does not give you indigestion hehe

Palestine history of

Syria Palaestina
(Latin: [ˈsʏ.ri.a pa.ɫ̪ae̯sˈt̪iː.na]; Koinē Greek: Συρία ἡ Παλαιστίνη, romanized: Syría hē Palaistínē, Koine Greek: [syˈri.a (h)e̝ pa.lɛsˈt̪i.ne̝]) was a Roman province between 135 AD and about 390.[1] It was established by the merger of Roman Syria and Roman Judaea, following the suppression of the Bar Kokhba revolt in 135 AD. Shortly after 193, the northern regions were split off as Syria Coele in the north and Phoenice in the south, and the province Syria Palaestina was reduced to Judea. The earliest numismatic evidence for the name Syria Palaestina comes from the period of emperor Marcus Aurelius[citation needed], although the Classical Greek version of name has been recorded in usage since at least the 5th century BC.
Syria Palaestina - Wikipedia

Palæstina Prima or Palaestina I was a Byzantine province from 390,[1] until the 7th century. It was lost to the Sassanid Empire in 614, but was re-annexed in 628, before its final loss during the Muslim conquest of Syria in 636.
Palaestina Prima - Wikipedia

Palaestina Salutaris or Palaestina Tertia was a Byzantine (Eastern Roman) province, which covered the area of the Negev (or Edom), Sinai (except the north western coast) and south-west of Transjordan, south of the Dead Sea. The province, a part of the Diocese of the East, was split from Arabia Petraea during the reforms of Diocletian in c.300 CE,[1] and existed until the Muslim Arab conquests of the 7th century.
Palaestina Salutaris - Wikipedia

The Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem (Ottoman Turkish: مُتَصَرِّف قدسی مُتَصَرِّفلغ‎, Kudüs-i Şerif Mutasarrıflığı; Arabic: متصرفية القدس الشريف‎, Mutaṣarrifiat al-quds aš-šarīf), also known as the Sanjak of Jerusalem, was an Ottoman district with special administrative status established in 1872.[3][4][5] The district encompassed Jerusalem as well as Bethlehem, Hebron, Jaffa, Gaza and Beersheba.[6] During the late Ottoman period, the Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem, together with the Sanjak of Nablus and Sanjak of Akka (Acre), formed the region that was commonly referred to as "Palestine".[3][nb 1] It was the 7th most heavily populated region of the Ottoman Empire's 36 provinces.[7]
Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem - Wikipedia

Palestine, area of the eastern Mediterranean region, comprising parts of modern Israel and the Palestinian territories of the Gaza Strip (along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea) and the West Bank (the area west of the Jordan River).
Palestine | History, People, & Religion

Palestine: English word from a Greek/Latin word referring to Philistines, raiders from the Greek world. Palestine does not appear in the Bible nor even in the Koran.⤵️

B144BF26-39C3-4253-8976-02F924B3FAC7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back