The odd nature of today's version of "Bill Hemmer Reports" on Fox News

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
No one is surprised by the fact that Fox is a conservative network that openly supports President Trump. Theoretically, the Hemmer Report is a straight news hour with a conservative bent.

However, today, Hemmer was very different, strange even. Despite the fact that over 85,000 Americans have died from the current pandemic and we are facing the worst economic disaster since the Great Depression ninety years ago, Hemmer hosted a news hour that provided a confusing, far right sham of a conspiracy that hinted at Biden's involvement, but never quite explained what Biden did wrong.

Although well-versed in the events Hemmer was discussing, it took me roughly 30 minutes to figure out what exactly he was talking about.

For example, the caption bellow read Biden among those on list of Obama officials who may have received Flynn's identity

Huh? Flynn was a retired army lieutenant general with an impressive war record. He was an integral part of Trump's 2016 campaign. Millions knew of Flynn's identity, even me. It was not a secret. Fox considered it a major headline that was on the screen for several minutes.

Later, viewers learned that top Obama administration officials purportedly requested to "unmask" the identity of former national security adviser Michael Flynn during the Presidential transition period.

Aw, so that was what this was all about, but Fox was only telling half the story.

Fox did not explain that Flynn broke a few federal laws when, at Trump's behest, on or about Dec. 29, 2016, he made a deal with the hostile Russian government via a phone call with the Russian ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Kislyak. Flynn was a private citizen at the time, and he was interfering in the foreign policy of the President. We have only one President at the time.

A declassified list specifically showed officials who “may have received Lt. Gen Flynn’s identity in response to a request processed between 8 November 2016 and 31 January 2017 to unmask an identity that had been generically referred to in an NSA foreign intelligence report.”

Yeah, so? Unmasking is a routine practice used to identify a U.S. person who is anonymously referred to in an intelligence document, a document that is disclosing that a U.S. person is talking to a foreign government, in itself not a crime, but worth looking into, especially in this case.

30 minutes into the program I was still confused. What was Hemmer getting at? Flynn being the exception, what was the crime? Who did what wrong?

Confusion reigned. What was the point? Surely, Fox had a point somewheres.[/I]

I got the impression the point was so farfetched that Hemmer was delaying it as long as possible.

I was right. Fox finally got to the point. "There was absolutely nothing wrong with his phone calls with the Russia Ambassador Kislyak and what shows disrespect for the law is when you unmask officials who shouldn't be unmasked and then leak classified material and leak the Kislyak phone calls to the press, which is a felony offense punishable with a 10-year statutory maximum," FOX News contributor Sol Wisenberg explained.

I was incredulous. That's it? That is what this is all about?

Wisenberg is lying. Flynn broke the law, and he got caught. But Wisenberg is not concerned about that He withheld the fact that Flynn pleaded guilty to his crimes. He forgot to mention that Trump fired Flynn because of his crimes. Flynn is the shortest serving NSA in American history.

Wisenberg was not concerned about Flynn's crimes, which included lying to the vice-president and the FBI, but a leaked story by an unknown person 3/12 years ago.

Unreal! The whole hour was spent on this farce. Not a minute was spent on the deadly pandemic or the economic crisis.

In its support of Trump, Fox is getting desperate.

The sad part is that all of this political intrigue will result in bupkis. The old power structure will remain, and everybody on Capitol Hill will continue to vote for the highest bidder.
This is all a Kabuki jerk fest.

No one is surprised by the fact that Fox is a conservative network that openly supports President Trump. Theoretically, the Hemmer Report is a straight news hour with a conservative bent.

However, today, Hemmer was very different, strange even. Despite the fact that over 85,000 Americans have died from the current pandemic and we are facing the worst economic disaster since the Great Depression ninety years ago, Hemmer hosted a news hour that provided a confusing, far right sham of a conspiracy that hinted at Biden's involvement, but never quite explained what Biden did wrong.

Although well-versed in the events Hemmer was discussing, it took me roughly 30 minutes to figure out what exactly he was talking about.

For example, the caption bellow read Biden among those on list of Obama officials who may have received Flynn's identity

Huh? Flynn was a retired army lieutenant general with an impressive war record. He was an integral part of Trump's 2016 campaign. Millions knew of Flynn's identity, even me. It was not a secret. Fox considered it a major headline that was on the screen for several minutes.

Later, viewers learned that top Obama administration officials purportedly requested to "unmask" the identity of former national security adviser Michael Flynn during the Presidential transition period.

Aw, so that was what this was all about, but Fox was only telling half the story.

Fox did not explain that Flynn broke a few federal laws when, at Trump's behest, on or about Dec. 29, 2016, he made a deal with the hostile Russian government via a phone call with the Russian ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Kislyak. Flynn was a private citizen at the time, and he was interfering in the foreign policy of the President. We have only one President at the time.

A declassified list specifically showed officials who “may have received Lt. Gen Flynn’s identity in response to a request processed between 8 November 2016 and 31 January 2017 to unmask an identity that had been generically referred to in an NSA foreign intelligence report.”

Yeah, so? Unmasking is a routine practice used to identify a U.S. person who is anonymously referred to in an intelligence document, a document that is disclosing that a U.S. person is talking to a foreign government, in itself not a crime, but worth looking into, especially in this case.

30 minutes into the program I was still confused. What was Hemmer getting at? Flynn being the exception, what was the crime? Who did what wrong?

I got the impression the point was so farfetched that Hemmer was delaying it as long as possible.

I was right. Fox finally got to the point. "There was absolutely nothing wrong with his phone calls with the Russia Ambassador Kislyak and what shows disrespect for the law is when you unmask officials who shouldn't be unmasked and then leak classified material and leak the Kislyak phone calls to the press, which is a felony offense punishable with a 10-year statutory maximum," FOX News contributor Sol Wisenberg explained.

Wisenberg is lying. Flynn broke the law, and he got caught. But Wisenberg is not concerned about that He withheld the fact that Flynn pleaded guilty to his crimes. He forgot to mention that Trump fired Flynn because of his crimes. Flynn is the shortest serving NSA in American history.

Wisenberg was not concerned about Flynn's crimes, which included lying to the vice-president and the FBI, but a leaked story by an unknown person 3/12 years ago.

Unreal! The whole hour was spent on this farce. Not a minute was spent on the deadly pandemic or the economic crisis.

JonesDragons.jpg

o_O Dear God, the OP has the IQ of a turnip! I stopped reading her rant at the point where she imbecilically asserted Flynn broke multiple laws, he did not, his only crime out of the entire episode being his purported lie to the FBI(process crime), which because they were threatening his son, and had already bankrupted him out of his home, he plead too! OP, you fucking idiot, Obama had ordered his team to pursue the General for violating the Logan act which you stupidly misrepresented, an obscure statute signed into law by John Adams in the late 1700's, not a single person in all of US history has ever been charged and convicted of violating the Logan act!

OP, you clearly didn't understand the nature of Hemmers report not because he was vague, but rather because you are a certifiably intellectually aborted sub-moron! :banana:

The upshot is there is a Libstooge Judge that probably going to block the dismissal of the case forcing President Trump to pardon Flynn. That is how the end game is going to play out IMO.

The upshot is there is a Libstooge Judge that probably going to block the dismissal of the case forcing President Trump to pardon Flynn. That is how the end game is going to play out IMO.
That is exactly what that fucktard judge has in mind! If I were Mr Barr, I'd immediately subpoena the judges phone records and see how many calls he has had with Obama, or his proxies???

The unmasking of a name like that in and of itself is a crime. It's not "done all the time."

Flynn did not break the law because he didnt lie to the FBI during a valid investigation.

The OP is dumb as a box of lag bolts.

o_O Dear God, the OP has the IQ of a turnip! I stopped reading her rant at the point where she imbecilically asserted Flynn broke multiple laws, he did not, his only crime out of the entire episode being his purported lie to the FBI(process crime), which because they were threatening his son, and had already bankrupted him out of his home, he plead too! OP, you fucking idiot, Obama had ordered his team to pursue the General for violating the Logan act which you stupidly misrepresented, an obscure statute signed into law by John Adams in the late 1700's, not a single person in all of US history has ever been charged and convicted of violating the Logan act!

OP, you clearly didn't understand the nature of Hemmers report not because he was vague, but rather because you are a certifiably intellectually aborted sub-moron! :banana:

The original crimes, the reason he lied to the vice-president and the FBI and the reason Trump fired him in February of 2017 was that as a private citizen Flynn made a deal with a hostile foreign government and interfered with the foreign policy of the President.

It hardly matters When Flynn pleaded guilty to lying about his deal with a hostile foreign power. There were other factors involved, including his cooperation with the Mueller investigation. He pleaded guilty, end of story.

You sound as though unmasking was some sort of a crime. It is not. It is routinely used by people in intelligence and those interested in the intelligence product. Indeed, there have been more requests for unmasking by the Trump administration then the entire Obama administration.

In this case. unmasking was used to find out which American was talking to the enemy, what was being said, and who was making deals with that enemy. If that violated Flynn's Fourth Amendment rights, so be it.

Surveillance is routinely used by FBI, CIA, and the NSA. Believe it or not, surveillance is not a crime. Would you prefer that our intelligence and law enforcement agencies not use surveillance?

The original crimes, the reason he lied to the vice-president and the FBI and the reason Trump fired him in February of 2017 was that as a private citizen Flynn made a deal with a hostile foreign government and interfered with the foreign policy of the President.

It hardly matters When Flynn pleaded guilty to lying about his deal with a hostile foreign power. There were other factors involved, including his cooperation with the Mueller investigation. He pleaded guilty, end of story.

You sound as though unmasking was some sort of a crime. It is not. It is routinely used by people in intelligence and those interested in the intelligence product. Indeed, there have been more requests for unmasking by the Trump administration then the entire Obama administration.

In this case. unmasking was used to find out which American was talking to the enemy, what was being said, and who was making deals with that enemy. If that violated Flynn's Fourth Amendment rights, so be it.

Surveillance is routinely used by FBI, CIA, and the NSA. Believe it or not, surveillance is not a crime. Would you prefer that our intelligence and law enforcement agencies not use surveillance?

He pled guilty because the FBI threatened his son. There was no valid reason for the interview other than entrapment. That nullifies the guilty plea. It's known as violation of due process. The FBI withheld exculpatory evidence from the defense. That is a violation of the judicial process which again, nullifies any guilty plea.

All the tRumplings are.

o_O Dear God, folks look no further, the above is the poster zombie for the impossibly stupid, literally the above imbecile is walking, and talking, while dead.....

TDS thread 1,571

In December 2016, President Obama announced punishing economic sanctions against Russia in retaliation for its email thefts and other actions taken to help elect Donald Trump. The purpose of the sanctions was to let Russia know that its election operation, which had been undertaken with Trump’s encouragement, would not be rewarded.

Michael Flynn, Trump’s incoming national security adviser, wanted to send a very different message to the Russians. In a secret conversation with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak, Flynn reassured the Russian that the incoming administration would steer U.S.-Russia relations in a different direction. Obama was trying to punish Russia for its act, and Flynn was trying to undermine the punishment.

Putin agreed to take up the matter with the incoming administration. Failure to retaliate against the American sanctions was a first for Putin.

Trump Frees Russia Probe Criminal, Then Gloats With Putin

Three Republican senators on Wednesday made public a recently declassified list of U.S. officials from acting DNI, Richard Grenell, including former vice president Joe Biden. The officials from the Obama administration purportedly sought to "unmask" Trump adviser Michael Flynn in late 2016 and early 2017 – a practice used to identify a U.S. person who is anonymously referred to in intelligence documents that reveal Americans speaking to agents of a foreign power. The Americans are not being surveilled. The foreign agents are, and the Americans get caught. Unmasking Americans speaking to agents of a foreign power, especially a hostile foreign power like Russia, is legitimate tool belonging to the President and his intelligence agencies.

The list includes the names of more than three dozen former Obama administration officials. Among them are Biden, former White House chief of staff Denis McDonough, former FBI director James Comey, former CIA director John Brennan and former director of national intelligence James Clapper.

This list appears to be a big deal for Bill Hemmer and the Republicans.

Now someone tell me what these officials did wrong. If anything?

This will all become a major embarrassment for the GOP in the months ahead, but they are forced to use desperate measures. Their candidate is Donald Trump.

In December 2016, President Obama announced punishing economic sanctions against Russia in retaliation for its email thefts and other actions taken to help elect Donald Trump. The purpose of the sanctions was to let Russia know that its election operation, which had been undertaken with Trump’s encouragement, would not be rewarded.

Michael Flynn, Trump’s incoming national security adviser, wanted to send a very different message to the Russians. In a secret conversation with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak, Flynn reassured the Russian that the incoming administration would steer U.S.-Russia relations in a different direction. Obama was trying to punish Russia for its act, and Flynn was trying to undermine the punishment.

Putin agreed to take up the matter with the incoming administration. Failure to retaliate against the American sanctions was a first for Putin.

Trump Frees Russia Probe Criminal, Then Gloats With Putin
Since no Russian collusion was ever proven, except to help Hillary, how does that make Flynn's phone call relevant?

Three Republican senators on Wednesday made public a recently declassified list of U.S. officials from acting DNI, Richard Grenell, including former vice president Joe Biden. The officials from the Obama administration purportedly sought to "unmask" Trump adviser Michael Flynn in late 2016 and early 2017 – a practice used to identify a U.S. person who is anonymously referred to in intelligence documents that reveal Americans speaking to agents of a foreign power. The Americans are not being surveilled. The foreign agents are, and the Americans get caught. Unmasking Americans speaking to agents of a foreign power, especially a hostile foreign power like Russia, is legitimate tool belonging to the President and his intelligence agencies.

The list includes the names of more than three dozen former Obama administration officials. Among them are Biden, former White House chief of staff Denis McDonough, former FBI director James Comey, former CIA director John Brennan and former director of national intelligence James Clapper.

This list appears to be a big deal for Bill Hemmer and the Republicans.

Now someone tell me what these officials did wrong. If anything?

This will all become a major embarrassment for the GOP in the months ahead, but they are forced to use desperate measures. Their candidate is Donald Trump.

You do realize that surveillance of an American citizen requires a warrant, right?

Flynn was "unmasked" making his identity known to numerous Obama officials who then used that information to prosecute him. That is unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back