The Obama selfie: Harmless or tasteless?

The Obama selfie: Harmless or tasteless?

• Harmless

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Tasteless

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
You should have included "Totally Inappropriate" as an option. Nothing the chicago gutter trash does surprises me any more.

So you do not think it was 'tasteless'?

WRONG AGAIN! Totally inappropriate encompasses tasteless also, he was there representing our country. But I guess expecting proper decorum from a gutter trash community organizer is a bit much.
You either didn't watch any coverage of the memorial, or the reactions of South Africans upon hearing the news of Mandela's death. Or you are culturally deaf. Or you don't use context in making your partisan judgments. But the world does not agree with you.

When the bartender says you've had enough, do you ignore his advise too?

As an act committed by an individual, the selfie might be disrespectful but really no big deal and not worth mentioning. As an act committed by a head of state, representing that state, it was crass, tasteless and reprehensible.

yes, he and Cameron flirting with the hot danish was very juvenile and inappropriate for heads of state.

We don't have heads of state with this bunch of clowns

just embarrassing classless people

As an act committed by an individual, the selfie might be disrespectful but really no big deal and not worth mentioning. As an act committed by a head of state, representing that state, it was crass, tasteless and reprehensible.

yes, he and Cameron flirting with the hot danish was very juvenile and inappropriate for heads of state.

[ame=http://youtu.be/09fz5HjCGKw]The ultimate George Bush dance collection - YouTube[/ame]

Oh, I see. You mean to say that "proper decorum" means being 'politically-correct'. Got you. :lol:

Never been in the military have you, political correctness has nothing to do with conducting yourself properly in a public setting when you're representing this country. Had your gutter trash leader ever served he would know that. Now he holds the title of liar of the year, I'm sure you're so proud.

Conducting yourself properly in the public is not only confined to the military. It used to be just part of the proper manners.
But nowadays appropriate manners are considered "racist" and "oppressive" by some :lol:

obama lacks simple manners. his conduct at the funeral was tasteless, however the harmfulness of inappropriate conduct of the trio is directed at them only.

therefore we see a panic in the PR department of the WH ( and acroos the pond as well) with haste damage control.
The obamabots here on the board are a perfect example of this.

I used the military as an example because most people wouldn't have been in a position of representing our country in a foreign setting, except in uniform.

So you do not think it was 'tasteless'?

WRONG AGAIN! Totally inappropriate encompasses tasteless also, he was there representing our country. But I guess expecting proper decorum from a gutter trash community organizer is a bit much.
You either didn't watch any coverage of the memorial, or the reactions of South Africans upon hearing the news of Mandela's death. Or you are culturally deaf. Or you don't use context in making your partisan judgments. But the world does not agree with you.

When the bartender says you've had enough, do you ignore his advise too?

Your gutter trash dear leader is not South African and he wasn't acting like a goddamned fool for anyone's benefit except his own. I guess you didn't get the memo that your dear leader is holding the office of President of the United States, not chief pop tart. Excuse the hell out of me if I expect him to conduct himself in a manner appropriate with his office. But like I said earlier, I probably should expect any more from a gutter trash community organizer.

BTW I don't waste my money in bars.

This and his bow to Raul Castro is going to make for monumental propaganda fodder.

Always they turn things on him no matter what the occasion

we should be embarrassed by this nonsense

but, whatever he and his party are loaded with a bunch of low class idiots

He has made such a serious mess of things, he is trying to effectuate lightheartedness into a sober event. Change has to start somewhere.

Mandela_Funeral_Obama_Laugh_Caption.jpg

Wasnt a funeral.

It was both. To see if it was harmless and tasteless, I suppose one would have to look at the newspapers around the world to see their reactions.

It would be nice if you could depend on the president to conduct himself with decorum, but it wasn't an earth shattering event. Michelle's reaction gave us Americans a good laugh.

As for the hand shaking event with Castro, I think that was a non- event as well.

All is well. As for Michelle, she has to lighten up.

Last edited:
What it is is an embarrassment internationally and a disgrace to the office he holds as well as to the members of Mandelas family.

Just shows he really doesn't give a fuck about anyone but him.

If you could ask Nelson Mandela what he thought of the 'selfie', I'll bet anything that he would consider it harmless without a doubt. Mandela would no doubt get a chuckle from the incident.

Knew him well did you?

No one knows what his opinion would have been least of all you.

Obama's action was probably harmful but only to himself.

He is an idiot and proving it.

Hilarious. In some cultures, people honor the dead by celebrating their life with parties, dancing and good will. Republicans don't understand this because they think they are "exceptional" and only the way they live is the right way. What Obama was doing was exactly right for where he was. The man has class. Republicans have none which is why the don't recognize class when they see it.

Hilarious. In some cultures, people honor the dead by celebrating their life with parties, dancing and good will. Republicans don't understand this because they think they are "exceptional" and only the way they live is the right way. What Obama was doing was exactly right for where he was. The man has class. Republicans have none which is why the don't recognize class when they see it.

Moron alert!

Moron alert!

I rest my case. Certainly, no one has ever accused you of having either class or taste.

Our Imperial President. "Look! Rich people! Here's your chance to get even!" He did say that, the get even part, anyway, sly little SOB that he is.
He may not have exactly said "Those people on Government welfare along with the working poor constitute a critical mass, that if manipulated properly, could lead to putting a Communist in office and maintaining him there for a considerable time" at Loyola University in 1998 but that is precisely the path that Comrade Cucksocker is following today.

The Selfie President | Power Line

Forum List

Back