The Obama legacy: 92898000 Americans not working

the RW's have no idea how to calculate unemployment #'s and OFFER no way to calculate unemployment #'s ... they simply disagree with any and ALL unemployment #'s... makes their life simple ... just like them.

I provided two links that show how participation rate and unemployed and employed are calculated. Your failure to read either is not a failure on anyone else's part.

U1
U2
U3
U4
U5
U6

which one? ^^^^^^^^^ then define it. .. or pick one and I'll define it for you.

where would the economy be if 92 million people were unemployed and trying to pay bills ...logic totally escapes RW fools

Not sure what you are demanding and stomping your feet over.

Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization

Not seasonally adjustedSeasonally adjusted
Feb.2014Jan.2015Feb.2015Feb.2014Oct.2014Nov.2014Dec.2014Jan.2015Feb.2015

U-1 Persons unemployed 15 weeks or longer, as a percent of the civilian labor force

3.6 2.7 2.7 3.5 2.8 2.7 2.6 2.7 2.6
U-2 Job losers and persons who completed temporary jobs, as a percent of the civilian labor force

3.9 3.1 3.0 3.5 2.8 2.9 2.8 2.7 2.7
U-3 Total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force (official unemployment rate)

7.0 6.1 5.8 6.7 5.7 5.8 5.6 5.7 5.5
U-4 Total unemployed plus discouraged workers, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus discouraged workers

7.5 6.5 6.3 7.1 6.2 6.2 6.0 6.1 6.0
U-5 Total unemployed, plus discouraged workers, plus all other persons marginally attached to the labor force, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force

8.4 7.4 7.1 8.0 7.1 7.1 6.9 7.0 6.8
U-6 Total unemployed, plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force

13.1 12.0 11.4 12.6 11.5 11.4 11.2 11.3 11.0

All those numbers have been improving.

Did you really think they would not? I never thought they would not but what I thought, and has happened, is what Obama did was drag out the recovery. Now that we have a Republican congress I suspect even more growth.

the national debt is a time bomb.sooner or later it will implode. many of us will probably have to sell our homes and buy a small condo to retire in when the economy collapses again. I have no choice, I have to sell mine. thank god my bro/sister have homes worth about 500,000.

all we can hope for is that the 10's of millions who live off the government will forget to vote in 2016 while they are too occupied spending our money on gadgets,food, prostitutes, vacations, etc.

You realize that the 10's of millions who use government assistance include retired people, people on disability, military families, and people working for minimum wage, don't you?

all we can hope for is that the 10's of millions who live off the government will forget to vote in 2016 while they are too occupied spending our money on gadgets,food, prostitutes, vacations, etc.

You realize that the 10's of millions who use government assistance include retired people, people on disability, military families, and people working for minimum wage, don't you?
yes I do, I am only referring to the millions who abuse the system, the able body ones who collect welfare and wont look for work.

yes I do, I am only referring to the millions who abuse the system, the able body ones who collect welfare and wont look for work.

Those who collect welfare and won't look for work are the other 1%. Hardcore welfare cases are 1% of the population. All of this energy focused on so few. And the amount they get, in total is miniscule compared to corporate welfare.

For example, WalMart employees cost each US taxpayer $2500 per year which goes to pay for food stamps and Medicare and other benefits paid to low income workers, while the Walton Family pockets billions in profits. WalMart is one of the most profitable companies in the US, and those profits are distributed off the backs of US taxpayers. WalMart recently announced an increase in wages to their employees which should take them off the government dole, but there are other companies with huge profits which are similarly supplementing poverty level wages with government subsidies.

Check out the amount Monsanto pays in taxes - nothing!!! And after paying no corporate taxes, the President of Monsanto had the balls to go before Congress to complain that corporate taxes are too high.

Anger at the poor is a smokescreen that Republicans use to distract their voters from the real problems: US corporation shipping jobs overseas, and the low amount of taxes paid by many of the world's biggest companies.

Those who collect welfare and won't look for work are the other 1%. Hardcore welfare cases are 1% of the population. All of this energy focused on so few. And the amount they get, in total is miniscule compared to corporate welfare.

For example, WalMart employees cost each US taxpayer $2500 per year which goes to pay for food stamps and Medicare and other benefits paid to low income workers, while the Walton Family pockets billions in profits. WalMart is one of the most profitable companies in the US, and those profits are distributed off the backs of US taxpayers. WalMart recently announced an increase in wages to their employees which should take them off the government dole, but there are other companies with huge profits which are similarly supplementing poverty level wages with government subsidies.

Check out the amount Monsanto pays in taxes - nothing!!! And after paying no corporate taxes, the President of Monsanto had the balls to go before Congress to complain that corporate taxes are too high.

Anger at the poor is a smokescreen that Republicans use to distract their voters from the real problems: US corporation shipping jobs overseas, and the low amount of taxes paid by many of the world's biggest companies.
i think a lot of the welfare abuses live in the deep blue states/especially california. they seem to be more interested in living off the government and spending their days on the beach partying. wait till the day comes when they are still broke and going into their 30's, and no hope for retirement money.

The amount of welfare abuse is minuscule compared to the billions corporations are getting to supplement minimum wages paid to their employees.

You're simply picking up the peanuts while being trampled by the elephants. And the Republican Party wants to keep it that way.

Outrage at who? All the successful Americans who have retired that don't need to work?

Outrage at who? All the successful Americans who have retired that don't need to work?
All the Americans not working but they are eating!

November 08, 2016
RUSH: But here's the difference today: 94 million Americans are not working but they all are eating, and they're getting unemployment checks for 99 weeks minimum.

not in the labor force and unemployed are the same thing-

to low IQ RW idgets ....

upload_2018-8-28_21-41-57.jpeg

The real Obama legacy......................How sad......

images

Shame on the FBI and the CIA and the DOJ........and shame on Obama.....

not in the labor force and unemployed are the same thing-

to low IQ RW idgets ....
And dumb ass Tramp!

JAN. 11, 2017
TRUMP: And you’d have millions more workers right now in the United States that are — 96 million really wanting a job and they can’t get. You know that story. The real number — that’s the real number.

guess its Trumps fault 30% of the population in this country is unemployed

guess its Trumps fault 30% of the population in this country is unemployed
102 million people in the U.S. and not a word about it from the right who talked about how this figure daily for 8 years while Obama was president..

Forum List

Back